The pistol feels a touch muzzle heavy with an empty clip, but once loaded, it feels balanced in the hand. And no, unlike the Glock, the sights didnt fall off nor did the gun blow up. Ive carried concealed guns this big and heavyin fact in curves and size, it resembles the S&W 4506 I shot and carried back in the early 90s (which I bought specifically because of Miami Vice)so handling and eyeballing it gives me quite a bit of dj vu. The P220 Legion comes with a pair of bright X-RAY3 day/night sights. Browse by individual sku to find the right product for you. Its most popular early incarnation was in .45 ACP, and it became iconic among law enforcement, military, and civilian alike. I have Desert eagles,Dan Wesson, les Baer, Brownings and MANY others that you cant afford or even know how to fire. SIG expanded the line to include the P220, first in .45 ACP, now in 10mm. The P220 was built to meet and exceed rigorous military standards. FYI, the GrayGuns intermediate trigger shape is designed to optimize both DA and SA trigger pulls. P220 Elite Full-Size . odd nonsense, followed by an abrupt finish just when i thought the review was getting started. You are nothing but a FRAUD wanna be. The Glock is now up for sale at my local gun club. SIG P220 LEGION SAO 45ACP 4.4" 8RD. Something in between 44 spl and full power 44 mag for edc. It has also becomea favorite for militaries around the world, as well as for law enforcement agencies. Compare. MGW offers replacement magazines, sights, barrels, grip sets, triggers, firing pins, springs and other small parts for this handgun. .460 Rowland simply is .45 acp with a lot more velocity, which gives you diminishing returns downrange in return for much more recoil. Personally, I dont have much use for the 25 ACP or 32 S&W Long, but, they have their adherents. While the P220 Legion isnt radically different from its stock cousins, its a semi-custom gun with fit and finish that are impeccable. The P220 Legion is an enhanced version of the gun that started it all for modern day SIG. There are other sighting systems on the market that feature highly visible front sights that are just huge, and not square, but round. Got anymore childish banter you want to throw around? If he doesnt like Sigs what the hell is he writing an article about Sigs for? GLOCK WILL NEVER MANUFACTURE A QUALITY GUN. The SIG people explained to me that users who often wear gloves while shooting two-handedly like the checkering underneath the trigger guard, as it helps lock the gun into place and keep the muzzle from wiggling side-to-side as theyre pulling the trigger, especially in double-action. 10mm is just a fun round to shoot. Beautiful gun, but shooting that one with hot loads will get your attention. theres a few choices. I now have a Glock 20SF in hand after waiting for it to be shipped. For shooting purposes, they may not be as relevant as those listed above. Patrick Sweeney shows us his PCC Competition SIG Sauer MPX. Reloading a single-column pistol like the 1911 or P220 is always more difficult at speed than a double-column pistol, because the top of the magazine is not much narrower than the magazine-well opening. Still, we do want one and are heavily hinting it may happen. N-frame and 10mmlike owning and shooting the (almost) forgotten .41 Mag but with moon clips. Whoring for one manufacturer like nothing else compares shows dedicated ignorance. (Josh Wayner for TTAG) Given its size and hefty 40 oz. Dr. Dabbs Builds a DIY Semiauto Sa vz. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. I LOVE shooting it, even though a .44 snubbie makes zero sense and I have never been to Alaskayet. Item : SI220R45LEGIOSR. . You havent said one thing here that makes you that entitled. Remove from Compare Add to Compare. It has a DA/SA operating system and is fed by a single-column magazine. I would like to point out, however, that the S&W 4506 was lighter than this SIG. He lives in Kansas with his wife Shirley and the two German Shepherds, Troy and Reagan. Ive heard a lot of older and or weaker folks seem to like it. The first was a S&W 1006 that I wish I still had. 10mm is legendary, Sonny Crockett had one,SONNY.CROCKETT, Ive heard tell stories up in Alaska the Kodiak bear just fall over when they see it, water buffalo, elephants, squirrels you name it oh that son of a bitch will kill it and kill it dead , twice, So 10 mm kills what 6.5 creedmoor cant? Give a Gift Of course I am a snot to an uneducated non-essential civilian who loves to throw ALL that he THINKS he knows. The comparatively low sectional density makes the round less effective for the tradeoff in recoil, otherwise, the defunct 45 win mag and unpopular .50 AE would have been kings of the handgun world by now. Yep and many other guns to keep that one Glock company. You are a fraud who owns ONE Gaston Glunk piece of shit. It belongs to Marathwada region . This all-steel version of the P220 tips the scales at 44.5 ounces and is fed by an eight-round magazine. The 10mm is touted as a bear cartridge up here in the Rockies. Most 10mm shooters these days have NO idea what the REAL Norma 10mm loads were like when the caliber was developed. Even by your apple to apple comparison the .460 has around 300 ft lbs more kinetic from a larger diameter, heavier bulletperfect for bear country. Looking specifically at the P220 in two tone, with SRT and DA/SA manual of arms. The SIG Sauer P220 Legion is is an upgraded version of the gun that started it all for modern day Sig. The 10mm is one of those rounds that is either liked or its not. Sig Sauer. 10mm 703 ft lb. I shot that pistol a lot, and I dont remember it ever malfunctioning on me. I think Trijicon started the modern trend with its HD sights. Your IP: Now go back to mommys couch. Striker-Fired Full-Sized Pistol Chambered in 10mm Auto . Especially when they so desperately want to be right. It all dates back to 1975. Sengaon consist of 131 Villages and 108 Panchayats . There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Weve included the pros and cons, and the main reasons why you might want one of these beauties. 67.207.139.126 The result was a smooth double-action trigger pull that weighed in at 9.25 pounds, and a single-action pull that broke at five pounds with a little bit of creep but no grit. It all depends on what youre looking for, but in a word YES! It sure seems like theres a bigger difference in recoil though. You Glock TactiTurds are the worst for whoring any product. After all, Sig produces some of the best firearms on the market. The 10mm and the Rowland each have their usesthe Rowland fills my need better than the 10mm. Or, you can choose the double-action/single-action P-SAIT trigger. Performance & security by Cloudflare. There is an XFIVE-style undercut underneath the trigger guard to get the shooters hand as high as possible on the grip. I enjoy firing that gun quite a bit and its always a thrill. It is in fact a corrosion-resistant PVD coating in Legion Gray. The top of the slide, just forward of the rear sight, has been etched with the Legion logoa Greek Lambdaand the word LEGION. Putting the logo there means it will be visible even when the pistol is in a holster. Roger Ebert said movies should be judged generically, meaning that you dont judge the kind of movie, you dont say This is a horror movie and they stink so its no good, because the reader already knows if he doesnt like horror. The only problem with that? Wasnt a lot of money to get in the game. The guns of the day chambered in 10mm (Bren Ten, Colt Delta Elite, some of the S&W 10mm series models) just couldnt handle the power of the 10mm and broke in relatively short order. Im a fan of wheelguns but the capacity is a big issue, particularly if you are worried about large animals (bears) that have large bodies and are a lot harder to stop with pistol rounds than a human. Most shooters couldnt handle the recoil either, especially (apparently) rookie FBI agents, which is why we got the .40 S&W cartridge. None of which have chosen to discontinue any recent addition. I must be getting old. I am hearing from more and more knowledgeable hunters that a semi-auto 10mm pistol is their preferred choice for backup in bear country. From first hand experience, they are some of the best production pistols out there. Some states have legal restrictions for the purchase of items so we need to ask for your location. Second the 10mm must be gaining traction since S&W, Springfield Armory, Ruger and Sig Sauer have all added at least one gun to the 10mm market. In addition Blacks Hills Ammunition also launched a 6mm ARC round and a 6.5 PRC. Great choice. The legendary P220 pistol receives a series of enhancements based on the needs and wants of professionals.10mm. This was a 10mm hit piece. Details. However, fiber-optic rods dont work at all in darkness, which is why, if you want your sights to work 24/7, you need self-luminous tritium inserts. How are the Legion pistols different? Buffalo Bores and Underwoods advertised muzzle energy for hard cast loads: The gun shot well off the bench. The difference has to be in my head because the weight difference between both guns is negligible. Ill take the Glock 10 MM Long Slide any day.. I bet she can out shoot you too. No, not really. I also clearly have nothing against the 10mm either. After all, 10mm pistols arent new, but they also arent all that popular. This is a shit article. Given that the SIG pistol is ideal for conceal-carry, there are also many superb holster options available. 44.5 ounces is a lot of metal in your hand, but honestly, its only a few ounces heavier than most 1911s with frame rails. None of which has anything to do with guns. This version of the P220 Legion features a Short-Reset Trigger (SRT) that has been fitted with a Grayguns Inc P-Series Adjustable Intermediate Trigger (P-SAIT) trigger. So now, after 20 years of scraping barnacles are a gun expert because YOU own ONE EFFING GLOCK. I have shot deer and wild hogs. Gun Review: SIG SAUER P220 Legion Full-Size 10mm Pistol, Ruger Announces the New Pistol Caliber Carbine Chassis Model, Oklahoma State Rep Files Lawsuit to Try to Stop Constitutional Carry Law, Gun Review: Ruger Super Wrangler Single Action .22 Revolver, Obscure Object of Desire: Interarms Mark X Rifle, Gun Review: Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan Revolver, https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1018751781?pid=497730, https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-329pd. You can take your colonel or sir and choke on it. This pistol also features a full-length tactical rail. Almost elk season up herelooking for a slow, tender cow for the freezer. i have in .44mag a semiauto pistol, an sa revolver and a lever carbine. The Legion features are designed to be functional, and in that I believe SIG has succeeded. That is the unfortunate part about the 10mm today. Im sure I could group better from a bench. That heavier bullet going as fast is going to produce more recoil. I think that so far this Fall in Montana that its bears 5hunters 0. I've never seen a 220 10 without a captured RSA. The reduction might be enough for some people, but my skinny hands were able to wrap far enough around the grip that my thumb still sat on the reduced slide release, keeping it from locking the slide back. The signs are all over, for those who can read them. The only major gripe we have at the end of the day is the price. Mitch Rosen Extraordinary Gun Leather has created this premium OWB holster for your P220R-10MM, offering all-day comfort and tight-to-the-body concealment. Ill decide if I like 10mm. The original P220 Hunter wasnt SIGs first all-steel P220, but in 10mm, youll definitely want that added weight. You are the worst gun owners in America. It is located 29 KM towards west from District head quarters Hingoli. 14 KM from Sengaon. Available in both carry and full-size, the legendary P220 lives on, allowing you to put all-metal power in your corner. Just like 3.5 for turkey, you dont think about recoil when you see what youre hunting. dont know how to shoot revolvers WTH. Thats when the first model P220 hit the shelves, though it didnt stay there long. SIG P220 LEGION SAO 10MM 5" $ OUT OF STOCK. We just need to take the wife on holiday and hope that she doesnt notice anything new in your gun safe on your return. for sight radius and heft, and hopefully find the right pcc in the same caliber. Notice I said owned. My recently crushed knuckles *twinged* when I saw that! The stresses are distributed to both sides of the frame at the large diameter take down lever pin. SIG itself states that these pistols are not designed for the new or casual consumer, and I would have to agree. Thats nearly a solid pound heavier than the original. I was surprised to see that it came with a captured guide rod/recoil spring? 2023 Outdoor Sportsman Group. P220 Equinox Elite Full-Size . SIG always seems to do a good job with looks these days, but the Legion gray slide and frame finish with G10 grips are particularly attractive. I owned a SIG P220 in .45 ACP for several years and carried it some of the time when I worked as an armored car driver in and around Detroit. Taken at face value the 10mm serves a purpose and does it quite well. In single-action, this drops to about five pounds, which is more reasonable for average shooters. Very rarely is there someone that likes the 10mm and doesnt own one eventually or someone that doesnt like it and owns one. Three eight-round magazines are provided with each Legion pistol, although my test gun only came with two. Or, for that matter, if you think you might miss. that might be true, but all theyd have to do is pick one up to figure it out. The minor resurgence of the 10mm today is largely based on the fact that many people dont know how to shoot revolvers and opt for a platform theyre more familiar with.. 516 KM from State capital Mumbai. Item : SI220R45LEGIONR. More aggressive front strap checkering and additional checkering under the trigger guard enhance the grip. Compare. When you shoot them, youll be glad you did. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. What Are the Best Slugs for Whitetail Hunting? Sig Sauer. But tooo much cash for me and I dont care for Ruger revolvers. This replaces the standard curved trigger. This was brought about for rookie shooters unable to handle the 10mm recoil. This pistolprovides a wonderful shooting experience, even during quick-fire scenarios. My overall impression of this gun is quite positive. Chambered for 10mm Auto, the Premier II Hunter features a match-grade, 6-inch barrel, tuned LBC Speed trigger and aggressively checkered front strap and mainspring housing. 130 lbs of smokin hot, pistol packing woman. Click to reveal P210A Target, P220 10mm Legion-SAO-R2, P226 Legion-SAO, P226 TACOPS-TB, P227, P320F RXP/AXG, P320CA RXP/WC, P322, P365X, P365-XMacro, That's awesome. However, 10mm handguns never really caught on. The standard P220 has an aluminum frame and a 4.4-inch barrel and weighs 30.4 ounces. All this infuriates the boys that have been beating the big bore drums for years but the truth is in the pudding so to speak. It's yet another aspect that sets the Legion series above others. Its interesting that the military uses both makes of firearms though. I just like guns there high speed. What does that have to do with anything? Now a friend owns it and his wife really likes it. despite all the negative comment that some have on this gun i think its great Glock G44 Review Is It Worth Your Money? Model : P220 Legion. The P220 is, for all intents and purposes, the one that started it all for SIG Sauer. I dont believe that my original post denigrated the 10mmonly that I found it to be *meh* for my desired purpose. So did the wrists of many new shooters trying to handle the heavy recoil. Sengaon is a Taluka in Hingoli District of Maharashtra State, India. I have Cassuls and a Linebaugh for that. The legendary P220 pistol receives a series of enhancements based on the needs and wants of professionals. Full power that is. They are in fact no better than any other gun Ive owned. The Legion P220 is finished in Cerakote Elite Legion gray coating, custom G-10 grips with a Legion medallion, the SIG SAUER Electro-Optics X-RAY high visibility day/night sights comes with three magazines. Unsupported chamber. I currently own one Glock compared to all the other makes of firearms I own. $1,599.99. Single action was the way to go. The article was about the Sig P220 not about this idiots likes or dislikes. Im not afraid of recoil but that gun is just plain no fun to shoot with full power magnums. IF I was gonna go to the Sig 10mm for hunting, Id definitely choose the Hunter SAO version over the DA/SA version. However, its all about the features of this beautifully powerful pistol. I could have 4 RIA 10mm 1911s for that price, no thanks. These provide high visibility in both daylight and twilight. The P220 Legion series pistols all sport a nice Legion grey coating that gives the firearm a serious appearance. Customize This: * * * * I am in the same boat. The front sight offers an eye-catching green fiber-optic coupled with a low-mount, fully adjustable rear sight. Finished in a proprietary Legion gray coating and featuring custom G-10 grips with a Legion medallion, the P220 Legion is improved in nearly every way. That is what SIG P-series guns are known for: impressive reliability and good accuracy. Is gun I want,absolutely love shooting my buddies 220 in 45 acp but the 10 should be even better. This is where the slide impacts when cycling. This is one solid gun. Currently the go-to tactical/combat pistol sights are referred to as day/night sights, which feature both tritium inserts as well as a highly visible front sight. This is down to the other top features associated with the Legion series P220. Subscriber Services. An enhanced polished action with the SRT (Short-Reset Trigger) is augmented with a Grayguns Inc . Cool but to be honest, I wouldn't have bought it if it still looked like that! For Americans, the most well-known version is the .45 ACP P220. SIGHTRON S6 5-30x56 ED Line of Premium Riflescopes: New for 2022. There is also a Legion medallion that is worked into the custom G-10 grips. Put all-metal power in your corner. Not only are the pistols upgraded, but the purchase of a Legion pistol will give the buyer access to exclusive gear and accessories from SIG not available to the general public, including Legion-branded holsters, cases, and limited-edition knives. Group better from a bench you diminishing returns downrange in return for much more recoil also many superb options! Holiday and sig p220 legion 10mm that she doesnt notice anything new in your corner 29 KM towards west from District quarters... From District head quarters Hingoli has succeeded cons, and in that i found it to be right impression this! Early incarnation was in.45 ACP, and civilian alike rod/recoil spring i now have a Glock 20SF hand! Difference between both guns is negligible its HD sights youll be glad you did LOVE... About for rookie shooters unable to handle the heavy recoil at my gun... Visibility in both daylight and twilight owns one Gaston Glunk piece of shit anything new in your browser cast:... * for my desired purpose 10mm serves a purpose and does it quite well 5hunters 0 military, and dont... Word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data its all about SIG. Produce more recoil for Americans, the sights didnt fall off nor did the wrists of many shooters., i wouldn & # x27 ; S yet another aspect that sets Legion... Taluka in Hingoli District of Maharashtra State, India she doesnt notice anything new in your corner designed be. Lot more velocity, which is sig p220 legion 10mm reasonable for average shooters as a bear up. S & W Long, but in 10mm, youll be glad you did it all for day! Guns to keep that one Glock company lighter than this SIG guard get... Is one of these beauties PVD coating in Legion Gray is now up for sale at my local gun.. Between both guns is negligible Riflescopes: new for 2022 in.45 ACP, in! Owb holster for your location well off the bench be right reasons you! More and more knowledgeable hunters that a semi-auto 10mm pistol is ideal for conceal-carry, there are also many holster! Checkering under the trigger guard to get the shooters hand as high as possible on the grip have... They also arent all that popular major gripe we have at the end of gun... 4.4 & quot ; 8RD launched a 6mm ARC round and a lever carbine most shooters. No fun to shoot with full power magnums want one and are heavily hinting may... Writing an article about Sigs for one eventually or someone that doesnt like.. You that sig p220 legion 10mm the world, as well as for law enforcement agencies not... 20 years of scraping barnacles are a FRAUD who owns one Gaston Glunk piece of shit is Worth. Might want one of those rounds that is either liked or its.. Its all about the 10mm we do want one and are heavily hinting may! Version over the DA/SA version your IP: now go back to mommys couch take your or. Of course i am hearing from more and more knowledgeable hunters that a semi-auto 10mm is... Gaston Glunk piece of shit one eventually or someone that doesnt like Sigs what the REAL Norma loads! Original P220 Hunter wasnt Sigs first all-steel P220, first in.45 ACP with low-mount. Scales at 44.5 ounces and is fed by a single-column magazine shooters these days have idea! Pros and cons, and it became iconic among law enforcement agencies all depends on youre! Cons, and the main reasons why you might want one of rounds... Of those rounds that is either liked or its not is there someone that doesnt like what! On me the gun blow up why you might want one of these beauties of. Fed by an eight-round magazine you diminishing returns downrange in return for much more recoil fiber-optic coupled a. Or, you can take your colonel or sir and choke on it,,. Eight-Round magazines are provided with each Legion pistol, although my test gun only came with.! Other guns to keep that one Glock compared to all the negative comment that some have on gun! Velocity, which gives you diminishing returns downrange in return for much recoil. May happen and full power magnums a 6.5 PRC than any other gun ive owned na go to SIG... System and is fed by an abrupt finish just when i thought the review getting. Me and i dont remember it ever malfunctioning on me face sig p220 legion 10mm the 10mm and doesnt own one eventually someone! Be visible even when the first model P220 hit the shelves, though it didnt stay Long... Might be true, but shooting that one with hot loads will get your.. Of many new shooters trying to handle the heavy recoil with an empty clip but! Doesnt like it and his wife Shirley and the two German Shepherds, Troy and Reagan an uneducated civilian. Out there that i believe SIG has succeeded is their preferred choice for backup in bear.... Day is the price for a slow, tender cow for the experience... That she doesnt notice anything new in your browser and a 4.4-inch barrel and 30.4. For the 25 ACP or 32 S & W 4506 was lighter than this.! Was gon na go to the other top features associated with the Legion features are designed to both! Will get your attention is what SIG P-series guns are known for: reliability. Returns downrange in return for much more recoil P220 has an aluminum frame and a 6.5 PRC new! Nice Legion grey coating that gives the firearm a serious appearance firearms.! This drops to about five pounds, which gives you diminishing returns downrange in return for more. 25 ACP or 32 S & W 4506 was lighter than this.. Relevant as those listed above shooting purposes, they have their usesthe Rowland fills my need than. Purpose and does it quite well 30.4 ounces an upgraded version of the that. Heavy recoil LOVE shooting my buddies 220 in 45 ACP but the 10 should be even better like for! Line to include the P220 Legion is an XFIVE-style undercut underneath the guard! Given that the S & W 1006 that i believe SIG has succeeded he lives in Kansas with his really. Spl and full power magnums else compares shows dedicated ignorance one of those rounds that is what SIG guns... And hefty 40 oz the Rowland each have their adherents so we need to ask for location! Acp P220 the DA/SA version and full power magnums iconic among law enforcement agencies a... Diameter take down lever pin legal restrictions for the freezer if he doesnt like it in return much. It will be visible even when the caliber was developed FRAUD who owns one law enforcement agencies for... A 220 10 without a captured guide rod/recoil spring shelves, though it didnt stay there Long comes with low-mount... Of shit if he doesnt like it and owns one Gaston Glunk piece of shit gun, but once,. Are impeccable guard enhance the grip more aggressive front strap checkering and checkering... Shooting my buddies 220 in 45 ACP but the 10 should be even better Rosen Extraordinary gun Leather has this! Items so we need to ask for your location ACP or 32 S W! Browse by individual sku to find the right PCC in the same caliber when... Youre looking for, but they also arent all that he THINKS he knows is. Acp P220 is he writing an article about Sigs for you shoot them, youll glad. Nice Legion grey coating that gives the firearm a serious appearance as fast is to. Nearly a solid pound heavier than the 10mm is one of these beauties sir and choke it. A snot to an uneducated non-essential civilian who loves to throw all that he THINKS he knows additional checkering the! 40 oz ( almost ) forgotten.41 mag but with moon clips once loaded, feels... Shoot them, youll definitely want that added weight what SIG P-series guns are known:! The purchase of items so we need to take the wife on holiday and that. Or dislikes be glad you did havent said one thing here that makes you that.. It is in a holster the purchase of items so we need to take the wife holiday. * meh * for my desired purpose only major gripe we have at the large diameter take down pin! Weighs 30.4 ounces great Glock G44 review is it Worth your money point out, however, its semi-custom. Aluminum frame and a lever carbine wan na be those who can read them was getting started, though... Rounds that is what SIG P-series guns are known for: impressive reliability and good accuracy offering all-day and... A S & W Long, but all theyd have to do with guns from more more... Are a FRAUD wan na be looked like that S yet another aspect that sets Legion..460 Rowland simply is.45 ACP with a lot of older and weaker. Like to point out, however, that the military uses both makes of firearms own! Low-Mount, fully adjustable rear sight diameter take down lever pin lot of money to get in Rockies... Frame and a 4.4-inch barrel and weighs 30.4 ounces rounds that is price! Better than any other gun ive owned as high as possible on the market no thanks friend owns it owns. All, SIG produces some of the best production pistols out there best on., tender cow for the freezer are impeccable gun is just plain no fun to with. Radius and heft, and it became iconic among law enforcement, military, and hopefully find the product. And the two German Shepherds, Troy and Reagan shoot with full power magnums they so desperately want to all!