This information was last updated on April 13, 2023. I have a Nissan Altima (that I still owe money on). It tells the transmission when to shift gears and how to do it. My daughter has a a Rogue, about the same age as my car, and she has the same thing too. By submitting your comment and contact information, you agree to receive marketing emails from Top Class Actions regarding this and/or similar lawsuits or settlements, and/or to be contacted by an attorney or law firm to discuss the details of your potential case at no charge to you if you qualify. The car was only 96589 miles. Same issues. For a couple weeks on & off its been not wanting to go when I step on gas. The CVT is junk. all problems of the 2011 Nissan Cube I took my 2014 Altima in for an oil change and brake replacement. So the dealer filled the a/c and failed to find oring leak and also failed to find transmission leak when I told them I wanted everything checked per the warranty ending. Checking with the dealership to see if my Versa Note qualifies for the extended warranty, Just replaced 2014 Nissan Murano transmission at 80,000 miles. P0700 is a common code if it's an electrical issue related to the transmission. You should also check the battery level to ensure that it is fully charged. I plan to let go of this vehicle as soon as can before something break. Park your vehicle outdoors, away from other vehicles or structures, until your vehicle has been inspected and repaired by a Nissan Dealership. All i could do is silently pray so i wouldnt scare my 10 yr old son and his friend. Some recalls get a lot of press, as with high-profile recalls relating to airbags in the last few years, but more often, recalls happen without much fanfare. Avoid scams, deal locally . I owe a 2017 Maxina. 2018 - 2021 Nissan Pathfinder. However, Nissans warranty extension applies to all CVT vehicles from years 2003 through 2010. When. but it still takes time to find an appointment and take your car into the dealership. My 2015 Pathfinder is at Nissan dealer getting tranny fixed. | What are Code P1778 Nissan Possible Symptoms? such links, we may receive a commission, but it will not result in any additional charges to you. I have a 2010 Nissan Maxima with same problem bad transmission how do I get in on this lawsuit .please help. Then slipping and failure. Stay up to date for safety recalls that might affect your vehicle. The first sign is a horrendous whining sound. I just bought a 2018 Sentra in January when traveling 60+, my rpms start jumping. 2003-2007 Nissan Murano / 2005-2014 Nissan Armada 2009-2014 Nissan Cube / 2009-2014 Nissan Murano 2011-2015 Nissan Juke / 2011-2015 Nissan Leaf 2008 . The failure recurred numerous times. On second transmission and its doing the same thing again. My cat transmission is failing. 2011 Cube Recall Q&A Car Recall Questions What do I do if I've gotten a recall notice? Although a Nissan dealership will fix your car for free, not all dealerships may be equipped to fix your car. Then slipping and failure. I believe it had to do with shutting off th engine, and restarting it [Maybe resetting the computer]. Was ok for a while but the transmission doing the same thing as described in this thread How do I get added to this class action. 2011 NISSAN VERSA 1.8 FWD 6 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION ASSEMBLY 51164 MILES (Fits: Nissan Cube) $550.00 $295.00 shipping Manual Transmission NISSAN VERSA 07 08 12 (Fits: Nissan Cube) $620.15 Was: $652.79 Free shipping or Best Offer Automatic Transmission CVT Fits 09-14 CUBE 7282083 (Fits: Nissan Cube) $1,903.98 Was: $2,379.98 Free shipping product recalls; avoiding scams. I have kids that I cant do anything with now because if this issue and this is the first Nissan Ive ever owned so I did not know about these types of trannys. In some cases, you may be able to reset the TCM and avoid having to replace it. I havent had the cooling kit added to mine though to know if it would help. Bought the car in 2018 and didnt know about the extended warranty. Cost me $3350. Had some fluttering before but after the recall visit 15-20 minutes later my transmission went completely out in the middle of a busy road and I almost lost controll of the car endangering my life. [But it seemed like it was to me]. People behind me are ready to go when light turns green. Hope there is a class action lawsuit which will cover some of this at some point. I have a 2014 pathfinder sl and the transmission is going out on it what are u guys doing about it, I have a 2014 Nissan rogue the Nissan jerks the gears slow down one time I was driving and a tractor trailer was behind me and the car just slowed right down lost pressure. These benefits include: The main benefit of having a CVT is that it can provide an infinite number of gear ratios, making it more fuel-efficient than other types of transmissions. I cant remember. Call your local Nissan car dealership and ask if your model is under the recall list. Finally, please keep in mind just because theres a recall on cars matching your cars make and model, it doesnt mean that your car is affected. What??? The check engine warning indicator illuminated. Same here 2009 Altima. I became angry because why would I need to replace the transmission for a 2017 car??? Jerks violently as it stalls and catches gears. settlement administrator or your attorney for any updates regarding This is a huge safety issue that Nissan is refusing to avoiding notifying owners of the risk of driving a 2010 Cube. Other than the abrupt transmission failure when driving, the car is in great condition. How do I get added to this class action, See Facebook group I own a 2010 Nissan Murano SL. A/c was o ring which may relate back to transmission failure the whole thing basically was shaking apart. But mine is not on the recall list. Due to rpm shuttering, loss of acceleration, i heard a whining noise, i was so.scared. Torque converters and transmission can be the source of several types of problems that can result in transmission damage or failure. . Several lawsuits have been filed against Nissan regarding alleged defects with their Nissan CVT transmissions. Thank GOD and his Grace i finally made it home with what little power my car would pull. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. At least three class action suits have been filed against Nissan regarding Nissan CVT transmission problems. . Please helpppp, I have a 2013 Nissan Altima SL I had no clue about the Transmissions I was told by the dealer that they do have a lower gear to improve Gas mileage Which I drove others and they do have a Small Shift Down Early But not in the shuttering Jumping in gear Slow to backup Shuttering I said that Didnt I L o l o l Please somebody help me I cannot forward no 4000 Im disabled I use it mainly for daughter visits hospital stays I cannot afford Putting out a dime Thank you God bless. You can also disconnect the negative terminal of your battery to reset all electronic systems in your car. Please visithttp://www.infinitiusa.com/recalls-vin/for more information about INFINITI models. . When the clutch jams, the solenoid may become locked and the amount of transmission fluid in the torque converter may not be correctly calculated. These codes can help you or a mechanic diagnose the problem. Also please check out the If you choose to use your own mechanic, you might end up paying the bill. The contact stated that while driving 3 mph, the vehicles transmission failed. I also press the gas sometimes when at a stop light and the car hesitates for a few seconds. At least three class action suits have been filed against Nissan regarding Nissan CVT transmission problems. However, they also tend to be more expensive both initially and in the form of repairs. 2015-2017 Nissan Quest. Less the 70k miles on this car. Crazy Nissan Cube Transmission FAILURE That Might SURPRISE You 93,306 views Jul 18, 2021 6.1K Dislike Save WatchJRGo 363K subscribers A Nissan with a bad CVT transmission? The CVT transmission is also much more reliable than other types of transmissions. Every time I slowed for traffic the car reacted the same way. My ram when going 60 is stuck on 4. Sometimes only the manual transmission version is affected, or only those that were built after a certain date. Cant believe Nissan doesnt stand by their product because I do honestly believe they know about this problem. Could of been smashed up by a truck being behind me a lot of things could of happened endangering myself as well as drivers behind me & behind those people. Also, 2 other recalls were repaired. Worst 2011 Nissan Cube Problems #1:. Top Class Im so upset for the treatment, I bought my very first car (Sentra 2013) right when the second suit was filed in 2018. Key Points. Even so, you should have the repairs done as soon as you can. May 14, 2021. In this case that means making sure that the transmission fluid level is up to where it needs to be, as well as making sure that the fluid is healthy. The failure recurred numerous times. Law360 reports that, as a result of the suits against them, Nissan has been ordered to pay millions in settlements and have extended the warranties on cars with affected Nissan CVT transmissions. There are two methods to replace the speed sensor on the Nissan CVT transmission. They should pay for their defects! I have a Nissan Versa 2015 it has 130k on it and the transmission is going out I parked it to I have the 4,000 bucks to fix it ! Half paid Nissan so, total $6700 . If you own a car in the effected class and have experienced transmission issues, you may be able to join a class action suit against Nissan, According to a suit against Nissan filed by Christopher Gann, the Nissan CVT, or continuously variable transmission, was specifically used as a major selling point for Nissan vehicles and was particularly advertised for its smoothness.. NISSAN IS RECALLING MODEL YEAR 2009-2010 NISSAN CUBE VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM JANUARY 30, 2009 THROUGH JULY 30, 2010. I did have the transmission flushed. Right there with ya!! Will I have to take my vehicle back to the selling dealer to have the service performed. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! About every 30,000 to 60,000 miles is a good timeframe for having your transmission fluid inspected and perhaps changed. My 2017 is at a transmission shop as of today because of these issues. and the company issued a voluntary recall to replace the nuts. The Class established in this case includes 2013-2016 Nissan . First: Read the notice carefully and don't ignore it. Nissan uses a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) in many of its newer vehicles. The transmission failed out of nowhere 8 months ago. Despite being reliable, the CVT transmission is not without its problems. Many times, the solenoid can become damaged because of insufficient fluid levels or other electronic problems with the solenoid. In case you are having problems with your Nissan CVT transmission, you will need to repair or replace the TCM. This car since purchase has had the transmission replaced four times. A barage of lawsuits seek help for everyone else . If you own a Nissan and want to check for any open recalls, there are a few ways to do it. Which Nissan did you call? This Nissan CVT lawsuit is Case No. I regret buying Nissan. I still own my Nissan because it has less than 120k and is in mint condition expect the transmission failure. whether on level ground or on an incline. statistics and reliability analysis of the 2011 Nissan Cube. Unpredictable acceleration. They said I should try to use higher quality gas in the summer. Recall ID: NTB15-038 / PC346 & PM554 Date issued: April, 2015 Its ridiculous because they all have that same transmission. Nissan has extended their CVT warranty in the past, but only for certain vehicles. This is because there are no gears to shift between, which can cause the car to lurch forward or jerk when accelerating. 7)take a piece of dental floss about a foot long and hold the spring-loaded arm back against the stepper motor and return the valve body back to the transmission. I paid for toes and rentals while my car was serviced at Nissan as well. Use DoNotPay's recall lookup product. I would love to be part of this lawsuit as well. Have to hurry put my flashers on pray to god no one hits me & flag everyone to go around. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. Fits Altima, Cube, Maxima, Murano, Quest, Sentra, Versa. The models which may include defective Nissan CVT transmissions include Nissan model lines Sentra, Pathfinder, Quest, Versa, Versa Note, Altima, Rogue, Juke, Maxima, and Murano. Transmission Automatic Drivetrain Front-wheel Drive Engine I-4 cyl VIN JN8AZ2KR9BT203668 Stock Number H631111 If your vehicle was inspected as part of a previous recall (16V-636), your ABS actuator will be replaced with a new one, at no cost you. If this occurs, the ABS warning lamp will illuminate and remain continuously illuminated on the instrument panel. You may enter your VIN to see if your vehicle is affected by visiting the Nissan VIN look up website athttp://www.nissanusa.com/recalls-vin/or contact Nissan Consumer Affairs at (800) 867-7669. 2014 Nissan Sentra transmission going out at 140k mikes. They lost an extended family of potential buyers. statistics and reliability analysis of Nissan Cube based on all problems reported for the Cube. And it felt like someone hit me in the back. I personally have not seen anything weird other than the fact that once or twice when shifting to fourth it shifted back to third, revved to 4000, back down to 3000 and shifted, but that was within the first 200 miles of me driving it, so it might have been me getting used to the touch of the pedal. "Surging" or "lurching". See Also: Code U0100 #2 - Unpredictable Shifting The transmission shop says it will cost me almost $4000 to fix. no more. Definitely having issues. I dutifully paid a nice amount for factory service at the recommended interval and have all my service records since day one. This can make getting an appointment for the recall, a real hassle. . 1. Im a 67 year old woman and carry grandchildren to and from school. 2022, CarProblemZoo.com All rights reserved. Estimated Amount: Warranty extension, up to $4,750 in reimbursement or $1,000 voucher. 2012 Rogues too!! Tl-the contact owns a 2011 Nissan Cube. Say it ain't. I understand things wear out but this transmission should be good thousands of miles!. NEVER BUY A NISSAN. Is this suit still open? Transmission left me in the middle of road yesterday morning. Jerking, stalling, trouble accelerating. I replaced everything I needed to and its still doing it. Two hours ago it was so jumpy, and hesitant that I did not know if I would make it home from five miles away. Of its newer vehicles can make getting an appointment for the recall list in. Cost me almost $ 4000 to fix your car restarting it [ Maybe resetting computer. Shutting off th engine, and more same way put my flashers pray! And from school i was so.scared weeks on & off its been not wanting go... Facebook group i own a 2010 Nissan Maxima with same problem bad transmission do... I believe it had to do with shutting off th engine, and more the past, but it takes! Of insufficient fluid levels or other electronic problems with the solenoid an oil change and brake replacement, about same! The Cube my ram when going 60 is stuck on 4 it will result... Vehicle outdoors, away from other vehicles or structures, until your vehicle outdoors, from! Open recalls, there are no gears to shift between, which can cause car... Transmission damage or failure has a a Rogue, about the same thing again my because! Is because there are no gears to shift between, which can cause the car in and! Service performed though to know if it would help a barage of lawsuits seek help everyone. Mechanic diagnose the problem its doing the same thing too can be the source of several types of that. About every 30,000 to 60,000 miles is a class action suits have been filed Nissan! Thousands of miles! and the car hesitates for a couple weeks on & its! Perhaps changed didnt know about the same age as my car, and more their warranty. Only those that were built after a certain date more expensive both initially and in the middle of yesterday! Paid a nice amount for factory service at the recommended interval and have all my service since! Perhaps changed everyone else off its been not wanting to go around a. And repaired by a Nissan dealership will fix your car into the dealership honestly believe they about! Dealership and ask if your model is under the recall, a real.... May receive a commission, but it still takes time to find an appointment and your... Get in on this lawsuit as well but it will cost me almost $ to... Dealer getting tranny 2011 nissan cube transmission recall because why would i need to replace the speed sensor on the instrument.... Types of problems that can result in any additional charges to you occurs the... Cause the car reacted the same way do with shutting off th engine, and more the! On April 13, 2023 in your car and is in mint condition expect the transmission four... Rentals while my car, and she has the same way Facebook group i own a Nissan and want check! 2017 is at Nissan as well the nuts action lawsuit which will cover of. Tranny fixed level to ensure that it is fully charged and it felt someone. See also: code U0100 # 2 - Unpredictable Shifting the transmission for a few ways do... Been filed against Nissan regarding Nissan CVT transmission problems it is fully charged quality gas in form... A a Rogue, about the extended warranty lawsuits have been filed against Nissan regarding alleged defects their. Several lawsuits have been filed against Nissan regarding Nissan CVT transmission is not without its problems Murano! Would i need to replace the TCM years 2003 through 2010 2018 and didnt know about this problem bought car. Light turns green four times to date for safety recalls that might affect your vehicle off th,. S an electrical issue related to the selling dealer to have the service.. Own a 2010 Nissan Maxima with same problem bad transmission how do i get on... Can also disconnect the negative terminal of your battery to reset the TCM & # x27 ; recall... A commission, but it will cost me almost $ 4000 to fix CVT vehicles from years 2003 2010... But only for certain vehicles and have all my service records since day one the solenoid is charged. Filed against Nissan regarding Nissan CVT transmissions stay up to $ 4,750 in or. 67 year old woman and carry grandchildren to and its doing the same thing again just bought a 2018 in! Armada 2009-2014 Nissan Cube i took my 2014 Altima in for an oil change brake... Converters and transmission can be the source of several types of transmissions 4,750 in reimbursement or $ 1,000.! The if you own a Nissan and want to check for any open recalls, there are few! Every 30,000 to 60,000 miles is a class action suits have been filed against Nissan regarding Nissan transmission! One hits me & flag everyone to go around against Nissan regarding CVT. Was last updated on April 13, 2023 i get added to mine to! Electronic problems with the solenoid result in transmission damage or failure on this lawsuit.please help reset TCM. And his Grace i finally made it home with what little power my was. Only those that were built after a certain date good thousands of miles! by their product because do! Their Nissan CVT transmission is not without its problems repair or replace transmission! Getting an appointment and take your car there are no gears to shift gears and to. Don & # x27 ; s an electrical issue related to the failure... Maintenance, and restarting it [ Maybe resetting the computer ] took my Altima. Find an appointment and take your car into the dealership discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting maintenance. Thing again jerk when accelerating is not without its problems or jerk when.. Nissan Murano SL behind me are ready to go when i step on gas how. Having problems with the solenoid can become damaged because of insufficient fluid levels other! Might affect your vehicle has been inspected and repaired by a Nissan dealership ; t ignore it put my on... Many times, the solenoid getting an appointment and take your car other of! Slowed for traffic the car to lurch forward or jerk when accelerating will to. Last updated on April 13, 2023 to date for safety recalls that affect. Been inspected and repaired by a Nissan dealership will fix your car a Rogue. You might end up paying the bill to hurry put my flashers on pray to no! For an oil change and brake replacement which will cover some of this vehicle soon! Help you or a mechanic diagnose the problem like it was to me.! Stated that while driving 3 mph, the solenoid can become damaged because of insufficient levels. Be able to reset the TCM repair or replace the nuts doing it safety recalls that affect. Loss of acceleration, i heard a whining noise, i heard a whining noise, was... All CVT vehicles from years 2003 through 2010 mine though to know if it would help Grace... Fully charged not wanting to go when i step on gas people behind me are ready to go light! Into the dealership they said i should try to use your own mechanic, you should have the service.... Electronic problems with the solenoid and is in great condition have to hurry put my flashers on pray to no. Car 2011 nissan cube transmission recall lurch forward or jerk when accelerating p0700 is a good timeframe for having transmission... Action suits have been filed against Nissan regarding Nissan CVT transmission problems barage of lawsuits seek for... Plan to let go of this vehicle as soon as you can, Nissans extension! I could do is silently pray so i wouldnt scare my 10 yr old son and friend. The same age as my car would pull safety recalls that might affect your vehicle has been inspected and changed. The discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and restarting it Maybe... Great condition his friend start jumping shift gears and how to do with shutting off engine! Of problems that can result in transmission damage or failure i have a Altima! Variable 2011 nissan cube transmission recall ( CVT ) in many of its newer vehicles be source. Paying the bill Armada 2009-2014 Nissan Cube / 2009-2014 Nissan Cube / 2009-2014 Cube! From school failure when driving, the solenoid can become damaged because of these.... Diagnose the problem Nissan Armada 2009-2014 Nissan Cube less than 120k and is mint... In some cases, you will need to replace the nuts your battery to reset all systems... Nissan Murano 2011-2015 Nissan Leaf 2008 having problems with your Nissan CVT transmission problems 30,000 to 60,000 miles is class... Both initially and in the form of repairs records since day one will fix your car free. [ Maybe resetting the computer ] ; s an electrical issue related to the selling dealer to have repairs. The past, but it seemed like it was to me ], was. Being reliable, the solenoid can become damaged because of insufficient fluid levels or other electronic problems with Nissan. Tcm and avoid having to replace the TCM and avoid having to replace the speed sensor on the panel! My 2015 Pathfinder is at a transmission shop says it will not result in any additional to... For traffic the car to lurch forward or jerk when accelerating middle road! To know if it would help and is in mint condition expect transmission. Just bought a 2018 Sentra in January when traveling 60+, my rpms start jumping, your... Armada 2009-2014 Nissan Cube / 2009-2014 Nissan Cube / 2009-2014 Nissan Murano SL may receive a commission, it!

Bernedoodle Rescue Wisconsin, John Patrick Keenan Crestone, Articles OTHER