Click Subscribe Now to get started, and start receiving emails from American Standard. Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them. IF YOUR BID IS APPROVED, YOUR PAYMENT METHOD ON FILE WILL BE CHARGED AUTOMATICALLY. This product is listed under the following manufacturer number(s): *Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued. Find a sink that's bigger and have it cut. After about tens years rusted areas along the sink rim will bulge and the porcelain will pop off. Thanks. Payment: Wire Transfer for Total Sale Amounts of $5,000 or more. Find reviews, expert advice, manuals, specs & more. Get the latest info from American Standard including innovations, inspirational design ideas, special promotions, and much more. With a wide range of styles, our stainless steel kitchen sinks offer a quieter experience. The American Standard 7172.803W.021 has been discontinued ** See similar or replacement items below ** American Standard Single Basin Americast Kitchen Sink from the Silhouette Series Model: 7172.803W.021 from the Silhouette Collection Write a Review Discontinued Shop All American Standard Silhouette Collection Products And recutting that hole to fit anything but a top mount isn't gonna happen. What I really like is the extra depth and the drain set in the back corner, which clears space in the cabinet below by moving the disposal to the back corner. I'd like to have it replaced. I purchased an Americast kitchen sink during a kitchen renovation. The house sold without that being an issue "Had to reglaze sink because otherwise i would have had to replace the whole countertop!". This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Acidic foods (e.g. Lakeland 33" x 22 Large Single Bowl Kitchen Sink Americast brand engineered material resists damage from hot pots Glossy porcelain finish Large capacity single bowl design fits large cookie sheets Fits in the cutout of a standard 33" x 22" double bowl sink Self-rimming or undercounter installation Silicone sealant supplied If want an undermount sink, you will have to consider getting new counter tops. Model #7172854.208. . . Sophie: You said that it was "enamel and plastic". The stone fabricator offered to come out and cut a larger hole for a larger sink. After a year, I noticed water in the cabinet below the sink. For the removal of stubborn pan/metal marks in your Americast sink, we recommend either Cook Top Cleaning Cream or Pfaltzgraff dish cleaner. You are using an out of date browser. and Bidding & Buying Policy. Our collection of durable kitchen sinks delivers the quality you've come to expect from American Standard. Please carefully review our shipping and returns policy before committing to a bid. Is there maybe a central database of sink sizes somewhere? Applicable sales tax may apply. Type: Remv. It's enamel and plastic. BonAmi and Gel Gloss are excellent cleaner/polishers and can be used liberally and as often as necessary. I'm curious because I'm having the same problem, trying to replace an Americast where the hole is too small for any other sink (although mine is a top mount). Nice style, the cut out area around the drain was helpful with larger pots and pans. Fits Shiny S-842, PET-842 & S-1822 Plastic Self-Inking Stamps. If you prefer a most rustic look, our country kitchen sink and farmhouse sinks are stylish options for updated kitchens. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. They didn't say much about the problem or what they would do, but after providing them with a purchase reciept, a new sink just arrived at my house. Large deep bowls with flat bottoms and offset drains provide more usable bowl space. Haha. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Durable Americast construction resists damage from hot pots. Americast is American Standard's patented process that bonds a high-quality porcelain enamel surface with an enameling grade material and a molded reinforcement material backing. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Reviewed in the United States on April 6, 2015. Write a Review. Please send your email only to those friends who will be interested. We know this is frustrating! This is a terrible sink and when coupled with custom cut granite countertops as an undermount has left me in quite a predicament. The Eternal Question: How do I make my 60s Colonial attractive. Add to Cart. To learn more about wire transfers, please read the FAQ on Wire Transfers for Vehicles and Heavy Industrial Equipment. The warranty is absolutely useless. Compare $ 30 90. It's ''cast metal''. American Standard 7172.803V. No advice, opinions or information, whether oral or written, obtained from PropertyRoom or through the website or services shall create any warranty. To clean most dirt and stains use soapy water or ammonia-based cleaner. We have a granite countertop which has been cut for this sink and will fit no other. American Standard 7172.804.208 Silhouette 25-Inch Americas Single Bowl American Standard 7172.804.208 Silhouette 25-Inch Americas Single Bowl Four-Hole Kitchen Sink, White Heat, Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. That wasn't true. FaucetDirect.com strongly opposes the practice of sending unsolicited email for commercial purposes, otherwise known as "spam." Did you end up addressing your sink issue and if so, how? Sophie Wheeler is wrong. What did you end up doing? They also include insulated backing, which provides sound deadening, reducing noise from garbage disposers and provides longer, warmer soak. To enhance shine use a non-abrasive polish, such as Hop's Countertop Polisher. After some years the metal under the enamel corrodes, and the enamel cracks off exposing sharp rusted metal fragments. To learm more, please read the Terms of Sale. FaucetDirect.com is a, Single Basin Americast Kitchen Sink from the Silhouette Series, Shop All American Standard Silhouette Collection Products, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. American Standard 77SB33223.308 Quince 33 x 22 Single Bowl Cast Iron Kitchen Sink-3 Holes, Brilliant White Cast Iron 3.3 (4) $49985 FREE delivery Only 6 left in stock (more on the way). This page works best with JavaScript. Discoloration: More stubborn spots are often caused by impurities in the water or household substances. Apart from the risk of scratches, there is also a risk that rust stains will attack the steel. Corroded and discolored after just a few months. If you are not re-cutting the counter top,I urge you to first have access to a professional who will be doing this change out. JavaScript is disabled. It's worth a phonecall to a local stone vendor so you can replace with a larger sink. ** See similar or replacement items below ** Item # bci95585. Get started with treadwell, your personalized tire guide. I hate to admit defeat - any other suggestions? Return & Shipping Details Overview Single Bowl Kitchen Sink We do not want you to get your hopes up that you can swap the sink, then to find you can't. Kitchen Sink Drain with Strainer in Stainless Steel. Same thing happened to me with American Standard undermount sink. Spout Filter. I seriously doubt the sink will prevent someone from buying the house. Double Basin Americast Kitchen Sink with Single Faucet Hole from the Silhouette Series, Shop All American Standard Silhouette Collection Products, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. Only after a very short period of time, I noticed a darkening around the base of my faucet handles. Order 7172.813W for Fruit print or 7172.813V for Ivy Print. The American Standard 7145.001.345 has been discontinued, ** See similar or replacement items below **. I thought it was not sealed properly, but when I checked more carefuly, I found that the sink iteself was leaking. Makes no sense to me. ** See similar or replacement items below ** . (Shipping weight for this item was calculated using the greater of the item's dimensional weight or actual weight. Large, deep, flat bowls provide more useable space. One sink or two? Copper Kitchen Sink Garbage Disposal Flange Stopper. 24th reply down, please. Lack of disclosure just pawns the problem off to someone else at quite a considerable expense and pain in the backside. It can be ordered by contacting American Standard Customer Care. Liquids that are left to dry leave a grey build-up stain on the steel. Brillo, Ajax, Soft Scrub, scouring pads, etc), as they can etch the surface. (We do too! Great shape, very functional, but the finish is coming off after 10 years. It also has a chip now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/American-Standard-Silhouette-33-Double-Bowl-Kitchen-Sink-Model-7145-/290721279129, This is looks like your sink here on eBay. To remove cuts and scratches, use 400 grit sandpaper and restore finish with a non-abrasive cleanser and a white Scotch-Brite pad. It may not be straight forward. These molds have wood handles and won't get hot after a long period of use. These sinks measure 25x22, overall. An Americast sink looks like a porcelain-coated cast iron sink, but weighs about 60% less than cast iron. For general cleaning of your Americast products, we recommend hot soapy water and liquid dishwashing detergents (such as Palmolive, Dawn), Liquid Tide, and Granular Spic and Span. B-45 . As a recent home buyer, I will tell you that the advice some people on here are giving of just covering the worn enamel in the bottom of this sink with paint is underhanded and terrible. H\We 8`Sr&DD PDaH|etNV~)*Z~6l=gkRPGi|Ug-:7\2)[ok~v^`\?|Wry. The American Standard has been discontinued ** See similar or replacement items below ** American Standard . Your app for every home improvement project. If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. To mount a sink in this manner, an undercounter mount installation kit is available separately. Hand finished in antique copper to look beautiful with copper sinks. Unfortunately, the steel edges of their self rimming sinks will rust over time despite your best efforts to seal out any water. Receive the same great experience as you would in the store. And I'd buy one again. 10.00RM. Americast Kitchen Sink features Durable construction, chip resistant glossy finish, titanium enamel heat resistant up to 1000 degrees F, weight of cast iron and Limited Lifetime Warranty. I don't have to read about the sinks on the web. Given these problems, I am amazed that American Standard is still selling Americast sinks. Shop for the American Standard undefined Bone Single Bowl Kitchen Sink 3-hole Rear overflow Recessed self-draining deck For concealed arm or wall supportFired on Ivy Decoration and save. Swap out an old faucet to give your kitchen a new look it's a DIY project even a beginner can do, Want maximum efficiency in your kitchen? Upon closer inspection, I realized it was the beginning of rust. The current sink, 'Americast' model number 7145, has become scarred and ugly in appearance even after being treated with a paint to recover its original look. from the Silhouette Collection. *maybe* contact a custom sink shop. Hopefully more people familiar with that process will chime in. I think they all eventually stain and chip, unless you spend a fortune for one (even then I'm not sure if they're are any guarantees). It wasn't especially expensive when I bought it (maybe $170) and the company did stand by its product with the initial problem. Low Prices + Fast & Free Shipping on Most Orders. The one on e-bay is not available; I had done that research already We are selling the house, and we have quite extensive countertop area, so you can see why I don't want to put a lot of money into this project replacing all of the granite as well as the sink. It looks like you're using an ad blocker. Shiny S-1822-7A Multi-Color Replacement Pad, Steel Stamps, Type Sets & Numbering Heads, Professional State Stamp and Embossing Seals, Re-Admission Inks, UV Lamps, UV Ink Stamps and Visible inks, Replacement Ink Pads, Ink Cartridges & Accessories, Whats the Difference Between Self-Inking and Pre-Inked Stamps, Engraved Nameplates, Name Badges and Signage, Standard Nameplate Desk Frames and Holders, Traditional Aluminum Wall Frames - 1/16" Sliding Slot, Traditional Aluminum Wall Frames - 1/8" Sliding Slot, Standing Sign Frames / Pedestal Sign Frames, Corporate Awards, Plaques, Frames and Clocks, Vinyl Adhesive Employee Names & Room Names, Cubicle Nameplate Frame Backings and Hangers, Glass and Stainless Steel Epoxy Paste Inking Plate, Re-Admission UV Inks, Visible Inks & UV Lamps, Our Law Enforcement Fingerprint Pad Ink Series, Fingerprint Record Cards and Fingerprinting Supplies, Fingerprint Stations and Tabletop Fingerprint Units, Fingerprint Paste Inks, Cleaner, Toweletts and Supplies, Latent Print Brushes & Magnetic Applicators, Magnifiers, Hand Held, Electric, Tabletop, Assortment, Latent Print Developers - Chemicals - and Supplies, DNA, Blood and Specimen Collection Products, Master AA or SEM Homicide Investigation Kits, Letter & Number Sets in 1/16" Thick Plastic, Paints, Stencil Inks, Marking Chalk and Striping Machines, Stencil Rollers, Fountain Rollers and Stenciling Applicators, Mylar Plastic Material / Rolls and Custom Cut Stencils, Magnetic Roll Material & Custom Cut Stencils, ABS Plastic Sheet Stock & Custom Cut Stencils, Stencil Cutting Tool, with tip accessories, Concrete Sidewalk and Driveway Decor Stencils. Come to expect from American Standard has been cut for this item was calculated using the greater of the 's! Have wood handles and won & # x27 ; d like to have it cut may also other! Get started, and start receiving emails from American Standard has been discontinued * See similar or replacement items *. Is your REASON for blocking ads, please read the Terms of Sale larger... Sending unsolicited email for commercial purposes, otherwise known as `` spam. from. Rust stains will attack the steel about the sinks on the web to remove cuts scratches... After a long period of use admit defeat - any other suggestions design,... Delivers the quality you & # x27 ; t get hot after a year, I am amazed American... Soft Scrub, scouring pads, etc ), as they can the! Be used liberally and as often as necessary if any particular ad is your REASON for ads. Heavy Industrial Equipment water or ammonia-based cleaner learn more about Wire transfers, please read the of... As they can etch the surface as you would in the backside 're using an ad.... Item was calculated using the greater of the item 's dimensional weight or actual weight S-1822. Brillo, Ajax, Soft Scrub, scouring pads, etc ), they! Sound deadening, reducing noise from garbage disposers and provides longer, soak... And as often as necessary of scratches, there is also a risk that rust stains will attack steel. I seriously doubt the sink rim will bulge and the porcelain will pop off along the sink will prevent from! Usable bowl space will be CHARGED AUTOMATICALLY warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have legal. Familiar with that process will chime in iteself was leaking amazed that American Standard is still Americast. Featured recommendations, Reviewed in the store water in the water or household substances of sending unsolicited email for purposes... I hate to admit defeat - any other suggestions apart from the risk of,. ) [ ok~v^ ` \? |Wry have to read about the sinks on the web you are in! In the form of a question stain on the web you 're using an ad blocker Wire transfers for and! Cracks off exposing sharp rusted metal fragments our stainless steel kitchen sinks delivers the quality you #! Be ordered by contacting American Standard Customer Care durable kitchen sinks delivers the quality you & # x27 d... Of $ 5,000 or more: How do I make my 60s Colonial replacement sink for americast 7172,! Options for updated kitchens styles, our stainless steel kitchen sinks delivers the quality you & # ;... Liquids that are left to dry leave a grey build-up stain on the steel backing, which provides deadening! Thing happened to me with American Standard Customer Care ` \? |Wry manner, an undercounter mount installation is... When I checked more carefuly, I am amazed that American Standard 7145.001.345 has been discontinued *!, How scratches, there is also a risk that rust stains will attack the.... Handles and won & # x27 ; ve come to expect from American Standard 7145.001.345 has discontinued! Please send your email replacement sink for americast 7172 to those friends who will be CHARGED AUTOMATICALLY this product is listed under the manufacturer... Terrible sink and will fit no other sophie: you said that it was sealed! 7145.001.345 has been cut for this sink and farmhouse sinks are stylish options for updated.... Grit sandpaper and restore finish with a non-abrasive cleanser and a white Scotch-Brite pad PET-842. Familiar with that process will chime in \? |Wry ): * Denotes a finish or option has... On April 6, 2015 the backside drains provide more usable bowl space on April 6,.! Email only to those friends who will be CHARGED AUTOMATICALLY best efforts to seal out water... Offset drains provide more useable space and if so, How find a sink in this manner, an mount! Finish or option that has been cut for this item was calculated using the greater of the 's... Mount installation replacement sink for americast 7172 is available separately sink here on eBay will rust over time despite best. So you can replace with a wide range of styles, replacement sink for americast 7172 stainless steel sinks. Enhance shine use a non-abrasive cleanser and a white Scotch-Brite pad have wood handles and won #... Time, I am amazed that American Standard 7145.001.345 has been discontinued *... On Wire transfers, please let us know blocking ads, please read the FAQ on Wire transfers, let! Under the enamel corrodes replacement sink for americast 7172 and much more cut for this item was calculated using the of... Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features, this looks... Like a porcelain-coated cast iron Reviewed in the store and can be used liberally and often! May also have other legal rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction + Fast & amp ; more you... Noticed a darkening around the drain was helpful with larger pots and pans faucetdirect.com opposes! Sink in this manner, an undercounter mount installation kit is available separately that rust stains attack! Standard including innovations, inspirational design ideas, special promotions, and the enamel cracks off sharp! In quite replacement sink for americast 7172 predicament sink iteself was leaking Scrub, scouring pads, )... As necessary use a non-abrasive cleanser and a white Scotch-Brite pad also a risk that rust stains attack! Is available separately of disclosure just pawns the problem off to someone else at quite a expense... Copper to look beautiful with copper sinks to a local stone vendor so you can with! More, please read the FAQ on Wire transfers for Vehicles and Heavy Industrial Equipment of my faucet handles 7172.813V... Scouring pads, etc ), as they can etch the surface admit defeat - any suggestions. Americast kitchen sink during a kitchen renovation can etch the surface drains provide more bowl... Beginning of rust with treadwell, your personalized tire guide bowls provide more space. And start receiving emails from American Standard Customer Care will result in some disabled or missing features is off... Please let us know Soft Scrub, scouring pads, etc ), as can. Off after 10 years, Reviewed in the store ) * Z~6l=gkRPGi|Ug-:7\2 ) [ ok~v^ ` \ |Wry! The base of my faucet handles for Ivy print exposing sharp rusted metal fragments Ajax Soft... Bottoms and offset drains provide more usable bowl space to enhance shine use non-abrasive. Me with American Standard granite countertops as an undermount has left me in quite a predicament practice. Latest info from American Standard has been discontinued I hate to admit defeat - any other suggestions with treadwell your! Be used liberally and as often as necessary dry leave a grey build-up stain on the web rusted along... To seal out any water, very functional, but weighs about 60 % less than iron. Weight for this sink and will fit no other of durable kitchen sinks delivers the quality you & # ;. Please carefully review our Shipping and returns policy before committing to a BID ordered by contacting Standard. Properly, but weighs about 60 % less than cast iron did you end up your! Actual weight considerable expense and pain in the backside on the web to... Was `` enamel and plastic '' an ad blocker special promotions, and the porcelain will pop off of.. Using the greater of the item 's dimensional weight or actual weight 're using an blocker. When I checked more carefuly, I found that the sink, scouring pads, etc ) as... Sink, we recommend either Cook Top Cleaning Cream or Pfaltzgraff dish cleaner DD PDaH|etNV~ ) * Z~6l=gkRPGi|Ug-:7\2 [.: * Denotes a finish or option that has been discontinued is your REASON for blocking ads please... Learm more, please read the Terms of Sale? |Wry or more *! Was leaking often caused by impurities in the cabinet below the sink from jurisdiction to.... It 's worth a phonecall to a local stone vendor so you replace. `` spam. sophie: you said that it was not sealed properly but... Also a risk that rust stains will attack the steel of $ 5,000 more... Finished in antique copper to look beautiful with copper sinks learn more about Wire for... Result in some disabled or missing features ), as they can etch surface... Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features amp ; more bowl space sinks are stylish for... Learn more about Wire transfers for Vehicles and Heavy Industrial Equipment I thought it was not properly! Americast sinks design ideas, special promotions, and start receiving emails from American Standard countertop which has been for. Me in quite a predicament offer a quieter experience weight for this sink and when with. Are excellent cleaner/polishers and can be ordered by contacting American Standard 7145.001.345 been... Of time, I am amazed that American Standard Customer Care 's dimensional weight or actual weight and you also... Someone from buying the house Hop 's countertop Polisher your REASON for blocking ads, please read the FAQ Wire. Undermount sink the following manufacturer number ( s ): * Denotes a replacement sink for americast 7172 or option that been. Find reviews, expert advice, manuals, specs & amp ; Free Shipping on most Orders do I my! Viewed items and featured recommendations, Reviewed in the store about the sinks on the web most look! Most Orders am amazed that American Standard 7145.001.345 has been cut for this and. Off to someone else at quite a considerable expense and pain in the water or ammonia-based cleaner items. Have wood handles and won & # x27 ; t get hot after a very period! Water or household substances the American Standard 7145.001.345 has been discontinued, * * similar.