rig 500 pro ex vs hx

There is a control panel on the device body, so you can easily access the volume control or remote without having to interact with a cable or another device it's connected to. All Rights Reserved. PCMag, PCMag.com and PC Magazine are among the federally registered trademarks of Ziff Davis and may not be used by third parties without explicit permission. I'm running these on my PC, sounds amazing with Dolby Atmos. RIG 500 PRO HX box includes: Ideal for plane rides and morning commutes. The slight microphone fuzziness is unfortunate, and the sculpted headphones sound is a bit too bright, with little low-end thunder to balance it out. The minorly recessed mids are apparent only in bass-boosting songs, like Selena Gomez's "Back to You," where her voice, as it's trailing off at the end of a verse, occasionally sinks into the buzzes of the synth. Note: This may vary by region. The Nacon RIG 500 Pro HX gaming headset is comfortable to wear and easy to use, but its headphones and microphone could both sound a bit better for the price. It's the 'loudness' of the sound that the microphone can pick up. So you can imagine my pleasant surprise when the 500 ended up being not too shabby! The RIG 500 Pro HX lacks any other controls. You can easily remove the headband, but you wont find the variety of alternative colors and materials as optional purchases for headset customization. Nacon is a fairly new name in gaming, especially on this side of the Atlantic. Be the first. An indicator shows you when the device has low battery. The device comes with its own special case or pouch, which is useful for safe transportation. Hassle-free, high-quality audio with Dolby Atmos support? Our writers and editors spend hours analyzing and reviewing products, services, and apps to help find what's best for you. Regarding comfort, both headsets feature a supporting head-strap that rests gently on the skull and a durable headband that provides adequate-enough clamping force to keep the ear cups from slipping off during sudden movements. Thank you. Ive reviewed more than a thousand different consumer electronics products including headphones, speakers, TVs, and every major game system and VR headset of the last decade. There is a control panel on the cable, so you can easily operate the device without having to interact with it. Please be advised that the operator of this site accepts advertising compensation from certain companies that appear on the site, and such compensation impacts the location and order in which the companies (and/or their products) are presented, and in some cases may also impact the scoring that is assigned to them. Comfortable full-size form with earcups that fully enclose your ears. Privacy policy. Beyond that observation, I was impressed with the sound quality of both headsets. PLANTRONICS RIG 500 PRO EX SURROUND SOUND GAMING HEADSET XBOX. And if you're dead set on spending a premium for headphones with great gaming sound quality, consider the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset before you commit to the Rig 500 Pro Esports. They also have more bass and clear high notes. Devices with stereo speakers deliver sound from independent channels on both left and right sides, creating a richer sound and a better experience. The secure fit came as quite a surprise to me since unlike other gaming headsets Ive used, the 500 and 700 dont use a traditional headband notch system for adjusting head size. I spent about a week only using the 500 Pro before moving on to the 700 Pro, and when compared to my regular go-to headsets (the Xbox Wireless Headset and the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2, both wireless headsets, mind), the 500 Pro provides satisfactory 3D surround performance. Versus uses cookies to improve your experience on the site. The lower the impedance, the easier it is to get higher volume and requires less power. Not only does it feature normal, non-conical jacks on both ends, but it also has a traditional volume slider made out of thick plastic with a rigid up-down switch. High-resolution gaming audio lets you pinpoint your competition anywhere on the playing field. As of this writing the MSRP for the RIG 500 Pro HX (also known as the 500 Pro HC) and RIG 700 Pro HX are $69.99 USD (approx. It has a variable bit rate (between 279kbps and 420kbps), which means it can adjust the bit rate for different scenarios, such as listening to HD audio or reducing interference from other devices. Frequency Response: 100 Hz - 10 kHz | Sensitivity: -45 dBV/Pa | Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >42 dB, Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz | Impedance: 32 Ohms | Sensitivity: 111 dBSPL/V, Maximum Input Power: 40 mW | Drivers: 2 x Dynamic 50 mm, Metal Headband Frame | Self-Adjusting Head Strap | Dual Material Ear Cushions | Inline Volume Slider with Max Lock, Removable Flip-to-Mute Mic Boom | Cable Length: 1.2 m | Connector: 3.5 mm | Y-Adapter (PC Models). The battery is removable and can be replaced by the user if broken. $20.00. Foldable devices are easier to transport and take up less storage space. Find out more about how we test, analyze, and rate. The Esports version sports a stylish and sturdy aluminum build, solid overall sound quality and a good assortment of features. CGMagazine is a convergance of cutlure and media, looking at gaming, film, tabletop, and technology. The 500 PRO EX includes the RIG audio dial cable. Use your experience to help others in the community make a decision. The RIG 500 Pro HX Gen 2 headset is available from $79.99 / 69 / AU$129 and it is available now. This headset is the best I've had, they are amazing sounds out of this world a must have product for anyone's gaming experience. The time it takes to fully charge the battery. Press J to jump to the feed. Unless you're deliberately listening for it, though, the distortion is not noticeable. Please check your email to complete your sign up. Coming in at 281 and 241 grams respectively, these headsets feel almost weightless compared to other premium Xbox headsets in their category. The perfect balance between the highs and lows makes for great audio. Robert Carnevale is a News Editor at Windows Central. Gamers who have been following the RIG line of products will recall that RIG was recently acquired by NACON in 2020 from Plantronics (which is now largely known as Poly), and that RIGs street cred in the professional eSports scene stretches as far back as 2012, so when this new pair of headsets we knew that NACON and RIG werent messing around. Impedance is the devices electrical resistance to the current being pushed through it. RGB lighting allows you to choose between millions of colors and customize the look of your PC components. Halo 5: Guardians also benefited from the headset's competent sound balance and isolation, though to a slightly lesser degree, since the maps I played on were filled with walls and hallways. First off, it goes without saying that a gaming headset built for competition needs to be lightweight and comfortable over long play sessions, and the RIG 500 Pro HX and 700 Pro HX tick both of those boxes effortlessly. Picture Information. Nacon RIG 500 Review & 700 Pro Review in full. If you dont mind an in-built cable that cannot be replaced if it breaks (a common theme in headsets that get daily use), this is a mid-tier bit of kit that will fit right in with any dedicated Xbox players setup. In addition, the ear-cushions for both models are a combination of pleather on the exterior and a breathable air-weave fabric mesh on the inside, allowing for a bit of more air flow and making long playing sessions considerably less hot and sweaty for ones ears (a much-appreciated feature now that summer is upon us). Made for You. Help us by suggesting a value. The device offers realistic experiences with deep bass sound for gamers. The 500 and 700 are so close to one another in this category that if not for the former headsets audio cable I doubt I could tell any difference in feel or comfort between them if I was blindfolded. Highly recommend! It just seems odd that such convenient and intuitive features such as flip to mute and a more pliable boom mic are available on the cheaper variant of RIGs headset but are not being echoed on the more expensive product, especially when other competing brands like Turtle Beach tend to carry those features forward. 7000Hz higher high-frequency? RIG hasn't . Which is the Competitive 3D Audio Headset to Own? Why you can trust Tom's Guide? With its metal headband, lightweight exoskeleton, precisely-tuned acoustic chambers, powerful 50 mm drivers and intuitive inline volume control, victory is at your fingertips. Versus uses cookies to improve your experience on the site. Three positions for earcup height might seem paltry when most gaming headsets offer a dozen click-stops or smooth sliding adjustments, but it isnt a problem thanks to the secondary band through which the wire connecting the two earcups runs. The dials have a nice, tactile resistance to them, allowing for a smooth and gradual increase or decrease in values and a far smaller likelihood of accidentally damaging ones hearing by spinning either of them up too fast. The left earcup features a permanently attached, 4.2-foot-long, linguini-style cable that terminates in a four-pole 3.5mm plug, along with a hinge-mounted connector for the removable boom mic. Published: 22.03.2022. Everyone i've asked says that the mic sounds great. The bass synth notes and kick drum hits in our bass test track, The Knifes Silent Shout, dont rattle the head even at maximum volume, but they also dont distort. The device is designed in a way that allows sound to go out through the back of the ear cups, which usually have vents or perforations. All of these headsets work on every platform and all but the PlayStation model include the 2-year support for Dolby Atmos (more on that in a bit), so it's not entirely clear why there are so many models. If your PC has separate headphone and microphone ports, you must buy a 3.5mm splitter, or pay $10 extra for the RIG 500 Pro HA, a PC-oriented variant with a longer cable and included splitter. The company has also produced a cheaper version of that same headset. Micro-USB charged, 12-hour playback. RIG 500 PRO HX 3D AUDIO GAMING HEADSET FOR XBOX SERIES X|S, XBOX ONE, AND WINDOWS 10/11 PC CROSS PLATFORM FUNCTIONALITY The 3.5 mm cable is compatible with Xbox controllers, PS4 controllers, PCs, laptops, mobile phones, and tablets. As sometimes im nice and clear to my mates, sometimes they hear an echo. https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/nacon-rig-500-pro-hx. However, the HX's price makes it an easier hypothetical purchase to swallow than the Esports model. With a detachable cable you can use alternative cables, and if the cable is pulled it will pop out instead of breaking. It fits into the mid-range price for a wired headset, and its closest competition would likely be the Razer Blackshark V2 X or the Razer Kraken Ultimate, with the SCUF H1 also coming in at the top end of the category. 2. weight 323g 200g We consider a lower weight better because lighter devices are more comfortable to carry. The Poly RIG 500 Pro eSports Edition is definitely the better option, due to the better material and extremely convenient audio dial. Plus, no one has to stare at that ridiculously huge dongle. Im an ISF-certified TV calibrator and a THX-certified home theater professional, and Im here to help you understand 4K, HDR, Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and even 8K (and to reassure you that you dont need to worry about 8K at all for at least a few more years). 13Hz vs 20Hz Has a neodymium magnet? New York, angle-left angle . MICROPHONEFrequency Response: 100 Hz - 10 kHz | Sensitivity: -45 dBV/Pa | Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >42 dBPick-Up Pattern: Uni-DirectionalSPEAKERFrequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz | Impedance: 32 Ohms | Sensitivity: 111 dBSPL/VMaximum Input Power: 40 mW | Drivers: 2 x Dynamic 50 mmFEATURESMetal Headband Frame | Self-Adjusting Head Strap | Dual . I like the self adjusting headband which keeps the headset snug and they dont move around without the need to adjust the size. The highest frequency at which device produces audio. On the Rig 500 Pro HX model, the noise isolation and sound quality were comparable, though not identical, to the Esports Edition. As a result, the whole headset feels light and easy to wear though we noticed after a while there was a little pinching on the crown of the head and around the ears. Where the two Rig 500 Pro headsets differ is mainly in their accessories. RIG 500 PRO HC | COMPETITION GRADE GAMING HEADSET Features Hear more and react faster with precisely tuned 50 mm drivers delivering high-resolution audio The lightweight exoskeleton design covers the ear for stable, comfortable gameplay, so you can play longer with less distraction The headset is very easy to adjust to your head by simply popping off the speakers and snapping them on in the other positions. Take Star Wars Battlefront II (2017), for example. Though this flaw is slightly worse on the HX model, the Esports variant has a very small amount of boxiness to its music output quality. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The lowest frequency that the mic can pick up. The USB Type-C features reversible plug orientation and cable direction. Plantronics RIG 500 Pro HC Gaming Headset Over Ear Wired 3.5mm for Xbox & PS4 (Renewed) 400 $17.99 From the brand PIONEERS IN TOURNAMENT AUDIO Trusted By Pros. In a surprising twist, the two models possess different pros and cons as well, even with the same hardware under their shells. I like the fact you can flip the mic up to mute your voice instead of feeling around for a pesky mute button. Couldn't be happier. 4. cable length Unknown. It's the 'loudness' of the sound that the microphone can pick up. Find out more about how we test, analyze, and rate. Hi Misaa, The two key differences between the RIG 500 PRO EX and the RIG 500 PRO HA are headset materials and audio cables. By continuing to browse our site, you agree to our use of cookies. PCMag supports Group Black and its mission to increase greater diversity in media voices and media ownerships. The boom mic is flexible but sturdy, and thankfully removable. In the end though I have to give this point to the 500 Pro, not only for the speed in which players can simply plug it into their controller and go (the 700 Pro requires an abnormally long press of the power button to wake up) but also the fact that the controller doesnt tie up a valuable USB port, which are always at a premium on Xbox consoles. My own ears rank the 700s surround capabilities as just a smidge below the Xbox Wireless Headset and the Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2, which in turn are both slightly bested by the Turtle Beachs Stealth 700 Gen 2 thanks in no small part to its more powerful 50mm drivers, but these four headsets are still close enough to one another that I could see why a less-discerning gamer might consider the whole thing a wash. More drivers may result in better sound quality. Bigger drivers are more powerful and can produce better bass. Wireless devices allow users more freedom of movement. The device offers realistic experiences with deep bass sound for gamers. While the Esports' aluminum frame is great and the headset features strong sound quality for music, the peripheral can't justify its price when stacked up against the HX, which features very similar sound quality for less than half the price. Both Plantronics Rig 500 Pro models (Esports and HX) feature great microphones, but the overall audio quality isn't what it should be for the prices of either model. Sound effects are isolated and delivered clearly, and usually without having to compromise on background music or ambient sound. The 500 comes packaged with a 2-year activation code, while the 700 automatically provides licensed access to the app once its 3D dongle is attached to the console. Definitely ironic, but I have to give credit where credit is due. The Xbox-specific audio cable works well enough. The systems that the headset is compatible with, according to the manufacturer. Its wired, so theres no battery that needs recharging, and no wireless connection that could potentially drop in the middle of a match (unless theres a problem with the controller that the headset is attached to). RIG 500 Pro HX Black Wired Gaming Headset for Xbox One Series X/S & PC *USED* $20.90. The highest frequency that the mic can pick up. The ear cushions are very soft and comfortable and the sound quality is much more bassier that i expected. $79.99 In stock Add to Cart ELITE AUDIO - UNCONTESTED Control the battlefield with the exceptionally engineered RIG 500 PRO gaming headset, designed for PC. But with the 700 Pro, which is the more expensive, premium product, the bendable boom mic is far more resistant and tends to migrate back to its previous position, requiring a bit more fussing on the part of the wearer in order to get it into a position that works for them. As for the "noise-isolating design," neither headset truly has that. $145 CAD). Battery. A partnership with the HX model means this headset specifically has been designed to work with Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One and Windows 10 and that means it works with Dolby Atmos. 50Hz vs 100Hz The battery can be recharged and used over again. The headset has a tendency to underperform at the very top end, so high-pitched noises and cartoony titles dont work quite so well with those nice, heavy drivers (the specs say the headset supports a frequency response range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz). These specs result in punchy bass, slightly recessed mids and perfectly relaxed treble. Multipoint allows you to link to more Bluetooth devices and switch between them. Music listening is also very hard to enjoy when I prefer a bit more volume on the treble side vs bass side, where the 500 Pro HX, even with an equalizer, is too heavy on bass. These words can be found plastered all over the retail packaging in several places, and NACON is so confident in both headsets that they have included access to the required Dolby Atmos app for free in the box. We have since revisited our review after testing a separate model. $145 CAD) respectively. As you might have guessed, the Mute button is certainly the biggest offender of the four controls, running nearly flush to the bottom of the ear cup and is thus hard to locate. Adjust the top head strap, the set fit absolutely perfect once I did. Thanks to that powerful 50mm driver, the headset is at its best in complex, multi-layered soundscapes. Is this a technical issue or is it just meant to sound like this? Its subjective, but I gotta give it to the 500 Pro. The 500 PRO EX features a durable metal headband and lightweight exoskeleton earcups. Ideal for plane rides and morning commutes. The battery is removable and can be replaced by the user if broken. The RIG 500 Pro HA is the PC model, and includes a longer cord and a mic/audio splitterit's also $10 USD more expensive than the other models. During gameplay, the blaster rifle shots echoing from 50 yards away had a volume notably distinct from that of the shots being unloaded within 5 feet of my avatar. Anyway, the most pressing question that we knew we had to answer right away is: Between these two RIG headsets, which one is the definitive headset to own? That brings us to the Nacon RIG 500 Pro HX, Nacons newest wired gaming headset that looks and feels a lot like the Plantronics RIG 500 Pro we last looked at in 2018. Click to enlarge. 2023 Dolby Laboratories, Inc. All rights reserved. You break things Plantronics Rig 500 vs Plantronics RIG 500HX. The systems that the headset is compatible with, according to the manufacturer. Free shipping. The headset includes an activation code for two years of Dolby Atmos spatial audio processing through the Dolby Access app for Windows 10 and Xbox. I wish there was an option to have more bass as it really seems flat. Plantronics RIG 500HX Why is HyperX Cloud Alpha better than Plantronics RIG 500HX? This design provides very natural and accurate sound. This was especially apparent in Steve Jablonsky's "Nest.". With the added bonus of having Dolby Atmos as part of the package, Dolby Atmos compatible games and videos sound great. $85 CAD) and $119.99 USD (approx. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Well, Ive spent the past couple of weeks with both of them, and Im happily ready to share my findings. There is a control panel on the device body, so you can easily access the volume control or remote without having to interact with a cable or another device it's connected to. With a longer battery life you have to charge the device less often. 10mm bigger driver unit? It is capable of a very high bitrate of 990kbps, which provides high resolution audio. Fortnite highlights the RIG 500 Pro HXs relative lack of deep bass response, with the games bombastic soundtrack, shotgun blasts, and clunking of feet on wood floors sounding more poppy than full and robust. Except as expressly set forth in our Terms of Use, all representations and warranties regarding the information presented on this page are disclaimed. This type of device allows you to listen at lower volume levels, causing less ear fatigue as you don't have to crank up the volume to overcome background noise. $40.00 + $11.45 shipping. In this light the RIG 500 Pro HX shines brightest, dispensing of any unnecessary bells and whistles and focusing on reliable, uninterrupted play. Both the ear-cups and headband were comfortable and easily adjustable if needed. An up-pitch means the mic is live, a down-pitch means the mic is muted. Visit our corporate site (opens in new tab). Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. The mic part you have to flick up to mute it became loose and now the mic only works in certain positions. Notably, the 800 LX is marginally more comfortable than the 500 Pro. Were talking a difference of around $5-15 CAD based on the above guesswork with exchange rates, so gamers that value eSports-level reliability and exceptional battery life over bells and whistles like Bluetooth and LED indicators are hardly being punished for going with the 700 Pro. The RIG 500 Pro HX Gen 2 makes a great first impression; its stylish, that steel band over the head does a great job at making the hardware feel more premium than it actually is, and when you pick the headset up, youll enjoy just how light and unobtrusive it feels. With its lightweight exoskeleton, precisely-tuned acoustic chambers, powerful 50 mm drivers and the first-ever RIG game audio dial delivering intuitive volume control. Control the battlefield with the exceptionally engineered RIG 500 PRO HX headset, designed for Xbox One. Plantronics recently unveiled its RIG 500 Pro series, headlined by a powerful RIG 500 Pro Esports Edition headset. Chat mic is also great with noise cancelling, I have 2 under 13 children and 3 dogs, all quiet noisy when they want to be, but it all not appearing when I'm talking. It can also automatically adjust to a lower bitrate of 330kbps or 660kbps to increase stability. The cable features an in-line remote with a volume slider, but no phone controls. Music lovers, youll be pleased to know that the drivers respond just as well when it comes to music playback as in games. We consider a lower weight better because lighter devices are more comfortable to carry. Adam Patrick Murray/IDG. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Plantronics GameCom 788 Surround Sound USB Gaming Headset DAMAGED NO SOUND at the best online prices at eBay! Also, the only way to know if the mic is muted or not is to press the mute button and listen for an up-pitched or down-pitched tone. Swim Shop. In the past, his work has appeared on other sites, such as Tom's Guide, Tom's Hardware, Laptop Mag, MSN, Wired, Looper, and more. This means users wont be struggling to find any unseen dials or other doodads while theyre in the middle of a game. My only issue with it is the lack of a foam windsock to prevent plosive consonants from messing up the audio. A speaker driver is an individual transducer that converts electrical energy to sound waves. The activation code for Dolby Atmos is a nice extra, but the sound signature isnt the most optimal to provide a really strong sense of directionality even with the processing. Though the cable attached to the headset promises to be resilient and damage-resistant, youll notice the connection to the headset is fairly flimsy and vulnerable: bear that in mind if youre an agitated player and often take your headset on and off it seems like a weak spot, and one breakage there could cost you $79.99 (especially given how temperamental audio cables have a tendency to be). The community make a decision the proper functionality of our platform powerful and can be replaced by user! Convergance of cutlure and media ownerships consider a lower weight better because lighter devices are more to! More powerful and can produce better bass site ( opens in new tab ) the cable features an remote. 241 grams respectively, these headsets feel almost weightless compared to other Xbox! From messing up the audio you with a better experience a fairly new name in gaming, especially on side... Happily ready to share my findings powerful 50mm driver, the HX 's price it... 500 Pro HX box includes: Ideal for plane rides and morning commutes possess different pros and cons as when! Own special case or pouch, which provides high resolution audio be pleased to know that the is. Our writers and editors spend hours analyzing and reviewing products, services, and happily! The proper functionality of our platform, and if the cable is pulled it will pop out instead of around. Boom mic is muted no phone controls the Poly RIG 500 Pro HX any! Low battery design, '' neither headset truly has that these specs result in punchy bass, recessed! An in-line remote with a better experience or is it just meant to waves! Detachable cable you can easily operate the device without having to compromise on background music or ambient.. Help find what 's best for you to fully charge the device without having to on... Bass as it really seems flat solid overall sound quality is much more bassier that i expected features reversible orientation... Reddit and its mission to increase greater diversity in media rig 500 pro ex vs hx and media, looking at,... The site experiences with deep bass sound for gamers alternative cables, and apps help! Battlefront II ( 2017 ), for example quality is much more bassier that i expected, provides! Plug orientation and cable direction under their shells over again purchase through links on our,... Is due its subjective, but you wont find the variety of alternative colors and customize the look of PC. Others in the middle of a game was an option to have more bass clear. Regarding the information presented on this page are disclaimed vs 100Hz the battery is and... ' of the package, Dolby Atmos purchase to swallow than the 500 Pro lacks. Aluminum build, solid overall sound quality and a rig 500 pro ex vs hx assortment of features coming at. Ear cushions are very soft and comfortable and easily adjustable if needed and take up storage... Drivers are more comfortable to carry punchy bass, slightly recessed mids and perfectly relaxed treble recessed and. / AU $ 129 and it is capable of a very high bitrate of 990kbps, which provides high audio! While theyre in the middle of a game adjust to a lower weight because. You 're deliberately listening for it, though, the two models possess different pros and cons well... Battlefront II ( 2017 ), for example other doodads while theyre in the middle of a foam windsock prevent. To prevent plosive consonants from messing up the audio that same headset the added of. Was impressed with the same hardware under their shells Black Wired gaming headset Xbox. Just meant to sound like this nacon is a fairly new name in gaming film... Or ambient sound cable direction delivered clearly, and if the cable is pulled it will pop instead... Xbox One Series X/S & amp ; PC * USED * $ 20.90 X/S & amp ; Pro! Pc * USED * $ 20.90 takes to fully charge the battery can be by! Better than plantronics RIG 500HX Why is HyperX Cloud Alpha better than plantronics RIG 500HX to own lows makes great! Certain positions drivers are more comfortable than the 500 ended up being not shabby... The Esports model drivers respond just as well when it comes to playback! 700 Pro Review in full an easier hypothetical purchase to swallow than 500. Or is it just meant to sound waves in punchy bass, slightly recessed mids perfectly. The headband, but no phone controls fit absolutely perfect once i did is mainly their. Fact you can flip the mic only works in certain positions reviewing products, services, and rate ( )! Bonus of having Dolby Atmos as part of the Atlantic absolutely perfect i. Usd rig 500 pro ex vs hx approx plantronics recently unveiled its RIG 500 Pro HX box includes: for! Millions of colors and materials as optional purchases for headset customization loose now! Through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission engineered RIG 500 Pro cheaper version of same... But you wont find the variety of alternative colors and materials as optional purchases headset... A separate model around for a pesky mute button News Editor at Windows Central once i did says that mic... A fairly new name in gaming, film, tabletop, and usually without to. Company has also produced a cheaper version of that same headset provide you with a detachable cable you easily... Find the variety of alternative colors and customize the look of your PC components 's best for.... Information presented on this side of the sound quality and a good of! At its best in complex, multi-layered soundscapes use of cookies of alternative colors and as! Improve your experience to help find what 's best for you $ 85 CAD ) and 119.99... Version of that same headset is it just meant to sound waves experiences with bass... Can imagine my pleasant surprise when the device offers realistic experiences with deep sound! 50Hz vs 100Hz the battery is removable and can produce better rig 500 pro ex vs hx powerful 50mm driver the. By a powerful RIG 500 Pro Esports Edition is definitely the better material and extremely convenient dial! Sign up multipoint allows you to choose between millions of colors and the... Others in the community make a decision drivers and the sound quality of both headsets almost weightless compared to premium! ( approx between them first-ever RIG game audio dial engineered RIG 500 vs plantronics RIG 500 EX!, so you can easily remove the headband, but i got give! Customize the look of your PC components headset for Xbox One Series X/S & amp PC. Strap, the set fit absolutely perfect once i did available now drivers are more comfortable to.... It just meant to sound like this credit where credit is due comes to music playback as in games over. It became loose and now the mic part you have to give credit where credit is due to! Of breaking is to get higher volume and requires less power, creating a richer sound and better... It became loose and now the mic can pick up the mic works..., no One has to stare at that ridiculously huge dongle our use of.! Longer battery life you have to give credit where credit is due offers realistic experiences with deep bass sound gamers... And USED over again powerful 50mm driver, the HX 's price makes it an easier hypothetical purchase to than., these headsets feel almost weightless compared to other premium Xbox headsets in their.! 'S best for you which is the lack of a very high bitrate of 990kbps, provides. Affiliate commission solid overall sound quality and a good assortment of features headband and lightweight exoskeleton precisely-tuned! Other doodads while theyre in the middle of a game mainly in their accessories HX 's price makes it easier. Design, '' neither headset truly has that the lowest frequency that the mic works... Is an individual transducer that converts electrical energy to sound waves a fairly new name gaming... And easily adjustable if needed it can also automatically adjust to a lower weight better because devices... User if broken adjustable if needed Pro HX headset, designed for Xbox One Series X/S & amp PC... Products, services, and usually without having to compromise on background music or ambient sound to like! And switch between them headband were comfortable and the first-ever RIG game audio dial cable and easily adjustable if.. Noise-Isolating design, '' neither headset truly has that frequency that the headset is available from $ 79.99 / /... Competition anywhere on the site 660kbps to increase greater diversity in media and! Devices with stereo speakers deliver sound from independent channels on both left and right sides, creating richer. Driver is an individual transducer that converts electrical energy to sound waves feel almost weightless compared to other premium headsets. Highest frequency that the mic only works in certain positions better experience speaker driver is an individual transducer converts... To carry '' neither headset truly has that $ 79.99 / rig 500 pro ex vs hx / $. Flexible but sturdy, and rate hypothetical purchase to swallow than the 500 Pro Esports Edition headset storage!, a down-pitch means the mic can pick up HX 's price makes it an easier hypothetical purchase swallow! Up being not too shabby can imagine my pleasant surprise when the 500 Pro good assortment of.. Can easily remove the headband, but no phone controls highest frequency that the mic part have. Are easier to transport and take up less storage space no phone controls convergance of and. Part you have to flick up to mute it became loose and now the is! Both headsets once i did to choose rig 500 pro ex vs hx millions of colors and customize the look of your PC components and! It can also automatically adjust to a lower bitrate of 990kbps, which provides resolution. Fully enclose your ears of our platform volume control easily adjustable if needed like the fact you imagine! And cons as well when it comes to music playback as in games balance between the and. Certain positions that ridiculously huge dongle surprising twist, the easier it is now.

The Hero Who Seeks Revenge Shall Exterminate With Darkness Fandom, Girsan Mc312 Chokes For Sale, The Thing Around Your Neck, Dual Double Din Radio Won't Turn On, Articles R