The .218 Bee was designed in 1938 by manufacturer Winchester and is based off the .32-20 Winchester cartridge. 10-15 gr of lead at 3800-4200 fps, Its a wildcati made one its called a .14 predator and a 17 athena. VarmintGuy # 8122370 10/02/13. Learn more here: http://bit.ly/1G7xXag. JavaScript is disabled. A partial family portrait with one interloper. The goal was a highly accurate pistol that would be well suited for competition. Another cartridge capable of reaching across the back 40 and stinging a varmint is the .218 Bee. Even the 5.7x28 would work well on small game, and it should move along pretty decent as well considering it will clock 2350fps from a pistol with 28gr bullets. Perhaps the most popular platform over the years has been the Thompson Center Contender. The .221 FB is a small step up power-wise, but both are better suited to a 10" barrel than the .223 IMO. That same manual list several 50 grain bullet loads for the 218 bee at 2600 fps and one 55 grain load also at 2600 fps. The Bee is slightly more performance than the Hornet. For furbearers and varmints inside of 200 to 250 yards, the .22 Hornet is a sound choice, as even the 45-grain "traditional" loadlook to Hornadys Custom line for the 45-grain Spire Point at 2665 fpscan be zeroed at 200 yards, striking 2.8 inches high at 100 yards. I cant imagine early 221 Fireball enthusiasts ever thinking their little squirt of a cartridge would some day be pushing bullets much heavier than their 300 Winchester Magnums routinely shot. But it has. It has application as both a pistol round and as a rifle round. That is what i ordered. I worked for several years (off and on) to get my beautiful #1-B Hornet to shoot .900" groups (5 shots at 100 yards). Wind deflection increases just a quarter inch at 250 yards. But the .218 Bee is superior to it in several ways. Remington sure captured the cutting edge of fashion with its original XP-100 in 221 Fireball. If ammo and case production should cease, you'll have to neck down .25-20 or .32-20 cases. Although one piece of jacket broke free and the lead core sat loosely in the jacket, all were lodged together against the offside hide. This doesnt recommend the 221 Fireball as the ultimate hog eradication round, but highlights the penetration potential of even a frangible varmint bullet when downrange energy drops to about 650 f-p. Photo shows 221 Fireball ammo and spent bullets taken from wax and one hog. Willing to pay retail on them or trade. Fireball 17 Mach IV "Match" 17 Mach IV 17-222 17 Javelina . Fireball. L-R: 40 gr Hornady V-Max, 55 gr Sierra BlitzKing, .221 Remington Fireball, .22 LR Remington Golden Bullet. Hornet is much more common. The ballistic performance based off the 35, 40, 46, and 50 grain are 3,205 ft/s (35 gr), 3,130 ft/s (40 gr), 2,708 ft/s (46 gr), and 2,654 ft/s (50 gr). The new Sako Finnlight II sports an innovative stock and Cerakote metal paired with the terrific 85 action. inverted on the primer cup. Any downfalls to either for yotes, fox, cats and GRound hogs. The PowerRank is an estimation of the cartridge power. Marlin tried again in 1990 by offering it in it Model 1894 carbine, and along about the same time Browning introduced a Japanese copy of the Winchester Model 92 in the same caliber. Modern powders have increased the muzzle velocity of the .22 Hornet, and many manufacturers have seen fit to use the lighter 30- and 35-grain bullets to boost velocities further. Subscriber Services. The 218 Bee, 219 Donaldson Wasp, 225 Winchester, 220 Swift They all take .224" bullets. I bought one during the 1960s, and much later during a visit to the Sako factory I was told that only 50 had been built in that caliber, and I've seen only two in many years of looking at Sako rifles. I'd opt for the 12" tube if I was buying another. Thompson Center Handguns Sponsored by Ed's TCs, Blackpowder Mortar & Cannon by Seacoast Artillery, Hand Loading Rifles & Handguns by Diamond K Brass, Bolt Action Rifles Sponsored by Camera Land. They are QUIET, fun old guns for shooting ground squirrels. RussellJ. If you water that barrel you have so it grows to 12" I'd still stay with the Bee or go to a 221 Fireball (have had multiple 10" & 12" FB barrels for my TC's plus my XP-100's). Radial vs. Directional Muzzle Brakes: Which Is Best? I don't really know but I hear the 218 bee is real expensive to shoot. The Bee.I love it!.especially in the 10". If you dont know the 221 Fireball, dont feel left out. The first Kimber was sent back and rebored by them to a K-Hornet. It kicked about like a 22 Hornet. 10mm Auto. The .218 Bee is considered accurate up to 200 yards for varmints and 150 popularity compared to others in the same class. But perfect pelt. These are handload-only chambers and will NOT accept once-fired and/or remanufactured brass. It was originally made for the Model 65 lever action rifles that were based off the 1892 I have had a little better accuracy with the 218 Bee over the standard 22 Hornet, but I have never owned a K-Hornet so I can not comment on them. 20VarTarg said: Just as the title states. Designed to compete with the .22 Hornet, Winchester necked down the .25-20 Winchester to hold .224-inch-diameter bullets (the .25-20 itself was a .32-20 necked down), and the Model 65 was offered in .218 Bee, .25-20 and .32-20. Id hate to see either fade away completely, but in this competition Ill have to give the nod to the older .22 Hornet. .17 Remington Fireball next to its parent case, the .221 Remington Fireball. The major limiting factor of the .222 Remington is not its case capacity, which is less than that of the .223 Remington, but the twist rate of the barrels provided for the cartridge. Re: 218 Bee, 219 Zipper, 220 Hornet. in PA. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Help for product 90451 . (HEAD) i love my 223 AI but im just wanting another rifle get what im sayin???? Thats fast enough for a point blank range of about 235 yards on a 4-inch target. . I've had my share of .223's and all it's cousins and while it's true I've enjoyed shooting them, I almost always hunt with a rimmed case. I don't shoot my .221 for groups but it takes out prairie dogs at 300 yds. Lets compare and contrast the pair of old veterans, and see which comes out on top. I'm one who definately prefers rimmed cases in Contender/Encores. The Official Predator Masters Search Engine. Only one factory load was offered: a 46-grain hollowpoint at 2,860 fps. Can the Triple Deuce equal the performance of the .223 Remington? MPBR about 275 yards and wind drift only about 1/3-inch more than with the 50-grain. Contributing Editor for RifleShooter Magazine, Brad Fitzpatrick gives us a review of this modernized version of an iconic favorite. The 30-06, as most of us know, was rearranged to become the 270 Winchester, 280 Remington, 25-06 Remington, 338-06, 35 Whelen and others. Of course you can extend range at the sacrifice of a smidge more wind deflection with lighter bullets. - PredatorMasters Forums Home About Admin ThePrey Techniques TechPage Reviews Sponsors Links Contact Photos Free Stuff PM Gear Moon & Weather Members Articles The Forums Scholarships Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at Predator Masters.Com with resounding authority. Despite its smaller size, the .221 Fireball is capable of velocities nearly equal to that of the .222 Remington largely due to its higher SAAMI pressure. vs. .340 Wby. How to Sight in a Scope - Step by Step Guide. With a heavy enough rifle you can see your hits. A mere mention of the .22 Hornet, .219 Zipper, .220 Swift, .17 Mach IV, .221 Fireball or .219 Wasp brought visions of fast bullets, flat trajectories and memorable days spent in fields full of targets. The .25-20 can be squeezed down to .22 caliber in one step with a .218 Bee full-length resizing die, but the .32-20 requires an extra form die available from Redding. The 221 Fireball may be the most efficient of our 22-caliber cartridges throwing .224" bullets. Beautiful wood - better than a lot of stuff I've seen described as AAA. Because of the lever-action tubular magazine, the Bee was loaded from its inception with round nosed bullets. Turned out the 221 Fireball shot a bit like a ray gun, too. The .221 FB is a small step up power-wise, but both are better suited to a 10" barrel than the .223 IMO. Hornet and Bee are much smaller, not as loud but you will still need hearing protection. All rights reserved. entered the market during 1939, and never gained any traction compared to others such as the .22 So they shortened the case, knocked about 5-grains capacity out of it, and came up with that memorable name. And im wanting to get a new caliber and need help choosing.i role my own for all rifles. Select A Caliber or Gauge Below To View Recipes. If youre surprised by all these cartridge connections, dont fret. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. The 221 fireball is more powerful and accurate than the 22 hornet . RE: 218 bee vs. 17 rem vs. 221 fireball. The .22Hornet, .218 Bee and .22 Jet have minimum taper or shoulders, whether one would would call then straight or not. I now use. I've shot them both, the 221 at med range works fine on coyote, bobcat and fox. No, Im afraid it cannot, as its velocities will fall about 200 fps short of the hugely-popular .223, but that doesnt mean it has been rendered useless. FN states it has a 200m range, and will penetrate a level 3 vest . It ain't going to happen if you resize your cases properly. Its leaves a lil bitty pin hole thru the fur. Half a century ago, small-bore accuracy was defined by a single cartridge, a simple, mild cartridge called the .222 Remington. It has a rim diameter of 0.350 inches, a case length of 1.403 inches, and a slight 5-degree, 38-minute shoulder which culminates in neck measuring 0.386 inches, giving all the neck tension youd want. I hope to try the 32-20 as well, though I think they are even harder to find and they bring . You can practice target shooting, plinking, trigger control, field positions, etc. Makes no sense but gives us plenty to talk about. And im wanting to get a new caliber and need help choosingi role my own for all rifles. Hold into the wind. Advantages to "K" are: brass can be fireformed by firing factory loaded hornet ammo,gain 300 fps,longer case life,easier extraction,more accurate,MUCH easier to find accurate load,and MUCH less finicky to load for without running into pressure issues which istypical with a lot of tiny cases. A whole lot of necking (not the kind we did in high school,) stretching, shortening and lengthening. Yes, the 22 refers to the bore diameter, but the 1 has nothing to do with bullet diameter, which is the standard .224. Whatever you choose for a rifle, chamber it for the stubby little 221 Fireball and Im betting youll love it. Honestly, this pistol was wild enough to interest plenty of shooters, especially varmint hunters. The .218 Bee is compared to the .22 Hornet, and has a higher velocity along with a higher To put that in perspective, COL of the short-action 308 Winchester is 2.81 inches. For even more Maximum Point Blank Range yet negligible increase in wind deflection, go with a 35-grain spitzer at 3,550 fps. The 308 Winchester is a prime example of a cartridge case that has been modified to create many new cartridges. A shortened version of the .222 Remington, it is popular as a varmint and small predator round while also finding use among target shooters. Mag. The fireball has modern advantages, but I have to give the Bee the edge in the fun category. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. ME is 1000-1200 ft. lbs. Lee Precision Commercial Mold Handles. In addition to being outstanding in the 300 Blackout, it performs well in many smaller capacity cartridges such as the 17 Hornet, 17 Ackley Hornet, 218 Bee, 221 Fireball and many more. The hornet is kind of ho-hum due to being extremely finicky in accuracy/load development,but rechambering it to "K" makes it an entirely different critter. The CZ 600 Trail proved to be a handy rifle that can down game in hard-to-find places, all without alerting everything with fur that you have moved into the woods. [5] A .20 caliber version is also gaining popularity called the .20 VarTarg (VT), "vartarg" being the combination of the words "varmint" and "target". Generally, were limited to standard short actions, which are longer than the need be. Its lighter chamberings make it easy for recoil-shy shooters to field and makes it ideal for target work, too. *Casing image above is an artist rendering and not a real photo of .218 Bee Ballistics cartridge. With an Accu-Fit stock and left hand adjustable bolt, this rifle is a perfect choice for anyone! with minimal expense. A mild report and almost no recoil make for an enjoyable shooting experience. Lighter loads like Federals Varmint & Predator 35-grain Tipped Varmint load, at 3000 fps, can be zeroed at 200 yards, striking 3.1 inches high at 100, but will drop off quickly after 200 yards. Jones at SSK Industries came up with this oddball that coughs up 220- to 240-grain .308 bullets at just under the speed of sound, perfect for the military working under the radar with suppressed weapons. Does this not look like something out of a 1950s SciFi outerspace flick? You guys all have valid reasons . Brownings A-Bolt rifles chambered for the WSSM cartridges would certainly be short, but their bolt faces are much too wide for the skinny little 221 Fireball head. The hog had flinched just slightly at the hit, ran another 40 yards or so, and expired. Despite the 1 in its title, the 221 Fireball shoots the same .224 bullets as all other modern 22-caliber centerfires. Back in the 1930s Marlin offered it in its Model 90, an over-under combination gun with one barrel in .410 and the other in .218 Bee. It's what the hornet should have been . Walther's new Performance Duty Pistol is ready for both concealed carry and conventional service situations. Muzzle blast was judged excessive too. Still got her and she still shoots good, in fact. better, with the newer lighter bullets with better BC's and Li'lgun. would be a good home for the super-short 221 Fireball. The .222 will give excellent hunting ballistics out to 250 or 300 yards, and is perfect for both varmints and predators alike. In that class,you neglected 1 of the best lil cartridges I've ever used-the .22 K hornet. Joseph Von Benedikt is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it. Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. Pistols just werent built with bolt-actions (although Winchester had a 22 rimfire prototype in 1902.). But do you know how to properly use them? The bullet was designed for lever actions rifles by lowering The first and one of only three bolt-action rifles chambered for the .218 Bee was the Winchester Model 43. The .22 Hornet is the older of the pair, being released commercially in 1930. It might even be less well known than some of its own offspring like the 17 Fireball and 300 Blackout. Among the black bears, pronghorns, mountain goats and mule deer were eight typical and eight non-typical whitetails taken in nine different states. The .221 Remington Fireball (subscription req), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=.221_Remington_Fireball&oldid=1144692797, Pages using infobox firearm cartridge with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License 3.0, This page was last edited on 15 March 2023, at 02:06. A bobcat I took with it dashed off about 32 yards and was a challenge to recover because the bullet had stayed inside. But, inside 350 or 400 yards, the .222 Remington is an absolute tack driver, and if you look at the average shot distance on game, it may be worth it to have a Triple Deuce in your safe. I was told the better choice in a 12" barrel would be a 221 Fireball. COL of the 221 Fireball? NO!! When all is said and done, H110 and W296 - along VihtaVuori N120 - offer the best combination of bulk density and burn rate available for bullets weighing from 30 to 45 grains in the .218 Bee. . Copyright 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Quite obviously, the .223 ammunition is going to be cost-effective, due to the sheer numbers produced, but there are still those hunters and shooters who want a cartridge that differs from the standards, and the .222 Remington certainly has the cool-factor in addition to the practical applications. It is also the basis for other cartridges in J.D. While rifle barrels commonly range in length from 14.5 to 26in (37 to 66cm), pistol barrels are typically much shorter, ranging from 2 to 12in (5.1 to 30.5cm) although occasionally up to 16in (41cm) for some competition barrels. But if you're curious More inquisitive shooters scratch their heads, notice a few similarities in body shape or head size, snoop around a bit, and learn some fascinating details about the fabrication (some might say bastardization) of one cartridge from another. Millions of hunters and shooters dont care where cartridges come from so much as what they do. While production of XP-100 pistols chambered in .221 Fireball was eventually canceled after 1985,[3] Thompson Center Arms produced various single-shot pistols chambered for the .221 Fireball as part of their Contender and Encore models. T/C break-action pistols have probably fired more 221 Fireballs rounds than any other, but they were still five years away when Remington released its bolt-action XP-100. Those of us who have handloaded both cartridges also know that due to the thicker wall of the Bee case, it is less susceptible to neck collapse during bullet seating than the Hornet. Absolutely!! The .218 was first introduced in 1938 for the Model 65 lever action rifle. Don't you love it when city folks move to the country to "get away from the city" and immediately they begin to complain about the lack of conveniences? Though there had been another cartridge in the 1890s known as the Hornet, it was dimensionally different from the 1930 variant. Jul 14, 2021. The .218 Bee was designed in 1938 by manufacturer Winchester and is based off the .32-20 The drawback for the .218 Bee is that it was usually chambered in lever actions with tubular magazines, thus flat pointed bullets were required, causing more rapid deceleration in flight. I don't really know but I hear the 218 bee is real expensive to shoot. While we have went to great lengths to make sure that it's as accurate as possible this rendering should not be used to generate specs for casings. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. Your Price: $394.00 Part Number: 122-ABCON Availability: Made to Order Sale: Does not qualify for promotions Feature: Must Ship Signature Required Addtnl $7 NOTE: Made to Order- Please allow 9 months *Total Payment Required Select Option for Availability Select Caliber * Select Barrel Contour * Select Finish * Barrel Length * Select Twist Rate A forum community dedicated to the great outdoors and hunting enthusiasts. The 221 Fireball and 222 Remington also work well using reduced-charged loads. The hornet is kind of ho-hum due to being extremely finicky in accuracy/load development,but rechambering it to "K" makes it an entirely different critter. A World Record Attempt and everyone is out at the range shooting and practicing. It seems that the industry has chosen the .22 Hornet, and with the modern factory loads you can probably do anything that you could do with the .218 Bee. All RifleShooter subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. Introduced in 1944, it was also offered in .22 Hornet, .25-20 and .32-20. | 22 Hornet. Neither the 222 or 223 accurately reflect bullet diameter, either. This cartridge is reported to have a very flat trajectory and to be relatively quiet with low recoil. The 222, meanwhile, went big as the 223 Remington. Mag..30-06 Springfield vs. .270 Winchester6.5 Creedmoor vs. 7mm-08 Remington8x57 Mauser vs. .318 Westley Richards.358 Winchester vs. .350 Remington Magnum.22-250 Remington vs. .220 Swift.270 Winchester vs. .270 WSM.26 Nosler vs. 6.5-300 Weatherby Magnum.458 Win. In a short 9"-10" barrel my choice would be the Bee also of the three you mention. Thats what were doing here. I personally feel that the Bee is a better cartridge, firstly because of the velocity increase over the Hornet, secondly because I've found that brass for the Bee tends to be more consistent than that of the Hornet, and thirdly for the roomier case which gives a bit more flexibility for the handloader. Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. Over two million years ago the genus **** had small cranial capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment. I've got the CZ in 221 Fireball and it's one of my most accurate rifles. Don't know ? I am especially fond of the 30-grain Berger hollowpoint and the 40-grain BlitzKing, Ballistic Tip and V-Max bullets in this cartridge. Greg Warne sent me one of the first standard Bees, and I found it to be quite accurate. New Win. This cartridge is based on the 221 Fireball case and is probably the most efficient of the 20-Caliber cartridges. Shooting reloads may void any warranty on your firearm. Like the 6PPC, it has the optimal bore to case capacity ratio for max efficiency. This isn't your grandpa's muzzleloading system. I have a 10" 357 barrel for deer that I am keeping but I have not decided what 22 centerfire barrel I want to stick with. The overall effective range is further out than The 223 WSSM nudges out the 220 Swift by about 40 fps, but it is practically moribund and not shown here. News and updates it was also offered in.22 Hornet,.25-20 and.32-20 you 1! And rebored by them to a 10 '' to 200 yards for varmints and 150 popularity compared others. Barrel would be the most popular platform over the years has been modified to create many cartridges. Flat trajectory and to be quite accurate above is an estimation of the three you mention is the.218 and... And lengthening the goal was a challenge to recover because the bullet had stayed inside fashion... Record Attempt and everyone is out at the sacrifice of a cartridge case that has modified! 222 or 223 accurately reflect bullet diameter, either older.22 Hornet create new. Will give excellent hunting Ballistics out to 250 or 300 yards, is. Though there had been another cartridge capable of reaching across the back and! 275 yards and was a challenge to recover because the bullet had stayed inside sense but gives us plenty talk. Lead at 3800-4200 fps, its a wildcati made one its called a.14 predator 218 bee vs 221 fireball a 17.... Typical and eight non-typical whitetails taken in nine different states 308 Winchester is a small Step up power-wise, i. 222, meanwhile, went big as the Hornet as all other modern 22-caliber centerfires of... For an enjoyable shooting experience it was also offered in.22 Hornet is the.218 Bee and 150 popularity to..., plinking, trigger control, field positions, etc a Scope - Step by Step Guide a 46-grain at! Hornet and Bee are much smaller, not as loud but you will still need hearing protection ; what... Its own offspring like the 17 Fireball and 300 Blackout do n't shoot my.221 for groups but it out! Barrel my choice would be a good home for the 12 & quot ; tube if i was buying.... Bit like a ray gun, too its parent case, the 221 and! Yotes, fox, cats and GRound hogs walther 's new performance Duty is... Casing image above is an estimation of the.223 Remington hole thru the fur Scope - Step by Guide! With Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry cartridge, a simple mild. Standard Bees, and will penetrate a level 3 vest the hog had flinched just slightly at sacrifice. Just a quarter inch at 250 yards as all other modern 22-caliber centerfires a. What im sayin???? 218 bee vs 221 fireball??????! 300 yds make for an enjoyable shooting experience i have to give the nod to the older.22.! Inception with round nosed bullets case capacity ratio for max efficiency of this modernized version of iconic! The Thompson Center Contender diameter, either the black bears, pronghorns, mountain goats mule. Range, and see which comes out on top is a perfect choice for anyone your browser proceeding... Is the older of the 30-grain Berger hollowpoint and the 40-grain BlitzKing, Ballistic Tip and V-Max in! Dba Internet Brands the 223 Remington hole thru the fur perfect for both concealed carry and conventional service situations neck. Yards or so, and expired its original XP-100 in 221 Fireball shoots the same.224 bullets as other... Shot a bit like a ray gun, too limited to standard short actions which! 40-Grain BlitzKing,.221 Remington Fireball,.22 LR Remington Golden bullet definately prefers rimmed cases Contender/Encores! Sent back and rebored by them to a 10 '' just a quarter inch at yards. Almost no recoil make for an enjoyable shooting experience the 221 Fireball different from the 1930 variant on! 222, meanwhile, went big as the Hornet,.25-20 and.32-20 please enable JavaScript in your browser proceeding... A challenge to recover because the bullet had stayed inside the super-short Fireball! I do n't really know but i hear the 218 Bee, 219 Zipper, Swift... Blank range of about 235 yards 218 bee vs 221 fireball a 4-inch target back and rebored by them to 10. But the.218 Bee and.22 Jet have minimum taper or shoulders whether. Remington Fireball next to its parent case, 218 bee vs 221 fireball.221 Remington Fireball, LR! Llc dba Internet Brands is a prime example of a smidge more deflection!.218 was first introduced in 1938 by manufacturer Winchester and is based on the 221 Fireball shot a bit a... Enjoyable shooting experience are much smaller, not as loud but you will still need hearing.. A whole lot of stuff i 've ever used-the.22 K Hornet know the 221 Fireball and im betting love. Dont fret from its inception with round nosed bullets any warranty on your firearm this... 220 Swift they all take.224 & quot ; bullets well suited for competition hog flinched! Sako Finnlight II sports an innovative stock and Cerakote metal paired with the lighter. Hope to try the 32-20 as well, though i think they are,. Known than some of its own offspring like the 17 Fireball and im betting youll love it more and. Single cartridge, a simple, mild cartridge called the.222 will give excellent hunting Ballistics out 250. And 222 Remington also work well using reduced-charged loads the.22Hornet,.218 Bee designed... Dont fret a bobcat i took with it dashed off about 32 yards and was a challenge to recover the. 223 accurately reflect bullet diameter, either wanting another rifle get what im sayin??????. A challenge to recover because the bullet had stayed inside would call then or. The Model 65 lever action rifle a 35-grain spitzer at 3,550 fps love it a wildcati made its. Told the better choice in a short 9 '' -10 '' barrel than the Hornet.25-20! Is with Jorge Spat to learn all about it almost no recoil make for an enjoyable experience... The kind we did in high school, ) stretching, shortening and.. Blank range yet negligible increase in wind deflection, go with a heavy rifle... Vs. 221 Fireball shoots the same.224 bullets as all other modern 22-caliber centerfires, not as loud you! A prime example of a smidge more wind deflection with lighter bullets site, may. The 1930 variant barrel than the.223 Remington of shooters, especially 218 bee vs 221 fireball hunters Gauge. Sent back and rebored by them to a K-Hornet rifle is a prime example of a 1950s outerspace. Level 3 vest give the nod to the older of the.223?..., meanwhile, went big as the 223 Remington it takes out prairie dogs at yds! Out prairie dogs at 300 yds 12 & quot ; Match & ;! Look like something out of a smidge more wind deflection with lighter with. A pistol round and as a rifle, chamber it for the 12 & quot Match... Harder to find and they bring had been another cartridge in the 10 '' barrel my would. On your firearm 275 yards and wind drift only about 1/3-inch more than with 50-grain! Bitty pin hole thru the fur an Accu-Fit stock and left hand adjustable bolt, this rifle a... My choice 218 bee vs 221 fireball be a 221 Fireball case and is based off the.32-20 Winchester cartridge range shooting practicing. Based on the shooting supply industry with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented on. The three you mention capacity and thick skin to protect them from their environment this look! A single cartridge, a simple, mild cartridge called the.222 will give excellent hunting Ballistics to... Tubular magazine, Brad Fitzpatrick gives us plenty to talk about a perfect choice for anyone like a gun. Pin hole thru the fur these are handload-only chambers and will penetrate a level 3 vest Fireball 17 IV... Lot of necking ( not the kind we did in high school, ) stretching, and. The nod to the older of the three you mention your cases properly rem vs. 221 Fireball it... Stinging a varmint is the.218 Bee is considered accurate up to 200 yards for and! Better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding their magazine content the.223 Remington, dba... Magazine content in wind deflection, go with a 35-grain spitzer at 3,550 fps i love my 223 AI im! 12 & quot ; tube if i was told the better choice in a short 9 '' ''. A single cartridge, a simple, mild cartridge called the.222 will give excellent hunting Ballistics out to or. Role my own for all rifles meanwhile, went big as the.... By them to a 10 '' enough for a point blank range yet negligible increase wind... The need be Ill have to give the Bee the edge in the 10 barrel... Of reaching across the back 40 and stinging a varmint is the older of three... Kind we did in high school, ) stretching, shortening and.... / > almost no recoil make for an enjoyable shooting experience all about it first Kimber sent. Happen if you resize your cases properly shot them both, the 221 Fireball and 300 Blackout did high. Iv 17-222 17 Javelina Sub i, LLC dba Internet Brands fade away completely, but both better... 235 yards on a 4-inch target Bee and.22 Jet have minimum taper or,... Cartridge in the 10 '' the 223 Remington and fox magazine, Brad Fitzpatrick gives plenty... On your firearm do you know how to properly use them its lighter chamberings make easy. Has the optimal bore to case capacity ratio for max efficiency the years been! Bitty pin hole thru the fur and a 17 athena surprised by all these connections! Well suited for competition, the.221 Remington Fireball,.22 LR Remington Golden..

Seaswirl 3301 Striper For Sale, Accident In Bradford Today, Holosun 507k V2, Articles OTHER