klx 250 cruising speed

The KLX felt best at about 55 or 60 mph. With the 6 speed transmission, you can be assured that this bike will provide you with excellent acceleration. 11. The difficulty is that most DRZs do not have a tachometer. The dirt half of the 2018 Kawasaki KLX250 dual-sport equation is impressive. 2023 Kawasaki Ninja 1000SX: Performance, Price, And Photos, Why We'd Pick A Metric Cruiser Over A Harley Any Day, 10 Reasons Why The Harley-Davidson Road King Is The Perfect Touring Bike, Engine: Four-stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, four-valve single, Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel. The base model KLX230 weighs a claimed 293 (curb) pounds and has an appealing $4599 price tag ($4899 with ABS), a whopping $600 less than both the XT and the non-ABS CRF250L, and another $800 less than its KLX250 brother. The KLX and WR both read 72 mph at a GPS-measured 65 and got worse as speeds rose. Topped off with cruise control and a Harman/Kardon Advanced Audio System. I would be shocked if mine could not do at least high 80mph, SHOCKED. Power is smooth and steady from the bottom up. bestbeginnermotorcycles "It's not what you'd call comfortable for extended highway stints. With EFI, the 2018 Kawasaki KLX250 is ready to roll after pushing the start button. By simply taking a look at the 2010 Kawasaki KLX250S you immediately know this is not your ordinary motorcycle. This is a fuel-injected single-cylinder 4-valve liquid-cooled engine. Each bike makes good use of sixth gear for high-speed cruising, keeping the buzz to comfortable levels. This week is a bit of a Teejay-fest, because in our second segment she chats with Nathan Fitzgerald and Brandon Cretu, the co-founders of KYT Helmets America. Looking to trade in my CRF230, great bike but I want to ride to the trails, not haul my bikes. For the most part, the motor is the limiting factor. We did have to turn up the idle a bit initially, as it was ticking over at less than 1000 rpm. Unless you sit on the bike with the engine running while the gas is pumped and then take off a fuel stop usually takes longer than 5 minutes. Jump to content. 2016 Kawasaki KLX250S. Seat Height: 35.0 in. Turbocharging or supercharging, balance and blueprinting, porting and polishing, and exhaust tuning are all options for increasing power. Theres 8.7 inches of travel up front, 9.4 at the rear. While the ratio between the first and sixth gear is 3.3, that is an exceptionally huge range for any motorcyclethe manual six-speed box gives a reasonably low first gear for trail riding and an overdrive top gear for interstate cruising. Welcome to Off-Road Care. Granted, I was running 110 at . I got my KLX250S in Februarythe fastest I've had it going was about 110km/hr or roughly 65 mphit really seems to prefer a slightly lower speed avg 80km/hr or 50mph..that's where I feel most comfortable running itit doesn't want to hold its speed on any sort of incline either..I might get 80km tops. Over lunch we recapped the ride, praising the Hondas determination, the Kawasakis grit and the Yamahas undeniable power advantage. At 75mph I can roll on the throttle and its a noticable change in speed. 2. The gearboxes are all easy to shift, with no spare neutrals lurking in the cogs. @bcretu This agile bike features a quick-revving 233cc engine, lightweight chassis, and long-travel suspension. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159970&highlight=Unite, (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Dont forget to include how we can send you your reward if still available. Bottom line, the 2010 Kawasaki KLX250S is ready to do whatever it takes in order to provide the best riding feel youve ever experienced on the trails with the ability of keeping things interesting on the streets as well.By offering a well balanced motorcycle which looks good, traverses any kind of terrain in the weekend, and still manages to take you to and from work on Monday, Kawasaki proves it has the power to adapt motorcycles in any possible way. So by changing the gearing of a motorbike, you may make it go faster or much faster. WHAT WILL IT STEADY CRUISE AT? Base Price: $5,099 While Dunlop D606 tires are a more dirt-oriented tire, the D605 can be spun up, which allows the KLX250 motor to easily get to the more powerful part of the rev range. The old carbureted KLX250S was a cold-blooded motor that worked fine once it got up to operating temperature. Kawasaki KLX 250 has a top speed of 85 mph. In fact if you drop it in your truck I would be more worried about the truck bed than the motorcycle! 58 Rider Magazine Insider Podcast, Join Rider Magazine on the IMTBike Essence of Northern Spain Tour. Bore x Stroke: 76.0 x 55.0mm The '09 has a lower 6th gear ratio (I think). Transmission: 6-speed, I stop at least every hour and a half. it is a great size. It's a perfectly agreeable way to reel in the paved sections of any dual-sport loop, or stand in for some fuel-swilling four-wheeler around town." Rake/Trail: 26.5 degrees/ 4.1 in. Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gals. The amount of teeth you have makes a huge difference. The last time Rider corralled a herd of 250 dual-sports (April 2008), we chose the thriftiest models available in the face of rising gas prices. We put a Rekluse auto-clutch on our Kawasaki, and many testers found that it made the bike a lot easier to ride in the tighter stuff. The 250 is hardly a speed demon's dream, making just under 22 hp. 181,900 Baht. Furthermore, the swept area of the fork tubes has fork guard protection, which prevents the seals from being eaten up by road filth and grit. MSRP: $7,499 Claimed Weight (tank full): 277.7 Actual Weight. With a 35" seat height and a curb weight of 305 pounds the KLX has a moderate seat height but is a bit heavier than a standard dirt bike, this isn't necessarily a bad thing as the heavier weight will make you more stable when cruising at speed around other vehicles on the highway. Highway cruising is fairly painless, with the counterbalanced 249cc Single dishing out performance adequate to achieve 80+ mph, although it's happier at 70. The KLX250S engine features an electrofusion cylinder. The 6-speed transmission is very precise and allows ultra-quick shifts, which is a must for any off-road bike. The drivetrain includes a manual 6-speed transmission with 4.2 inches of rake/trail. Furthermore, you can adjust the compression damping on the sophisticated inverted-slider front fork, and both compression and rebound damping can be adjusted on the rear shock. As a result of which, you will be able to customize it to your liking and ride it the way you want to. Final Drive: Chain (#520, 14T/41T) 2007 Modal. XR650. some slight backfire if backing right off at higher speeds and going back down . The wheelbase has a height of 56.3 inches and a height of 35.0 inches. Additionally, the seat is narrow and the bike light, so it is fully manageable around town. Also, the 16-way compression and damping adjustable unit now offers 10.0 inches of travel instead of 10.2 on the 2009 model year. (high/avg/low) 64.0/55.8/52.5, 2013 Kawasaki KLX250S Honda offers the standard variant of this bobber in three color options, while the S variant is available in only one color. The KLX S and SF version are both powered by 249cc 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled motor with a 6-speed transmission. Standard engine specs: 1-Cylinders, 4-Stroke, 249cc. We. KLX250 motorcycles are among the most capable mid-size motorcycles in the dual-purpose category, featuring a light curb weight and ample ground clearance. But, if you ask our opinion, we will recommend this bike. Power is delivered from a 249cc, 4 stroke DOHC engine. It was like around 6700 OTD. Ultra-nimble 250 offers outstanding balance for trail riding. Replacing the clutch, like changing the muffler or the gasoline, is a simple procedure. Location: Nebraska. Can I go faster than 140km/h? This time we went for best-in-class. About the only time the soft settings get overloaded is on g-outs. Modified for more tractable power with a smaller throttle body, new intake manifold and an ECU tailored to dual-sport needs, it retains the CBRs 10.7:1 compression ratio. The top speed was 140km/h. Aggressively styled in the same manner as Kawasakis KX motocross machines, the KLX250S features a lightweight electric-start engine with a wide powerband and a lightweight, high-tensile steel perimeter frame. 70??? It handles great in the street, but if you really want to have some fun you can pick up the KLX250SF version which comes with street tires and slight modifications to make it handle much better on the street. The Kawasaki KLX250S is a dual sport that does everything well, and if you decide to add a couple modifications it does everything exceptionally well! It reliably and comfortably transports you anywhere in dirt and road. Learn how your comment data is processed. What makes the Kawasaki KLX 250 impressive is the 249cc, one-cylinder, DOHC, four-stroke engine. Displacement: 250cc Seat Height: 36.6 in. Though its the heaviest of the group by 20-plus pounds, the weight isnt a factor while riding. My KLR 650 . The KLX230 weighs 133 kilograms at the curb, about five kilograms lighter than the 250 (and that weight feels like it's carried fairly low, too). While berms are always a good idea when changing direction, the KLX250 is ready and willing to change direction on flat loose corners. For this special kawasaki, it also has many. @nrf_rr, Ultimate Motorcycling/YCRS Discount+ Reward Program. We tried hard not to sound too fan-boy on this one, but truth is, no matter who you are you or how long youve been riding, you could benefit from some training, and frankly, the best one out there and the one were prepared to endorse, is the YCRS. Kawasaki KLX250S Specs PRICE: $4,699.00 MSRP ENGINE: 4-stroke, Liquid-cooled, DOHC, 4-valve, Single-cylinder DISPLACEMENT: 249 cc BORE X STROKE: 72.0 x 61.2 mm COMPRESSION RATIO: 11.0:1 IGNITION: Digital CDI TRANSMISSION: 6-speed WHEELBASE: 56.5 in. Riders will notice the 26.5 degree caster angle and shorter wheelbase which contributes to quick handling response and outstanding nimbleness, while a rigid square-section frame helps straight-line stability. popping/burbling on decel. The front ends of the Honda and Yamaha felt vague in comparison. My range . Please check the notes at the foot of this page and see how we could add an extra cashback reward if youre booking a class, and this is in addition to the 10% discount you will get if you use our sign up code. 5. If you want more of the street look, you can check out the KLX250SF or do your own mods to turn this great bike into a supermoto. For the UM 10% discount on all YCRS programs use code UltimateMC10 I rode around Las Vegas and surrounding area with a 2010 KLX 250s. This is an archive of the relevant information regarding the rectifier grounding mod that was discussed over at the Kawasaki forums pertaining to a fix for the stumble or miss that affected some KLX 250's at around 6500 RPM cruising speed. Lets just see how. Going with a D606 front tire is a good move if you do a lot of dirt riding, as it will make the KLX250 turn even better. . With the peak speed, you can easily break the wind without exerting any effort. I am quite content with its top speed but would like some more power in the throttle. . This bike is perfect for a new rider that is afraid of dropping their bike, or someone that wants to start small but still have a motorcycle that they can tinker with and increase the power as their skill improves. I'm not sure how Kawasaki managed that, given the modern high-compression design, but they did. You can dial in more compression damping in at both ends, but youll lose that submissive feel and the excellent traction that comes with it. 2013 Kawasaki KLX250S 0-60 mph 8.4 Quarter mile 16.6 Compare. However, while the KX 250 can reach this range, it typically travels slower, averaging closer to 74 miles per hour. Fuel economy wise, since I did a wide range of riding, I was able to get a good gauge of things. At lower speeds, it does a good job on hard pack, as well as softer dirt and rocky terrain. The engine is mounted towards the bottom of the perimeter frame, helping to deliver a low center of gravity and enhanced maneuvering on tight trails. EUR 39,93. 5-speed transmission ensures there is a gear for every situation, enabling quick pick-up when accelerating from a stop, and relaxed cruising ability when riding . 9. For instance, I found a 2019 KLX250 camo with less than 500 miles, with T Rex skid plates, new sprockets etc. Wet weight: 134.00 kg. The 2018 Kawasaki KLX250 is a true dual sport bike. Yamaha makes an XT250 to compete in the CRF250 and KLX250 class so compare them. Riders seeking enduro handling and modern engine performance in a dual-purpose motorcycle designed for effortless street riding will find it at their local Kawasaki dealership. Not fast enough to stay in the fast lane but enough in reserve for passing. As you could read, the bike comes with great references, but apart from that, the small KLXs competitors would have to deal with its price as well. The curb weight now equals 297.7 pounds, but at least the gas tank capacity is of 2.0 gallons. A bolt-on steel front cradle and rear subframe complete the structure. So pleasecheck out the details below, and go have some serious fun while youre also improving your skills. It actually is, but where you would expect to see a number plate, surprise: theres a street fighter inspired headlight. All stock, no mods, and no big hills or mountains. The KLX250 Standard is powered by a 249 cc engine, and has a 6-Speed gearbox. wet multi-plate clutch Engine Type: Liquid-cooled single, DOHC w/ 4 valves & EFI This does not increase power output; rather, it alters how power is utilized while riding. The rigors of off-road motorcycling dictate additional protection for the exposed underside of most machines. Theyre comparing best in class 250s what do you people not get about that. Stop complaining the wr250 is too much. The old carbureted KLX250S was a cold-blooded motor that worked fine once it got up to operating temperature. Up front, it sports a 43mm cartridge-style USD fork with 16-way adjustable compression damping. I have had mine up into the 78mph+ range. Transmission: 6-speed w/wet multi-plate clutch Even with the OD 6th gear when you are running 60 mph you are turning 6000 rpm on the KLX, with the stock steel bars its a little buzzy. GROUND CLEARANCE: 11.6 in. With 50 years of riding experience, Don Williams is a fan of all kinds of motorcycles. This engine is perfect for a beginner straight from the factory, this is mainly because the E.P.A. I also like to know if the 351 kit make the bike too viby. 2023 Kawasaki KX450 0-60 To Be Released. Runs lean from the factor which is great for a beginner. The bike has a height of 47.4 inches with a wet weight of around 304lbs. The 46mm fork and linked rear shock, bolted to a stout aluminum frame and swingarm, both supply 10.6 inches of travel. 1. PERFORMANCE: DRIVETRAIN: CHASSIS: ELECTRICAL: DIMENSIONS: DETAIL FEATURES: What is the price of the 2022 Kawasaki KLX250? FUEL CAPACITY: 1.9 gal. However, we will still ask you to study and do your own research before getting this bike. The first 3 students only who book the 2-day Champ School course will receive a $200 cashback reward. Venditore professionale. 450 miles is a good day. You can expect this bike to provide you with the maximum torque of 21Nm or 7000 rpm and a maximum horsepower of 24ps or 9000 rpm. 10. This week on Motos & Friends we have something slightly different. No need to worry about dropping it. For street riding, the 2018 Kawasaki KLX250 is happiest as an all-around commuter bike. If you're interested in the 2009 Kawasaki KLX250S, you might also be interested in Rider magazine's 250-class Dual-Sport Shootout (Honda's 2008 CRF230L vs. Yamaha's 2009 XT250 vs. 2009 . Seller is asking $ 4900.00 vs a 5,550 for a KLX300 with a warranty and brand new. Displacement: 249cc I run a 45 rear sprocket and top out at about 125 - 130Km/h but will maintain 100 - 110 fine. The Yamaha and Kawasaki brakes have the best initial bite, while the Hondas binders are more progressive and require a full squeeze for full performance. Typical Listing Price. The cush feel seriously reduces fatigue and makes for an enjoyable ride, even when riding fairly hard. As you might imagine, both Nathan and Brandon are hard-core racing fans and were happy to chat with Teejay about the ups and downs of American and global racing, and where they see it going. Thats a reasonable top speed on urban freeways, but youll feel swallowed up on busy high-speed interstates. Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak with Adjustable Preload, 16-Way Compression and Rebound Damping Adjustment / 11.0 in. Wrong class comparison and all sites need this posted because they are all comparing Civic and a Focus to an Acura. Dual purpose motorcycles have never been quite the same ever since the Kawasaki KLX250S was presented. The KLX250S offers serious capabilities, regardless of where the rider wants to take it. It is available in 1 colors in the Malaysia. Please compare correctly. DR650 The front disc brake is a 250mm 2 piston caliper, and the rare is a single 230 mm 1 piston caliper disc brake. The KLX250S meets California air pollution regulations, making it an ideal urban commuter in all 50 states. . In contrast, a 240 mm disc slows the 18-inch rear wheel with a single-pot anchor. The Kawasaki KLX250 Standard has a seating height of 890 mm and kerb weight of 138 kg. The bike will cruise comfortably at 100KPH (62MPH) all day long. Me and my butt can attest to that after a couple of long road trips. BMW_E70 2 yr. ago True. The same applies to the Kawasaki KLX 250. Right now Im looking at the Honda CRF250L and the Yamaha XT250, the Yam WR is too damn pricey. KLR/KLX 125/140/230/250/300; Activity. On the trails the shock and fork absorb the rough stuff admirably so advanced riders will be able to easily push the KLX to its limit." KLX 250 Rectifier ground mod - possible fix for ~6500 RPM stumble. It was designed to offer the best of both worlds: the first, second and third gears are very close to each other for explosive takeoffs, while the sixth gear ratio is just long enough to allow a . Bore x Stroke: 72.0 x 61.2mm The KLX is too small for me to do any sustained highway (above 45-50) riding for me. Our team spends as much time off-roading as we can and we are excited to share all we learn with you.

Marias Pass Camera, The Candy Man Killer, When Can I Change My Monroe Piercing, Articles K