The instructions on how to do so are posted in the sticky Yamaha Service Manual above. [/SIGPIC]2005 Rhino, 686cc, Ferrea valves, 3 plughead, Fuel Injected, Dual exhaust, ported head, Engine oil mod, Carrillo connecting rod on balanced crank assembly, Dyna FS ignition programed to the three plug heads requirement, overdrive weights, JBS machined sheave. But for enthusiasts who want more, they have to bear in mind that upkeep and a few appropriate mods are needed to draw the most out of this behemoth. I didn't remove the tank or the bed. JavaScript is disabled. Well, for a 660, with the engine cold they are A forum community dedicated to Yamaha Grizzly owners and enthusiasts. run motor a few to prime lifters and then re-adjust valves as needed. ALso do you leave it at TDC and adjust the 2 intakes then the exhausts without moving the piston? Following closely behind the Raptor, this almost-big-bore machine addressed its precursors shortcomings when it entered the ATV scene in 2002. Clearances: Intake:0.06~0.10mm or 0.00236~0.00394in. Got the Clymers and dug in. Valve Adjusting. Just gotta make sure that when you tear the plastic away n unbolt everything you keep it all together and labeled. If I'm not mistaking, it says that somewhere in the manual as well. It also had a push-button front differential lock and improved instrumentation. Like the rear axle popping out, some have been addressed through factory changes (as in 2003 Yamaha Grizzly 660 onwards). It is highly recommended that your valves be adjusted every 20 hours. Hey guys does anyone know what the valve adjustment specifications are?? . Aesthetics is not the most handsome or most appealing out in the market. It was not until the advancing tide of technology in 2007 that Yamaha had to update the Grizzly to include a 32-bit ECU for power steering, a 44-mm throttle body for fuel injection, and a larger displacement of 700 cm3. what year? Applicable units for cdn and oceania from jy4am01y34c054974, for europe from *jy4am01w030019192* (51 pages), Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", Override Switch (Deactivating the Speed Limiter When the Differential Is Locked), Front Constant Velocity Joints/Differential Gear, Periodic Maintenance/Lubrication Intervals, Front Carrier, Front Bumper and Front Grill, Handlebar Cover, Fuel Tank Cover and Front Fender, Engine Skid Plate (Center) and Engine Skid Plate (Rear), Checking the Coolant Temperature Warning Light, Adjusting the Select Lever Control Cable and Shift Rod, Checking the Constant Velocity Joint Dust Boot, Installing the Camshaft and Cylinder Head, Removing the Balancer Drive Gear and Balancer Driven Gear, Removing the Balancer Drive Gear and Buffer Boss, Installing the Balancer Drive Gear and Balancer Driven Gear, Removing the Primary and Secondary Sheaves, Installing the Primary and Secondary Sheaves, Starter Motor, Timing Chain and Oil Filter, Checking the High Wheel Gear and Middle Drive Gear, Checking the Secondary Shaft and Driven Sprocket, Checking the Stopper Lever and Stopper Wheel, Middle Drive and Driven Gear Shim Selection, Front Constant Velocity Joints and Differential Gear, Assembling the Front Constant Velocity Joint, Measuring and Adjusting the Differential Gear Lash, Rear Constant Velocity Joint/Final Drive Gear and Drive Shaft, Assembling the Rear Constant Velocity Joint, Removing and Disassembling the Final Drive Roller Bearing, Positioning the Final Drive Pinion Gear and Ring Gear, Measurement and Adjusting the Final Gear Lash, Assembling the Front Brake Master Cylinder, Assembling the Rear Brake Master Cylinder, Installing the Front Brake Master Cylinder, Installing the Rear Brake Master Cylinder, Checking the Front and Rear Brake Caliper, Installing the Front Arms and Front Shock Absorber, Checking the Rear Arms and Rear Shock Absorber, Checking the Condition of the Bulb Sockets, Engine Operates but Machine will Not Move, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YFM660FS Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha GRIZZLY Ultramatic YFM660FP Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YFM660FP Service Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha GRIZZLY ULTRAMATIC YFM660FP Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YFM660FWA Supplementary Service Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YFM660FP 2002 Assembly Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YFM660FP 2001 Assembly Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha Raptor YFM660RT Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha RAPTOR YFM660RP Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha RAPTOR YFM660RR Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YFM660RN Service Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha RAPTOR YFM660R Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YFM660R Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha YFM660RS Assembly Manual, Page 100: Lock Washers/Plates And Cotter Pins, Page 126: How To Use The Conversion Table, Page 127: Lubrication Points And Lubricant Types, Page 148: Chapter 3. Range Valve clearance (cold): Intake: 0.10 ~ 0.15 mm (0.0039 ~ 0.0059 in) Exhaust: 0.15 ~ 0.20 mm (0.0059 ~ 0.0079 in) Is the above valve clearance a typo, or is my feeler gauge? Ok, just got off the phone with Yamaha and they said that 'They are screw and lock-nut valves and do need to be checked at 20hrs.". Compare. Intakes were really tight. Of course covers off and remove spark plug and valve adjust covers. Or should i just take it to the dealer, 07' Grizzly 660 26" Mudlite ITP SS Rims, K&N Air Filter, Warn 2.5 Winch, Hand & Thumb warmers,Rear Seat, Reverse Light, Front Fog lights, Cycle Country 60" Plow with manual lift. Along with its toughest competitors such as the Ranger, Sportsman, and Rincon, the machine unfalteringly delivered the ultimate riding adventure to both trail and aggressive riders. I've got a riding buddy who says that "It's just something mechanical. the ticking sound was too loud but after speaking with two mechanics at the shop they both agreed my bike is now in specifications. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. ;ITP . About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . View and Download Yamaha GRIZZLY 660 owner's manual online. There were minimal increases for the Hunter Edition trims, $7,949 (2006 Outdoorsman Edition) and $7,699 (2006 Ducks Unlimited Edition). Bore-stroke ratio is 100 84 mm (3.94 3.31 inches), similar to the same-displacement . It contains important safety information. $8.88. Double-A-arm, independent suspension on all fours with sway bars replaced the former front MacPherson better struts and rear swingarm suspension. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. 2005 Black Limtited Edition Grizz, 26" Maxxis Bighorns, ITP Type 6 wheels, Yamaha overfenders, CV/A arm guards, Spider Grips, Montana Jacks receiver system, Warn 3000 winch, Warn Plow, Noss Machine billet air filter flange, K & N, Uni for the dirt, Outerwares, Dynojet, Dalton clutch, Big Goombahs, Little Brain, also 2000 Grizzly 600, right from the service manual no pics though, 2006 Grizzly, 28" Dirt Devils, reverse o/r, diff lock & shift override, 2" tranny and airbox snorkel, vent lines relocated, bar warmers, UNI filter, Warn 2500 and plow. tioned 72 mm (2.8 in) above the top of the NOTE: footrest. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. yfz450 front shocks.High lifter rear springs..26"Mud lites xtr.Warn XT 3000 winch. These standout features made the quad a top choice for trail riding and chores. The original list price in 2002 for the base model was $6,999 and $7,299 for the Hunter Edition. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. ). Yamaha Raptor 660 - valves clearance check & adjustment But cannot find it now. Aug 3, 2009. raptorb said: Hello I'm new at this, hope I'm in the right area. A forum community dedicated to Yamaha Grizzly owners and enthusiasts. The forward-inclined powerplant has a bore-stroke ratio of 100 by 84 mm (3.94 3.31 inches). couldn't even get A feeler gauge in. I have a 2007 700 FI Grizzly with 5445 miles. 2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660 Auto 4x4 Special Edition pictures, prices, information, and specifications. I know people will say check again, but just wanted to know if a ticking sound was normal or not. Fuel tank . 2004 Grizzly: Way too many modifications to try and list them all here From what I have heard about valves, the older grizzlies req'd valve adjustment a lot more than the newer ones? Shop online for OEM Valve parts that fit your 2005 Yamaha GRIZZLY 660 (YFM66FAT), search all our OEM Parts or call at 888-987-6361. 2005 Yamaha GRIZZLY 660 (YFM66FAT) Valve Change Assembly . The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. . 2004 Grizzly: Way too many modifications to try and list them all here Is this something i could do. Maneuvering the vehicle boosts confidence and almost feels like riding an extension of yourself. 6 Best ATV Trails Nebraska: Parks & Trail Systems, 12 Most Common Yamaha Grizzly 700 Problems, 15 Best Maine ATV Trails: Off-Road Riding (ATV/UTV), Honda Big Red 3 Wheeler: Complete Review and Specs, YFM66FABGHV Outdoorsman Edition (4WD, Camouflage). It has an engine displacement of 660 cm3, a compression ratio of 9.1:1, and a wet sump lubrication system. Its high ground clearance makes it convenient to ride on bumpy/rocky terrain. This is what I did. 1.5-inch wheel spacers front, 1-inch wheel spacers rear. Engine: Engine configuration: Single-Cylinder: How many cylinders: 1: Types of power cycles: Four-stroke: Type of cooling system: Liquid / Air: Valves: 5: Valves Per Cylinder: 5: Valve types and configurations: Single Overhead Camshaft: Bore (millimeters/inches) 100 / 3.94: . Page 156 Yamaha dealer to make that adjustment. I see that the 450F bikes use titanium valves. I adjusted it to the max on the valve (I went by what the book said) 15 thouands on the intake and 20 thouands on the exhuast. Page 49: Throttle Lever . According to the dealer, the 08 700 has hydraulic valves. SOLD!! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I know I did them to spec. May 16, 2015. starter is probably week, or grounds or connections are bad or wire is internally coroded, or somebody timed the camshaft and decompression camshaft incorrectlywhen you give up the bill is expensive!.lol. Snorkels are mounted higher than most ATVs, making them perfect in deep water. You can reach the 4 bolts that hold the plastic fan cover on (10mm). The exhausts seemed like they were in spec, so little adjustment was needed, but it was a real pain getting a feeler in there since I didn't have the angled ones. Kids that hunt, trap and fish don't mug little old ladies. I have completed a valve adjustment on a 2005. Adjusting them is alot easier than you think. It was not until after World War II that the company ventured into the production of motorcycles. grizzlyowners.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Adjusted to middle spec. adjust it. grizzlyowners.com is not in any way affiliated with Yamaha Motor Company, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I can't honestly say if I had them in spec or not. The rear axle seems to always pop out from the rear differential. Content on rhinoforums.net is generated by its users. Yamaha replaced the Grizzly 600 with the new Grizzly 660 using a larger engine that is 660cc derived from the Raptor 660 with a five-valve cylinder head . They sound loose. i have only 1600 km on mine. Put everything back together and it fired right up with no choke. JavaScript is disabled. The 2016 Grizzly has an all-new, more powerful DOHC, 708cc, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine with optimized torque, power delivery and engine character for aggressive recreational riding. When I did my 660 I had to go back in and redo the exh. 90170 . Page 157: Adjusting The Rear Brake Light Switch Make sure the brakes do not drag. Tappet covers (exhaust) 2 3.Disconnect: . When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. If youre an off-road enthusiast, you may be wondering where, Read More 15 Best Idaho ATV Trails (44 Off-Road)Continue, Nebraska, the Cornhusker State, is known for its forested valleys, rolling plains, and grasslands, making it an ideal destination for your next ATV adventure. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! It had a sporty look, a powerful engine, and a utilitarian build that promised tons of fun on the ranch as it did on the trails. Specs Photos & Videos Compare MSRP $7,599 Type Utility Insurance Rating #6 of 14 Yamaha. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Quick View. 1 General information 2 Specifications 3 Periodic checks and adjustments 4 . Thats the hardest part. Tighten the small square stud down until you can pull the feeler gauge out with a bit of a drag. Naturally, these flaws would not even bother experienced mechanics and veteran owners, as they attest to getting more than their moneys worth with the purchase of a secondhand Grizzly. . It launched with a newly construed chassis, designed to address the biggest shortcoming of its stablemate, the Raptor. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. firefighter, its easier than you think. rhinoforums.net is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. I just adjusted mine a few weeks ago. Content on grizzlyowners.com is generated by its users. You can reach the 4 bolts that hold the plastic fan cover on (10mm). This has been corrected apparently in the newer models, so my guess is that the 700 would not require frequent valve adjustments. Oh! Unlike its predecessor, the Grizzly did not have dual carburetors. Seems to have good power and fires right up, so is the ticking just something I hadn't been used to hearing for a while? Valve. A forum community dedicated to Yamaha Rhino owners and enthusiasts. JBlaze so at 1000 i did it myself and the valves were fine. just adjusted my valves on my660 runs good but seems a little noisey any sugestions thanks mick, 07 camo 660,yoshi duals,kms intake,montana jack f&r winch mount, 27" big horns,hids,2"lift,cab w/heat , warn xt 40, red top optima for accessories,leds,5 bad ass jrts on board,s212 wheels, Hunterworks sheave 14wts, orange spring,40"led lite bar,jensen ms30,jbl and Rockford speakers, elka stage 1 shocks, pro 1 doors, innovate afm,autometer gauges, 60 amp alternator, power steering, electric fuel pump for priming. Trade-in values are from $1,990 to $2,700 for units in good condition and with typical mileage. It doesn't appear to difficult if you have the tools and are mechanically inclined. Apr . Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, classifieds, and more! Because of its smaller size, the quad was put to, Read More 1986 Honda TRX200SX Specs and ReviewContinue, The Yamaha Grizzly 700 is a reliable and tough quad. Then a plastic plug for the timing marks. Despite this, it is still a capable machine that has remained at the forefront of the ATV scene. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! This Japanese firm started as a piano and reed organ manufacturer in 1887. I was use to the sound of tight intake valves. Also for: Yfm660fat. Engine side cover Refer to "SEAT, CARRIERS, FENDERS AND FUEL TANK". Seat . If it's left unhooked, you'll have a warning light in the display swearing that the motor gonna cook itslef A forum community dedicated to Yamaha Grizzly owners and enthusiasts. Leaving it in the garage for a while results in the machine not getting any fuel. 2005 Yamaha Rhino 660 Valve Adjustment and compression check OTRVM 1.56K subscribers 48K views 5 years ago This video is all about Yamaha! Over the years, professional mechanics and savants have equipped these machines with all kinds of Yamaha Grizzly 660 parts to increase the four-wheelers top end. Reply. With its durable frame, it can endure harsh conditions and aggressive riding styles. Do you have to bend/flex them or buy a feeler gauge with a 90 degree bend? The Yamaha Grizzly is a large utility all-terrain vehicle manufactured by the Yamaha Motor Company. 2006 Yamaha Grizzly 660 Auto 4x4 pictures, prices, information, and specifications. (99' 600 Grizz). Be wary of quads selling for less than $1,500, as they may come with non-working shafts, a weak battery, or deteriorated plastics. It has more massive aftermarket support compared to its counterparts. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Enjoy the scenery as you weave through, Read More 15 Best Maine ATV Trails: Off-Road Riding (ATV/UTV)Continue, It was a bit small, had balloon tires, and did not look the part of a sport-utility vehicle. I love to explore earth's natural terrain and share my experience. Content on grizzlyowners.com is generated by its users. 2006 Blue Grizzly 660, hand & thumb warmers, Warn 2.5 winch, WES Rear passenger seat/storage area with hand warmers, Quadrax 54" snow plow, Garmin 60CSx GPS, ITP 25" Mudlites. I have instructions for 06'- pretty easy to do. Front fender . Pick yourself up an extra tube of Patience, since it takes WAAAY longer to get to the valves than it does to adjust them. mind you his prices are dealer prices but has got me a deal on a thing or two in the past. Open to all Grizzly models including 700, 660, 600, 350, and 125. 888-987-6361; . I just had the dealership adjust valves on my 700 and intake was tight and exhaust was ok. . Kelley Blue Book values are between $2,275 and $4,000, with 2006 models holding the highest value due to the number of trims released that year. The best angle to slide the feeler gauge in for the exhaust valves is from middle in. It has given many riders joyous moments and challenging situations, and it will continue to do so for the years to come. It contains important safety information. Prices shown are USD. Grizzly's 660 cubic centimeter (cc), four-stroke, liquid-cooled single overhead camshaft, five-valve engine performs well in open country, but sometimes it causes serious problems for owners. grizzlyowners.com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc. Proper adjustment ensures that a vehicle operates at peak performance. According to Factory Service Manual (downloaded here), the valve clearance (cold) is as follows; however, my feeler gauge only has a .006 mm to .027 mm. I have done all the maintenance regularly,including valves. Tappet adjusting tool (3 mm) 90890-01311 YU-08035 This tool is necessary for . head. Its important to examine the pros and cons of a four-wheeler before making a purchase decision. Mods and additional accessories may add to the vehicles worth. GRIZZLY 660 offroad vehicle pdf manual download. If there is free play, have a Yamaha dealer checked by a Yamaha dealer. The power-to-weight ratio is decent and makes the Grizzly a reliable machine. Just did my valves today and the ext were fine and the intakes were way tight. Power everywhere else in the band is good. Today, the product offerings of this industry leader span from motorsports, off-road vehicles, personal watercraft, and speed boats to outboard motors. Welcome to Off-Roading Pro. text@ 714 883 6171. and he said that after the 1st maintance they should be checked and that the book says that they should be checked once a year. Manual will be automatically added to "My Manuals", Drive Select Lever Operation and Reverse Driving, Select Lever Safety System Cable Adjustment, Adjusting the Rear Brake Lever and Brake Pedal, Rear Knuckle Upper and Lower Pivot Lubrication, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha Ultramatic GRIZZLY 660 Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha GRIZZLY 660 Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha 2004 Rhino 660 YXR660FAS Service Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha ULTRAMATIC GRIZZLY 660 YFM660FS Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha GRIZZLY 660 YFM66FGX Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha ULTRAMATIC GRIZZLY 660 YFM660FR Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha GRIZZLY 660 YFM66FAV Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha 2016 Grizzly yfm700gplg Service Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha Grizzly 450 YFM45FGPD Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha Grizzly 700FI Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha EFM600 GRIZZLY Service Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha GRIZZLY YFM70GPXH Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha GRIZZLY YFM600FWAM Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha Grizzly YFM66FAV Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha GRIZZLY 450 YFM450DF Owner's Manual, Offroad Vehicle Yamaha GRIZZLY YFM70GPAL Owner's Manual, Page 10: Location Of The Warning And Specification Labels, Page 20: Description And Machine Identification, Page 44: Front And Rear Shock Absorber Adjustment, Page 65: Drive Select Lever Operation And Reverse Driving, Page 77: Ride With Care And Good Judgement, Page 115: Periodic Maintenance And Adjustment, Page 117: Periodic Maintenance/Lubrication, Page 129: Engine Oil And Oil Filter Cartridge, Page 162: Adjusting The Rear Brake Lever And Brake Pedal, Page 164: Adjusting The Rear Brake Light Switch, Page 165: Cable Inspection And Lubrication, Page 166: Rear Knuckle Upper And Lower Pivot Lubrication, Page 175: Tail/Brake Light Bulb Replacement, Page 193: Yamaha Extended Service (Y.e.s. Dual carburetors with its durable frame, it can endure harsh conditions aggressive... And rear swingarm suspension 660 - valves clearance check & amp ; adjustment but can not find it now drag! Ride on bumpy/rocky terrain a 660, with the engine cold they are a forum community to! Compression check OTRVM 1.56K subscribers 48K views 5 years ago this video is all about Yamaha Special... Checked by a 2005 yamaha grizzly 660 valve adjustment specs dealer checked by a Yamaha dealer the Hunter Edition are posted in the for. Do not drag brakes do not drag is highly recommended that your valves be adjusted every 20 hours Special pictures... Not drag troubleshooting, maintenance, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, classifieds, more... Machine addressed its precursors shortcomings when it entered the ATV scene YFM66FAT ) Change. Change Assembly have done all the maintenance regularly, including valves operated by VerticalScope Inc a! Page 157: Adjusting the rear axle popping out, some have been addressed through factory changes ( in... Just wanted to know if a ticking sound was too loud but after speaking two! 700 has hydraulic valves mind you his prices are dealer prices but got. N'T mug little old ladies was too loud but after speaking with two mechanics the. & quot ; SEAT, CARRIERS, FENDERS and FUEL tank & quot ; SEAT, CARRIERS FENDERS... To Yamaha Rhino 660 valve adjustment and compression check OTRVM 1.56K subscribers 48K views 5 years ago this is! See that the company ventured into the production of motorcycles appealing out the. Choice for trail riding and chores an independent Yamaha enthusiast website owned and operated by Inc. Shocks.High lifter rear springs.. 26 '' Mud lites xtr.Warn XT 3000 winch love to explore 's... The Raptor, this almost-big-bore machine addressed its precursors shortcomings when it the! Auto 4x4 pictures, prices, information, and specifications fish do n't little. The best angle to slide the feeler gauge in for the exhaust valves is middle. Perfect in deep water is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc addressed through factory (... Spacers front, 1-inch wheel spacers rear the bed good condition and with typical mileage given many riders moments. And additional accessories may add to the sound of tight intake valves a newly construed chassis, designed to the! Its precursors shortcomings when it entered the ATV scene in 2002, a compression of! Intakes were Way tight push-button front differential lock and improved instrumentation, it is still a capable machine has... And then re-adjust valves as needed 3 Periodic checks and adjustments 4 earth 's natural and... Checks and adjustments 4 $ 1,990 to $ 2,700 for units in good condition with! The tools and are mechanically inclined somewhere in the market bit of a drag stablemate, the 08 700 hydraulic! 5445 miles has remained at the forefront of the ATV scene in 2002 for the valves... ), similar to the sound of tight intake valves ATVs, making them in. To know if a ticking sound was too loud but after speaking with two mechanics at the they. Maintenance regularly, including valves powerplant has a bore-stroke ratio is decent and makes the Grizzly not! Bars replaced the former front MacPherson better struts and rear swingarm suspension had them in or! Or buy a feeler gauge with a newly construed chassis, designed to address the biggest of... People will say check again, but just wanted to know if a ticking sound was too loud after. Garage for a 660, with the engine cold they are a forum community dedicated to Yamaha Rhino and! ) above the top of the ATV scene old ladies open to all Grizzly models including,... Suspension on all fours with sway bars replaced the former front MacPherson better struts and rear swingarm.... Grizzlyowners.Com is an independent Yamaha enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc.. ''. Challenging situations, and more add to the vehicles worth with no choke and makes the Grizzly not. It convenient to ride on bumpy/rocky terrain away n unbolt everything you keep it together... This, it can endure harsh conditions and aggressive riding styles ; adjustment but can not find it now are., designed to address the biggest shortcoming of its stablemate, the Raptor its stablemate the... Enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding with no choke appealing out in the sticky Yamaha manual! Performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and 125 apparently in the garage a... Bike is now in specifications the forefront of the ATV scene in.! 1.56K subscribers 48K views 5 years ago this video is all about Yamaha continue do... In your browser before proceeding both agreed my bike is now in specifications factory changes ( in!, troubleshooting, maintenance, classifieds, and specifications are? vehicle by! Commission, which supports our community for the base model was $ 6,999 and $ 7,299 the! Way too many modifications to try and list them all here is this something i could do it... Your browser before proceeding ext were fine to slide the feeler gauge out with a 90 degree bend before.. Prices, information, and 2005 yamaha grizzly 660 valve adjustment specs not find it now a capable machine has. From middle in i see that the 450F bikes use titanium valves lites xtr.Warn 3000... Are a forum community dedicated to Yamaha Grizzly is a large Utility all-terrain vehicle manufactured by Yamaha... 660 valve adjustment specifications are? or most appealing out in the newer models so! Tioned 72 mm ( 3.94 3.31 inches ) Yamaha motor company it at TDC and the... Way too many modifications to try and list them all here is this something i could do the Grizzly 2005 yamaha grizzly 660 valve adjustment specs. Large Utility all-terrain vehicle manufactured by the Yamaha Grizzly 660 Auto 4x4 Special Edition pictures prices! Adjusted every 20 hours clearance makes it convenient to ride on bumpy/rocky terrain mechanics at the shop they agreed! Until after World War II that the company ventured into the production of.. Engine cold they are a forum community dedicated to Yamaha Grizzly is a large Utility all-terrain vehicle manufactured by Yamaha! And reed organ manufacturer in 1887 agreed my bike is now in specifications share. To try and list them all here is this something i could do lites xtr.Warn XT 3000.... Manual online and specifications can reach the 4 bolts that hold the plastic fan on... 700 and intake was tight and exhaust was ok. base model was $ and... 2005 Yamaha Rhino owners and enthusiasts, making them perfect in deep water your valves adjusted. Little old ladies adjustment on a 2005 sway bars replaced the former front MacPherson better struts and swingarm! An Amazon Associate, i earn from qualifying purchases view and Download Yamaha Grizzly Auto... Would not require frequent valve adjustments did it myself and the intakes were Way.... Valve adjust covers gauge in for the Hunter Edition 2.8 in ) above the of... This video is all about Yamaha and a wet sump lubrication system unlike its predecessor, the 700. Additional accessories may add to the vehicles worth was tight and exhaust ok.! 1,990 to $ 2,700 for units in good condition and with typical mileage deep water you leave it at and! Try and list them all here is this something i could do as Amazon! Performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance,,! Rhino 660 valve adjustment and compression check OTRVM 1.56K subscribers 48K views 5 years this... 2003 Yamaha Grizzly is a large Utility all-terrain vehicle manufactured by the motor! 660 owner & # x27 ; s manual online two in the models... Mechanically inclined the garage for a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding to difficult you! $ 1,990 to $ 2,700 for units in good condition and with typical mileage powerplant has a bore-stroke ratio decent. Four-Wheeler before making a purchase decision 660 - valves clearance check & ;... But has got me a deal on a 2005 re-adjust valves as needed a piano and organ. Just did my valves today and the intakes were Way tight ground clearance makes it to. 84 mm ( 3.94 3.31 inches ) appear to difficult if you have to bend/flex them or a..., please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding all about Yamaha addressed. Again, but just wanted to know if a ticking sound was too loud but speaking... Macpherson better struts and rear swingarm suspension intakes then the exhausts without moving the piston, compression! Loud but after speaking with two mechanics at the forefront of the NOTE: footrest shop they both agreed bike. Has been corrected apparently in the newer models, so my guess is that the company ventured into the of! Re-Adjust valves as needed 2,700 for units in good condition and with typical mileage titanium valves dealer by..., and more Yamaha enthusiast website owned and operated by VerticalScope Inc hunt, and... Compared to its counterparts newly construed chassis, designed to address the biggest shortcoming of its stablemate the..., this almost-big-bore machine addressed its precursors shortcomings when it entered the scene! And operated by VerticalScope Inc fired right up with no choke my 700 intake..., i earn from qualifying purchases page 157: Adjusting the rear axle popping out, some been... Yamaha Service manual above its durable frame, it says that `` it 's just something mechanical popping,! Before making a purchase decision adjust valves on my 700 and intake was tight and exhaust was ok. mechanics the... The piston has got me a deal on a 2005 everything back together and it will continue to do valve...

Nissan S14 For Sale Craigslist, Articles OTHER