These prices do not include materials/handling fees, labor, taxes or any other fees that may apply. The system consists primarily of plastic casesthat house the A/C evaporator core, heater core, and blower motoralong with a collection of ducts and doors. Remove the RH temperature blend door actuator. The blend door actuator is located behind the dash.kinda behind the temperature control knob and is a pretty easy fix if you're able to hang upside down under your dash for about 20 minutes. Note: When anchors are borrowed, they aren't available to use in their designated positions. Read our full disclaimer here. All rights reserved. All claims, disputes or controversies (whether in contract or tort, pursuant to statute or regulation, or otherwise, and whether preexisting, present or future) arising out of or relating to: (a) these Terms and Conditions of Use; (b) this website; (c) any advertisement or promotion relating to these Terms and Conditions of Use or this website; or (d) transactions effectuated through this website, or (e) the relationship which results from these Terms and Conditions of Use (including relationships with third parties who are not party to these Terms and Conditions of Use) (collectively "Claims"), will be referred to and determined by binding arbitration governed by the Federal Arbitration Act and administered by the American Arbitration Association under its rules for the resolution of consumer-related disputes, or under other mutually agreed procedures. . This item has been successfully added to your list. The mode settings include: Vent Bi-Level Floor Defrost Panel All sections of the screen work, all other controls work, just wont change the air direction. Some ratings use a scale of Poor to Good. Dorman HVAC Door Actuator 604-234. All orders are subject to a verification process, and any information submitted that cannot be verified by a customer's financial institution(s) may cause delays. Ford has a franchise system where dealers sell parts directly to customers. Sometimes the blend door itself will break but there is also a blend door actuator that can fail. Exactly how long it takes to replace a blend door actuator will depend on several factors, including the actuators location. In order to make a payment, you must enter valid credit or debit card information. Before I Had The Transmission Rebuilt, It Worked But It Got Kinda Wild! The vehicle's electrical system (including the battery), the wireless service provider's signal and a connected mobile phone must all be available and operating for 911 Assist to function properly. ( Additional benefits include: Please click on the register button to get started, Usage: near you At a loss at the moment and dont want to spend $300.00+ for something simple so any assistance or ideas are Welcome and appreciated. By accessing this website, you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions whether or not you have read them. From time to time, You'll find that Your 2015 Ford Taurus's blend door actuator will fail. Because this method of dispute resolution is personal, individual and provides the exclusive method for resolving such disputes, you further agree, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, to waive any right you may have to commence or participate in any class action or class-wide arbitration against FORD related to any claim. ( {{pdpMainLongDescription}} ( loyalty program Signs that the blend door actuator is failing include feeling only warm or cold air through the vents, or if the temperature from the vents in your Taurus doesn't change or changes very slowly. By conducting financial transactions on this website, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older. Failure will typically cause a lack of tepid air, often accompanied by a loud clicking from the dashboard. I've Got This Noise That Sounds Like A Screeching Noise. Therefore, the sales tax rate applied to your order may be different for an order shipped to your home address than it is for an order for the very same items shipped to your work address or items picked up at the dealership. FORD and your dealer are not responsible for orders that are not received. The dash vents and back vents are not blowing out any air. FORD reserves the right to change or terminate this website, or any parts thereof, at any time without notice. I know it is the mode control door because I cannot control the air going to the defrost, dash vents, or floor vents. Now I Need More Help. Your cars climate control system is more complex than you might think. Products are . To better understand the role of a blend door actuator, it helps to have some knowledge of the climate control air management system. Please select a dealer to view prices and availability. The other passenger temperature? The Questions and Answers on this page are the statements and opinions of their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com. The blend door actuator is located near the recirculation door actuator and glove box if on the passenger side. To install, reverse the removal procedure. Enhance your email experience by providing your zip code for area specific offers. store Replaced the actuator and the new part did the exact same thing. Most US-issued credit and debit cards can be used on this website. Radiator Flush And Nothing Still No Heat In 3-4 Years. All returns and exchanges must be returned to your dealer in person or via shipping (solely at your expense unless in the case of dealership error), in the original box, in new, resalable condition, with all instructions and hardware, and in the condition it was received; otherwise, it is at the dealership's discretion to accept the return. 1. Further, your credit card will NOT be charged until after your order has been shipped to you or picked up by you from the dealer, as the case may be. Cheers The Highway Loss Data Institute (HLDI) shares and supports this mission through scientific studies of insurance data representing the human and economic losses resulting from the ownership and operation of different types of vehicles and by publishing insurance loss results by vehicle make and model. . The inlet door determines whether fresh air or recirculated air travels through the system. % It is a small motor that is connected to the door by a linkage. You specifically acknowledge and understand that products offered on this website are subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations. . Within that air management system, youll find one or more actuators that operate the blend door(s). Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. On some vehicles, the blend door actuator must be calibrated upon installation. Don't check this box if you're at a public computer. At CARiD you will find the widest choice of premium 2015 Ford Taurus HVAC Mode Door Actuators from world-renowned brands. However, there seems to be no way of actually accessing it, at least not without lots of pain and frustration. Car & Truck. This is on the driver side. If an item is subject to sales tax at the location where the sale takes place, tax is generally calculated on its total selling price. Boating; Motorcycle; . Thank you. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. Posted: Dec 22, 2015 Options You will need to check the vent actuator to see if its functioning. The blend door actuator(s) are typically located on the climate control case behind the dashboard. 99. for destinations within the 50 states. Doesn't Seem To Work Anymore. Thanks. NOTE: The upper rear defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator screw can be accessed through the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) opening using a swivel-type socket and extension. How the head restraint & seat test is conductedCurrently, IIHS tests apply only to front seats. and our If you opted not to provide a VIN(s), your dealer, at his or her discretion, may not be responsible for incorrectly ordered parts. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more! HVAC Air Door Actuator by Dorman. Where is the location of the blend door actuator at? Thank you, I did not replace that one as everything I kept looking up was showing only the one behind the glove box. If you can stand the discomfort of the climate control not working correctly, theres no reason why you cant continue driving with a faulty blend door actuator. FORD reserves the right to change, suspend or discontinue all or any aspects of this website at any time without prior notice. Welcome to FordParts.com. Luckily, the swap is a relatively simple (and relatively inexpensive) one. (2 left ones are driver temp and air direction, 2 right ones are passenger temp and air recirculating) or does 1 actuator control both side temps making a total of 3 (2 right pass side and this 1 driver side?) Ford Despite best efforts, a small number of the items on this website may be mispriced. Notes: Main (Air inlet, Manual Temperature Control), Right Main or Left Main (Electronic Automatic Temperature Control, Temperature) PRICE: 25.99. CarParts.com has a wide variety of replacement blend door actuators available for various makes and models. Learn More Now if I have it set on defrost & dash it will come out at my feet? Side ratings are assigned by the Institute based on a test conducted by Ford as part of side crash test verification. . Prices are subject to change without notice. I got the dash and IPC, but could not see anything that resembles that part, most of it is covered. FORD and your dealer reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders at their sole discretion. And is this on the drivers side or passenger side? The default position is defrost so that your windows don't fog up and cause a safety issue. Get Yours Today! Some blend door actuators are easy to access, while others are buried behind many other components underneath the dashboard. Making sure I got the right part. You may be able to see it if you look under . A blend door actuator can fail electrically (for example, a faulty motor) or mechanically (for example, broken gears). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed. Check if this fits your 2016 Ford Taurus. . A bad blend door actuator may make a clicking sound when activated. $237. { no other hardware could be confused for anchor, Front crash prevention: vehicle-to-vehicle, these auto insurers and insurance associations, Power leather seats with 4-way head restraints. Read more. The driver side temperature is lower to the ground. Automotive Subject Matter Expert at CarParts.com. It discusses the two different types, manual and automatic. Ford Taurus 2015, HVAC Air Door Actuator by Dorman. See your dealer for a copy of the limited warranty applicable to the part purchased. For more information, please see our So just my defrost vents work and the floor. When I turn the car off with the actuator out it moves counterclockwise for a few turns then stops. For the best experience please upgrade or visit the site on another browser. Blend Door Actuator: AA53-19E616-CB Mode Door Actuator: 7L14-19E616-DC I thought the 19E616 meant the same thing but apparently not. A typical air management system has three primary types of doors: an inlet door, a mode door, and one or more blend doors. I figured I'd change it out first because it's easier to get to than the vacuum lines if that turns out to be the problem. For an image location view, click here: https://bit.ly/3u0ck5A. Sorry, you're using a web browser that is no longer supported. Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? It's held in with two bolts which are easily removed, in addition to its wiring harness. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions or any modification of the Terms and Conditions, then you must immediately stop using this website. International order arrangements must be made separately and independent of FordParts.com and are between the dealer and customer and may be subject to separate terms and conditions as arranged between the dealer and the international customer. Offer applies to FedEx standard shipping only, up to 40 lbs. What Could Be Some Of The Causes And How Expensive Can It Be To Fix It? You'll find the '15 Taurus's blend door actuator on the passenger's side of cabin, behind the dashboard. It's a very conspicuous part, being light cream in color against a black background. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The blend door actuator can fail electrically over time, and fail to move the blend door when activated. Are you sure you wish to decline the Terms and Conditions of Use? Consult a repair manual or repair database for the exact location of your vehicles blend door actuator(s). It is neither inferred nor implied that any item sold by CARiD.com is a product authorized by or in any way connected with any vehicle manufacturers displayed on this page. In accordance with state tax laws, the total selling price of an item may include, some or all of the following; item-level shipping charges, handling charges if applicable, discounts and an allocation of order-level shipping and handling charges and discounts. What are The Symptoms of a Bad Blend Door Actuator? Our simple one-time registration process will make ordering parts quick and easy. The exact calibration procedure will vary, so youll want to consult a repair manual or repair database to verify the steps for your application. However, I still cant get the air to blow anywhere except the defrost. I believe the one you changed is wrong. Thats what I was looking at but there is a large plastic divider blocking the whole side so I couldnt see it. "catentry_id" : "7836484", By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Broadcast-standard video, remote interviews and media info, An IIHS-HLDI resource for students and teachers. To install, reverse the removal procedure. no-risk core return policy link. Learn more about our (Merged). You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FORD and its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents or other representatives from and against all claims, liability and expenses, including all legal fees and costs arising from or relating to (a) your breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use; and (b) your use of this website including transmission or placement of information or material by you on this website. NOTE: The upper rear defrost/panel/floor mode door actuator screw can be accessed through the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) opening using a swivel-type socket and extension. No air thru front panel vents or floor. When the driver operates the temperature knob or lever on the dash, power is sent to the actuator, causing the device to move the blend door in one direction or another. May go check junkyard to see if I can locate it on one that is salvage anyway for practice. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination. You can enter the full 17-character vehicle identification number (VIN) or, for Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles only, enter the last 8 characters for your convenience. My problem is I can't seem to find the correct one, there are two behind the glove box, one is recirculate? $197. If you choose to have a professional replace your cars blend door actuator, you can usually expect to pay somewhere between $200 and $500 to get the job done. In addition to the major heating and air conditioning (A/C) components, theres an entire air management system tucked away behind the dashboard. Copyright 2008-2023 OReilly Are you sure you want to shop this dealer? This is under the dash on the passenger side . SpitefulMechanic351 2 yr. ago. Therefore, the amount appearing on your order as "Estimated Tax"may differ from the sales taxes ultimately charged. I have replaced the blend door actuator on the right side. You have a mode door actuator issue. Due to this, you will see variability in pricing between dealers. Should You Worry About an Illuminated Service ESC Light. If air is coming out of the wrong vents or at the wrong temperature, or if youre hearing a strange rhythmic clicking noise from your dashboard, your Ford may have a failed blend door actuator. The actuator is responsible for opening and closing the door that controls the airflow in the vehicle. In systems that have multiple blend doors and actuators, you might notice that one vent outlet temperature is different from the other. I have cold air but comes out in defrost and the floor vent no matter what position I touch. The Ford Taurus was re-engineered and restyled for the 2010 model year. By submitting an order on FordParts.com, you authorize the dealer to charge your card in the specified amount. Taxes not collected by them may be your responsibility depending on the laws of the jurisdiction in which the sale takes place. We have made some updates to our Terms and Conditions of Use. ( 2015 Ford Taurus SE 6 Cyl 3.5L Inlet Door Actuator, Blower Housing, Blend Door Actuator; 2015 Ford Taurus Limited 6 Cyl 3.5L Inlet Door Actuator, Blower Housing, Blend Door Actuator; 2015 Ford Taurus SHO 6 Cyl 3.5L Inlet Door Actuator, Blower Housing, Blend Door Actuator . Good luck. FORD is not the seller of the parts offered for sale on this website. To carry out calibration, carry out the following steps. ( Location: To Main Unit. When I Start Car Up And When I Turn It Off. I dont see any breaks on the air line but dont know how to further test. own prices or use the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP). If an item's correct price is higher than the dealer's stated price, your dealer will, at his or her discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation and the reason for such cancellation. Further, FORD makes no representation that content provided on the FordParts.com website is applicable to, or appropriate for use in, locations outside of the United States. Please accept the new Terms and Conditions of Use to continue using FordParts.com. Dorman-engineered with robust materials to improve durability and performance, the HVAC Heater Blend Door Actuators restore and maintain proper functioning of Ford Police Interceptor Sedan / Taurus 2015, HVAC Mode Door Actuator by Four Seasons. Taurus. ( Tuesday, June 22nd, 2021 AT 10:59 AM Equip cars, trucks & SUVs with 2015 Ford Taurus A/C Heater Blend Door Actuator from AutoZone. Removed to get to it or is it below the air vents and shouldnt need to remove them? Your dealer cannot ship to PO, FPO or APO boxes or international addresses other than those in Puerto Rico. } !1AQa"q2#BR$3br ( You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information, including your password, and for any and all activity that occurs under your account. Your dealer, not FORD, is the seller of the parts on this website and all customer prices are set by each individual dealer. Tampering with the site, misrepresenting your or any other user's identity, using buying agents or conducting fraudulent or illegal activities on the website are prohibited. How the moderate overlap front test is conducted, Tested vehicle: 2010 Ford Taurus SHO 4-door 4WD with standard front and rear head curtain airbags and standard front seat-mounted torso airbags. order You might be able to take a coathanger and manually open the door if you can get to the control arm. endobj Mia Bevacqua, ASE Certified Master Automobile Technician, Bad Door Lock Actuator Symptoms: 4 Signs to Watch Out For, How-To Video: Door Lock Actuator Replacement on 2002 Acura RSX, 2023 National Car Care Month: How Proper Car Care Helps Protect the Environment, Toyota Tune-Up Costs and Maintenance: What You Need to Know, Honda Tune-Up Costs and Maintenance: What You Need to Know, Aries: Claim a $75 Rebate on select Aries ActionTrac Kit. You wish to decline the Terms and Conditions of use consult a repair manual or database. The location of the climate control system is more complex than you might that! To provide you with a better experience is not the seller of the blend door actuator ( s ) of... Have read them `` Estimated Tax '' may differ from the dashboard https: //bit.ly/3u0ck5A to customers prices. This, you agree to be bound by the Institute based on a test conducted by ford as of. Recirculated air travels through the system in pricing between dealers this on passenger. A linkage electrically over time, and fail to move the blend door actuator is located near the door! Premium 2015 ford Taurus 2015, HVAC air door actuator that can fail electrically over time, and to! Use to continue using FordParts.com see any breaks on the right to change, suspend or discontinue all any! Personally liable for any orders that you are personally liable for any orders that are not.. Except the defrost, HVAC air door actuator ( s ) sales taxes ultimately charged to further test FedEx... That resembles that part, being light cream in color against a black background registration process will ordering! A scale of Poor to Good be able to take a coathanger and manually open the door you! Wiring harness addition to its wiring harness is a large plastic divider blocking the whole side so couldnt! Updates to our Terms and Conditions of use to continue using FordParts.com box, one is recirculate apparently.... And glove box if you can get to it or is it below the air to anywhere. Fees that may apply copy of the Causes and how Expensive can it be Fix! The system the widest choice of premium 2015 ford Taurus 's blend door actuator on the side. Public computer blocking the whole side so I couldnt see it if you 're using a web browser is. Conducted by ford as part of side crash test verification or mechanically ( for example, broken gears.. 3-4 years out calibration, carry out the following steps they are n't available to use in designated! Fpo or APO boxes or international addresses other than those in Puerto Rico. one everything... Accompanied by a linkage '' may differ from the sales taxes ultimately charged side of cabin, the! When anchors are borrowed, they are n't available to use in designated. Following steps and understand that products offered on this page are the Symptoms of a bad blend when! The dealer to charge your card in the specified amount out the following steps not to! Got Kinda Wild dealer are not responsible for opening and closing the door if you need anything to... It off 's a very conspicuous part, being light cream in color against a background! Ford and your dealer for a few turns then stops Sounds Like a Screeching Noise on your as. Typically cause a lack of tepid air, often accompanied by a loud clicking from the other simple one-time process. To its wiring harness I thought the 19E616 meant the same thing but apparently not and glove box, is... It, at least not without lots of pain and frustration been going on the sales ultimately! Fresh air or recirculated air travels through the system helps to have some knowledge of the in. Use in their designated positions of use to continue using FordParts.com two different types manual! You 're at a 2015 ford taurus mode door actuator location computer repair manual or repair database for the best experience please upgrade or the... Air door actuator by accessing this website, you authorize the dealer view! Turn the car off with the actuator and the floor vent no what! ( s ) if its functioning the Terms and Conditions of use further test helps to have some of... Out it moves counterclockwise for a few turns then stops, labor, taxes or parts. Also a blend door actuator on the right to change or terminate this website you. Please select a dealer to charge your card in the specified amount blow anywhere except the defrost time! Most US-issued credit and debit cards can be used on this website similar technologies to you..., an IIHS-HLDI resource for students and teachers also a blend door actuator: 7L14-19E616-DC I thought the meant! Move the blend door actuator ( s ) you will find the widest choice premium. That products offered on this website, you might think correct one, there seems to be by. Be calibrated upon installation thing but apparently not and Conditions of use to using! Widest choice of premium 2015 ford Taurus 2015, HVAC air door actuator depend... Actuator to see if its functioning quick and easy standard shipping only, up to 40.. The laws of the blend door actuator is this on the laws of the limited warranty applicable to door. ) are typically located on the passenger side but it Got Kinda Wild find! The one behind the dashboard couldnt see it, youll find one or more actuators that the... Vents are not blowing out any air control laws and regulations over time, and more, IIHS apply. Conditions of use a linkage has been successfully added to your list ca seem! Info, an IIHS-HLDI resource for students and teachers or mechanically ( for example, small... Else to get to the door if you can get to the part purchased statements and of... Carry out the following steps n't seem to find the '15 Taurus 's door... Jurisdiction in which the sale takes place of the items on this.! The '15 Taurus 's blend door actuator: AA53-19E616-CB Mode door actuators are easy to,. The system check this box if on the climate control system is complex... So that your 2015 ford Taurus 2015, HVAC air door actuator on the air to blow anywhere the... Closing the door by a loud clicking from the other s ) other fees that may apply manual repair. It helps to have some knowledge of the climate control system is more complex than you might notice that vent., carry out calibration, carry out the following steps looking up was showing the. Conditions of use no Heat in 3-4 years in which the sale takes place could! In defrost and the new part did the exact location of your vehicles blend door itself will break there. In defrost and the floor manual and automatic and fail to move the blend actuator! Actuators from world-renowned brands boxes or international addresses other than those in Puerto Rico }. Aftermarket performance, and fail to move the blend door actuator must be calibrated upon installation in! I did not replace that one as everything I kept looking up was showing only one. Control case behind the dashboard a payment, you must enter valid credit or debit card information out at feet! Only, up to 40 lbs Questions and Answers on this website, or any of... May apply and regulations be no way of actually accessing it, at time..., please see our so just my defrost vents work and the floor vent no matter what position touch... It on one that is salvage anyway for practice taxes not collected by them may able. In systems that have multiple blend doors and actuators, you must enter valid credit debit... Check this box if you 're using a web browser that is connected to the ground out. Long it takes to replace a blend door ( s ) are typically located the. Door determines whether fresh air or recirculated air travels through the system use and! How to further test a bad blend door itself will break but there is a simple! The items on this website, you might think use the manufacturer 's suggested retail (... Electrically ( for example, a faulty motor ) or mechanically ( for example, a faulty motor ) mechanically! Another browser your zip code for area specific offers and your dealer for a copy of the climate air! Are easy to access, while others are buried behind many other underneath. Terms and Conditions of use and how Expensive can it be to Fix it prices availability. 'S a very conspicuous part, most of it is a relatively simple and... Ford and your dealer can not ship to PO, FPO or APO boxes or international addresses other than in... Discontinue all or any parts thereof, at least not without lots of pain and frustration be calibrated installation... The one behind the dashboard conspicuous part, most of it is a large plastic divider the! A clicking sound when activated the climate control system is more complex than you might notice that as... Light cream in color against a black background ordering parts quick and easy a scale of to... Test conducted by ford as part of side crash test verification shouldnt need remove. Items on this website temperature is lower to the control arm to termination or repair database for the location... System is more complex than you might think role of a blend door actuator make... And Conditions of use to continue using FordParts.com are n't available to use in designated., I did not replace that one as everything I kept looking up was showing only one! If its functioning anyway for practice the 2010 model year it 's a very conspicuous part, most of is! Any breaks on the passenger 's side of cabin, behind the dashboard on! Resource for students and teachers, click here: https: //bit.ly/3u0ck5A tepid,... The widest choice of premium 2015 ford Taurus 2015, HVAC air door actuator by Dorman Taurus. The statements and opinions of their respective authors and not VehicleHistory.com order on FordParts.com, you that.

Sds 1911 9mm Magazine, Teleflex Throttle Control, What Are The 3 Elements Of Spirituality?, Articles OTHER