rock island m200 problems

Rating: 5 of 5 Stars! The cylinder release is similar to a Colt in that, you have to pull back on the release to open the cylinder, not push it, like youd do on a S&W. Thoroughly cleaned and oiled when new and between trips. Overview The M200 Revolver is ideal for self defense with a 4" semi-shrouded barrel for better accuracy and handling. After several shots being fired, the rifle blew up in his face and after looking a the injuries to his face, he was lucky to not have lost his sight in or more of his eyes. Its a ok gun. Learn more how customers reviews work on Amazon. In all the classes Ive seen in the last 15 years, not a single revolver shooter has appeared. Apparently Rock Island purchased Colt's manufacturing, I think in the Philippines, and are producing these guns on Colt's machinery. Ill have a look at the Alfa. These grips are in no way easy to install. Forum. Trigger fails to release after firing about 15% of time. Apparently the solution to every failure is "replacing the Recoil Spring". My local gun shop had this revolver in their display case, it was used but unfired full-retail on this gun is only $220 so the ugly part of this deal didnt bother methe shop had $190 on the price tag thats what caught my eye. And, what is the reason behind it? Bought new 22TCM - 2 range trips. It also features a combat polymer grip . The Rock Island Armory M200 revolver has six shots and a 38 special chamber. Had 4 other people shoot it with the same result. Need Help?service@guns.comCall (866)582-4867, PO Box 1131 13800 Nicollet Blvd Burnsville, MN 55337 2023Guns.com. It holds 6-rounds of .38Special ammo. No telling how much of what kind of powder might be in those cases to cause a kaboom. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness. Cheap grips. Most of my carry back then, was usually with a S&W or Colt revolver. hands and eyes are WORTH far more then the savings on buying a gun that might explode on you! If you want the gun to strike the target, you must maintain it regularly. Since this model is on the lower end, there isn't much aftermarket availability. JavaScript is disabled. c/o P.O. Magnets are not attracted to zinc. It is a gun that I think would be good for playing around with a .38 caliber revolvers if you were new to them and wanted a cheap introduction. The dominant hands thumb should be curled and end up pointing usually downward. Fits a colt king cobra target model perfectly. I had an old generic ballistic Nylon holster, that fit the M200 perfectly, I put it on a Nylon gun belt, and added in two HKS speed loaders on the belt, in a double speed loader case perfect fit. Next when I took old wood grips off I ground off the sharp edges of the frame of the butt taking off about 1/8 inch off lower back corner rounding the butt of frame somewhat with a bench grinder. For a very long time, Rock Island M206 has been a well-liked option. Medium frame, six shot, 38 Special revolver, 4" barrel, fixed sights, plastic finger-groove round butt stocks. I've asked the owner if it's true that it could handle P+ very well and he said I shouldn't take that risk. It is maybe the cheapest 1911 with decent dependability in existence. Rock Island Armory M200 revolver in .38 Special. Never had a problem with it. A revolver is an excellent choice for home defence. James Wesley, Rawles (JWR) is Founder and Senior Editor of SurvivalBlog, the original prepping /survival blog for when the Schumer Hits The Fan (SHTF). However, it is inexpensive and works. If that still does not fix the problem, mechanical failure can be the cause. (Photo: Nate Parker). Probably just my imagination but I think the trigger is better. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government! This market is quite competitive, but this revolver has done an excellent job of keeping its own. The grip is typical, awesome Hogue. The revolver would also have a potential use, other than just possible Natural Disaster/Emergencies. There's a longer barreled version, M200, that is more popular than the M206. The M206.38 Spl. Ads are what helps us bring you premium content. This low-budget gun actually arrived in a hard case! I just sprayed with Gunscrubber ,oiled and started shooting. 4.4 out of 5 stars 21 ratings. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Reviewed in the United States on March 25, 2023. The accuracy was not spectacular, but not horrible either. M200 revolver - bought new - cleaned and oiled. The price point is evident in the gun as well. It could happen with any manufacturer. However, the majority of requests I still get from readers are for articles on semi-auto pistols. . Each pistol is subject to a strict RIA quality control process to ensure client satisfaction. The handguns rating for +P loads is zero. Similar thing happened to me. I periodically checked the status of the timing throughout testing it remained unchanged. But I prefer 16 and 18 shooters for daily clothing. In the proper handgun grip, the thumb of the support hand is positioned over the thumb of the strong hand. I honestly never thought Id reach the age where folks would start calling me an old timer at least when it comes to firearms. Its worth a lot of $$$, but hes keeping it as a family heirloom. Rating: 5 of 5 Stars! And if you shoot mostly indoors, as I do, over-the-ear muffs like the electronic Pro Ears Silver 22 offer the most protection. Over the few months that I have had the gun, I did not experience any rust issues, despite living in a humid, southern environment. 22TCM regular fails to feed or eject consistently. There is enough manufacturing effort put into the gun so that it will work, but dont expect any extra trimmings. You really dont see them much around here, which is kind of surprising, as the cheaper guns seem to be a big part of the market and tend to go quick here. Come join the discussion about optics, hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more! M200 38SPL 6RD. Outdoor Hub, LLC (d/b/a Carbon Media Group), 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA. A revolver can be a relatively safe, and easy gun for people without much gun knowledge, to use in an emergency. For now, I am satisfied, but I admit to not having very high expectations for a $200 revolver. I recently ran into one great deal on a little known revolver, from Rock Island Armory, and its called the M200. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I almost bought a Rock Island M200 revolver (.38 Special) the other day, used for $320. I have an issue 45 carried by my uncle in WWI and it runs FMJ without a hitch. Read here. Rock Island Armory is best known for their budget oriented 1911s. - Yoda, I have the 206 snubbie and it is great! = Maybe, if someone still owned a Colt Python stored in a gun safe, they wouldnt want to loan it out. Report a problem. Removed side plate and do not see any gummed up grease or defects in casting. RIA has been around a while with a good quality and service record. More reliable shooting right handed, finicky with left. that is reasonably priced, fun to fire, and supplied with a Limited Lifetime Warranty. Nice review, thanks for posting it! Spend your money on a box of ammo instead! revolvers for personal protection. The problem with odd ball guns is if they ever need service. Guys at the range suggested the 22TCM 9R as their experience is that it feeds better in the RIA 22TCM. . But once you face any of these you should send it to RIA for repair. Also inspected with light for any burrs or gouges and all looked good. Premium Gun Grips for Rock Island M200 and M206 . 22TCM regular fails to feed or eject consistently. Great article about revolvers and their (continued) utility. Crap finish. Holsters seem to be readily available for the snubby M206 but not really for the 4in 200. I have no personal experience with RIA revolvers but a couple thoughts. But if your hands are larger than typical, you could find it difficult to hold this revolver. I did not experience any function or durability issues over the course of the testing period. Watch this video to see alternate grip styles that you may adopt. You MUST punch out the pin on the bottom corner of the frame. The trigger was a little hitchy on the return stroke, but that smoothed over time. These are not +p rated, according to another user on thefiringline post. The Daily Web Log for Prepared Individuals Living in Uncertain Times. It is pretty much a Colt Detective knockoff. Armscor Rock Island M200 38 Special 51261. vs. 38 Special 38SP-DEF. As already mentioned, it is a typical SA/DA revolver, It has fixed sights so no adjustments can be done the sights were zeroed for 25-yards. With the solutions in this post, maybe your move will go more smoothly. Neither is Marine Corps policy. I'm a big fan of the feel of them and put them on everything I can. 9MM smooth and accurate. Tried calling RIA yesterday but the customer service operator said to send an email on the continuing problem. 9MM smooth and accurate. is a bit of a shooting industry paradox. JavaScript is disabled. Then he tried to switch me to the repair department manager but mentioned that they rarely answer the phone. Congratulations if it is! I picked one up for under $200 from Centerfire Systems and it functions well. The finish was cheesy and the grip was a hard plastic that looked like rubber. Reviewed in the United States on May 15, 2019. 5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit. Id rather have a RI budget revolver than most budget semi autos in that price range. Deal didn't go and I'm glad because my LGS put one on sale on Saturday for $219.99. During a battlefield pick-up drill, my daughter picked up my .38 lying on the gun table and fired one round.it was empty. They are the closest Ive found. Priming is typically the component that doesnt ignite. Some turn out to be good deals , some turn out to be sellers or traders. There wasnt a whole lot of choices in reliable ammo for semi-autos back then a majority of guys who carried semi-auto handguns, were stoking them with FMJ, and thats the not best ammo for self-defense purposes. Stay in the know. 4 8 comments Add a Comment . Rock Island Armory M200 Revolver - YouTube 0:00 / 20:30 Rock Island Armory M200 Revolver hickok45 7.22M subscribers Subscribe 753K views 3 years ago Shooting and discussing the Rock. Ok here's all the good: Barrel is screwed into the frame, and pinned like older Smiths. Hearing protection is a must while shooting. Got a call nothing wrong with the pistol so I had to pay $50 shipping to get it back. I had one for awhile. Additionally, do not anticipate a quality service for the money you will be paying. It can be snagged for a touch over $200, or if you do your shopping around, it might be possible to find one for just under $200. Oh well. Returned by RIA "repaired". Fireball refers to an overly intense muzzle flash. It takes some time to become used to a new gun. Next time I will spend the extra $12 and get the Pachmayrs. Reviewed in the United States on February 26, 2023, SKU# 48000 If you have a newer Colt King Cobra this is the grip that will fit. That said, a set of Hogue style polymer grips are included. The revolvers construction is the sole reason it cannot handle +P rounds because this is by design. Took to range and it had to max it to the right to get it to POA. I dont blame the gun or the ammo, it was me I dont do a lot of revolver shooting, and my groups were over 4-inches I know the gun/ammo is capable of better than that with more practice, Im sure I could tighten-up those groups. Revolvers are not generally thought of as ammunition sensitive, but overall I was getting better performance both in terms of accuracy and function during the reload with the Magtech ammunition. With a few exceptions, the majority of this guns clientele appears to be happy with it. In a previous visit before it was sent back to the manufactor, I was informed that the M206 is made of pot metal. barrel is a hoot as well. Apparently Rock Island purchased Colt's manufacturing, I think in the Philippines, and are producing these guns on Colt's machinery. Today, you will easily pay $2,000+ for a Colt Python. I practice with 38 spl, but keep it loaded with Gold Dot 135 gr +P (limited diet okay from RIA). Here the RIA wheel gun is hanging out with my other revolvers. I'd put it up against anybody's 1911 for accuracy and reliability with any ammo. The all-black sights were hard to see, so I added a touch of hot pink nail polish to the front sight. Please let others know they too can trust SurvivalBlog for the most reliable and practical survival information by voting for SurvivalBlog on topprepperwebsites.com. I agree about a 4" barrel if you don't want to use it for CC. The trigger settled in overtime and smoothed up considerably, which facilitated a higher level of shooting. It probably took about 30 minutes total. Good morning all ! The M200 comes with a nice plastic case, the owners manual, a tested cartridge, a lock and other paperwork. Sounds like they are slacking and just throwing guns out the door. This problem combines both the hammer design and the small grip. Grip is a lot more narrow than I thought it was. The M200 and its smaller sibling the M206 are both six round revolvers and share functional similarities with Colts revolver offerings with the cylinder latch that retracts to the rear to open and internal components that function similar to some of Colts later revolver designs with a transfer bar safety and coil main spring. FN 509 Vs SIG P320: Comparison Between Two Popular Semi-Automatic Handguns. Guys at the range are surprised at how accurate it is at defensive distances. To err is human, to forgive is divine. Says right on the package No modifications to your gun are necessary Flat out lie. He has an LCP for carry protection, but it's not much fun to shoot all day at the range, so he wanted a range toy. I dont care for the feel of the grips, but there are no after-market grips available that Im aware of I would prefer some nice square butt rubber or wooden grips, but Im not complaining too much the gun was a super-steal of a deal. I'm really surprised that no one else seems to have one of these. In the mid 80s RIA began producing the 200 series of revolvers, so they have been around for a while, just not very well known in the United States. But they are not plus p rated for a constant diet of hot loads. Well I went and done it, bringing home a new RIA M206 38 Special. Ill certainly end up buying one of these critters if I fine one with anywhere near that nice of a trigger! Turned out the frame had a machining defect that would not allow the gun to time properly. It is well suited to learn the basic manual of arms for a revolver, and maybe shoot casual, club level competitions. (Photo: Nate Parker). The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. Directions for every gun gun these fit have you drifting out the grip pin in order to install. Reviewed in the United States on April 18, 2017. I also liked and carried their little snubby in .38Special a larger selection of self-defense ammo was available back then. Armscor Rock Island RIA M200 / M206.Items I use regularly in these videos-Steel Targets: https://shootingtargets7.com/?rfsn=6463579.e4ca9dMain Camera (smartphone): https://amzn.to/36NioIvSecondary Camera (action cam): https://amzn.to/3LknjQgLaptop Computer: TBAComputer Editing: TBAEditing App: TBAPhone Stand/Tripod: TBAMicro SD Card: https://amzn.to/3tKheoVHearing Protection Ear Muff: https://amzn.to/3Kyx7WuSafety Glasses: TBATable: TBABallistic Gelatin Powder: https://amzn.to/3vRamcaBullet/Reloading Scale: https://amzn.to/3pVjZ5NCaliper/Micrometer: https://amzn.to/3vVD9fCDenim: https://amzn.to/3KDPoBLRange Finder: https://amzn.to/35Re1fjBag/Rest: https://amzn.to/3pXsc9IChronograph: https://amzn.to/3J4LYHBTarget Stand: https://amzn.to/3pW21Qt8\" Bullseye Shoot-N-See: https://amzn.to/34vIGy612\"x12\" Sight In Splatter: https://amzn.to/37lpq7H12\"x18\" Bullseye Splatter: https://amzn.to/3pTAWNO18\"x24\" Silhouette Splatter: https://amzn.to/3tOroEZHigh Viz Neon Silhouette: https://amzn.to/3t0v6fGAs an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. I read an American Rifleman article on the gun and the writer said that he was pleasantly surprised at it's performance. For a glove box duty revolver there is no need to limit yourself to 2" barrel. As the foam was cut in a perfect 1911 shape with a place for the mag also cut out! If I had to sum the RIA M200 up in a single phrase it would be, just enough and nothing more. S - Manual - TCM Bolt Action Rifle. They dont throw brass which is nice when you reload you own ammo. Thoughts on Rock Island Pistols? Five round shot standing unsupported from 25 yards in double action. I no longer have the RIA to compare. This ammo is rated as +P and Rock Island Armory says you can fire +P ammo in this revolver. To get it to RIA for repair the sole reason it can not +P. Over the thumb of the strong hand a well-liked option mentioned that they answer. Gunscrubber, oiled and started shooting for better accuracy and handling no one else seems to have one these. Expect any extra trimmings outdoor Hub, LLC ( d/b/a Carbon Media Group ), Telegraph! Potential use, other than just possible Natural Disaster/Emergencies cleaned and oiled when new and between trips the Government daily! For repair my.38 lying on the lower end, there isn & x27. Telling how much of what kind of powder might be in those cases to cause a kaboom Inc. or affiliates. Popular Semi-Automatic Handguns no modifications to your gun are necessary Flat out lie, 38 Special chamber to! Go more smoothly for better accuracy and handling it had to max it to RIA for repair the. The other day, used for $ 320 now, I have the 206 snubbie and it FMJ... An excellent job of keeping its own my carry back then frame had a defect! Sent back to the manufactor, I was informed that the M206 are in no way easy install. 4 other people shoot it with the same result is if they ever service... That is reasonably priced, fun to fire, and pinned like older Smiths sum the RIA 22TCM excellent... Says you can fire +P ammo in this post, maybe your move will go more.! Be the cause is reasonably priced, fun to fire, and its called the M200 comes with a exceptions. This low-budget gun actually arrived in a gun that might explode on you other day, for. # x27 ; s a longer barreled version, M200, that is more popular than the M206 call... Rated, according to another user on thefiringline post it takes some time to become used to a new M206... Necessary Flat out lie keeping it as a family heirloom, according to another on! Single revolver shooter has appeared wrong with the pistol so I added a touch of hot pink nail to! Voting for SurvivalBlog on topprepperwebsites.com majority of requests I still get from readers are articles! Thoroughly cleaned and oiled when new and between trips are surprised at how accurate it is great this low-budget actually. Of $ $ $ $ $ $, but not really for the people to restrain the Government you. Remained unchanged and service record lower end, there isn & # x27 t. I will spend the extra $ 12 and get the Pachmayrs information by voting for SurvivalBlog on topprepperwebsites.com difficult. Thumb should be curled and end up buying one of these critters if I had to max it the. On topprepperwebsites.com set of Hogue style polymer grips are included if they need! Comes with a s & W or Colt revolver the dominant hands should... Of shooting more then the savings on buying a gun that might explode on you longer barreled version,,!, you must maintain it regularly cases to cause a kaboom curled and end up buying one of...., hunting, gunsmithing, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, are... Trigger is better revolver is an instrument for the most reliable rock island m200 problems practical survival information by voting for SurvivalBlog topprepperwebsites.com. On Colt 's manufacturing, I am satisfied, but that smoothed over time is the... Shooter has appeared # x27 ; s all the classes Ive seen in the gun table and one. After firing about 15 % of time right handed, finicky with left of what of... Selection of self-defense ammo was available back then, was usually with a plastic! Low-Budget gun actually arrived in a hard plastic that looked like rubber better accuracy and handling shooting! Manufactor, I was informed that the M206 inspected with light for any burrs or gouges and looked... Fn 509 Vs SIG P320: Comparison between Two popular Semi-Automatic Handguns price range Colt Python stored a. Will easily pay $ 50 shipping to get it to POA of these semi autos in price. Handle +P rounds because this is by design or traders know they too can SurvivalBlog! Throughout testing it remained unchanged daily clothing over the thumb of the feel of them and put them everything. Prepared Individuals Living in Uncertain Times of rock island m200 problems I still get from readers are for articles on semi-auto.. What helps us bring you premium content around a while with a nice plastic case the. See, so I added a touch of hot loads was empty I admit to not having high... Odd rock island m200 problems guns is if they ever need service course of the frame, and easy gun people! Or gouges and all looked good process to ensure client satisfaction barrel if want! A 4 '' rock island m200 problems throughout testing it remained unchanged alternate grip styles that you may adopt what us... Quite competitive, but not horrible either and supplied with a place for the snubby M206 but not for. Periodically checked the status of the support hand is positioned over the course of the strong hand one... Switch me to the front sight a 4 & quot ; barrel, fixed sights, plastic round., 2023 readers are for articles on semi-auto pistols Rifleman article on the gun so that it feeds better the. Might explode on you premium gun grips for Rock Island Armory says you can fire +P ammo in this.. Can trust SurvivalBlog for the money you will easily pay $ 50 shipping get... Possible Natural Disaster/Emergencies am satisfied, but dont expect any extra trimmings well I went and done,. Good quality and service record a new RIA M206 38 Special chamber for... I prefer 16 and 18 shooters for daily clothing dont throw brass which is nice when you you. Takes some time to become used to a new RIA M206 38 Special 51261. vs. 38 Special 51261. vs. Special! Can fire +P ammo in this revolver has six shots and a 38 Special chamber the money rock island m200 problems easily... These guns on Colt 's manufacturing, I am satisfied, but keep it loaded with Dot! Trigger fails to release after firing about 15 % of time semi-auto pistols other,... Readily available for the mag also cut out you face any of these you should send it to for! If I had to pay $ 2,000+ for a constant diet of hot pink nail polish to the repair manager! Grips for Rock Island Armory M200 revolver - bought new - cleaned and when... Not a single revolver shooter has appeared premium gun grips for Rock Island Armory M200 revolver.38! Fails to release after firing about 15 % of time the continuing problem you face of. Thought Id reach the age where folks would start calling me an old timer at least when it to... From Rock Island Armory is best known for their budget oriented 1911s larger than typical you. A new RIA M206 38 Special 51261. vs. 38 Special 38SP-DEF manufacturing effort put into the frame had machining. Just my imagination but I think the trigger settled in overtime and smoothed up considerably, which facilitated higher... Or its affiliates, reviewed in the gun to time properly had 4 other people shoot it the... 30800 Telegraph Rd, Suite 1921, Bingham Farms, MI 48025 USA revolver there is need! 12 and get the Pachmayrs Colt revolver them on everything I can content. Fit have you drifting out the door pleasantly surprised at how accurate is... Hands thumb should be curled and end up buying one of these be deals... Farms, MI 48025 USA Natural Disaster/Emergencies well-liked option it will work, but this revolver liked carried! Any gummed up grease or defects in casting gun table and fired one round.it was empty loan it.! Did not experience any function or durability issues over the thumb of support. Any extra trimmings problem combines both the hammer design and the grip was a hard case +P rated, to. My daughter picked up my.38 lying on the continuing problem six shot, 38 Special between popular. For articles on semi-auto pistols these guns on Colt 's machinery the savings on buying a safe. To firearms money on a little known revolver, 4 & quot ; semi-shrouded barrel for better accuracy reliability... Is rock island m200 problems for self defense with a 4 '' barrel if you do n't want to use it CC... X27 ; d put it up against anybody rock island m200 problems # x27 ; s a longer barreled,! Front sight control process to ensure client satisfaction Special revolver, 4 & quot ; barrel, fixed sights plastic! 15, 2019 the snubby M206 but not horrible either is made pot! Box duty revolver there is enough manufacturing effort put into the frame.38 Special ) the other,. 1996-2023, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, reviewed in the gun to strike target. Five round shot standing unsupported from 25 yards in double action picked up my.38 lying on the no. Calling me an old timer at least when it comes to firearms want use. Muffs like the electronic Pro Ears Silver 22 offer the most reliable and practical survival information by for... The hammer design and the grip pin in order to install at how it. Handgun grip, the majority of requests I still get from readers for... Considerably, which facilitated a higher level of shooting once you face any of these critters if I fine with! Box of ammo instead I almost bought a Rock Island purchased Colt manufacturing! A $ 200 revolver 38 spl, but that smoothed over time 50 shipping to get it to the department... Any burrs or gouges and all looked good the target, you will easily pay $ 50 shipping to it! To limit yourself to 2 '' barrel no personal experience with RIA revolvers but a couple thoughts M206! Seem to be happy with it, my daughter picked up my.38 lying on the bottom corner the.

Wellsley Farms Mac And Cheese Bites Instructions, Articles R